Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Medal Buying Error?

ZintackZintack
Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
edited May 11, 2017 in Item/Premium Shop
Not sure if this was the right section, but can anyone help me? I'm trying to buy medals and I keep getting this.. is it prepaid only?: https://gyazo.com/2714b99ff585e8aa2bb9c2f451772533

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 11, 2017
    Zintack wrote: »
    Not sure if this was the right section, but can anyone help me? I'm trying to buy medals and I keep getting this: https://gyazo.com/2714b99ff585e8aa2bb9c2f451772533

You don't seem to have chosen in what character that medal should go. Maybe that's the problem.

EDIT: Oh found the problem. Medals can only be bought with NX Prepaid. RIP.
    Zintack
  • ZintackZintack
    @Greta Just forgot about that.. After I bought it w/ credit. Haha rip
  • SplatulatedSplatulated
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,930
    edited May 13, 2017
    why is it karma koin only

in canada karma koin is such a rip off im not even sure stores stock it anymore

im also unsure how they still exist since they dont even give you the nx amount advertised on them anymore
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    You gotta get your account modded to where everything you buy counts as prepaid. Golden snail or something is what it used to be called. Try asking for it in a support ticket~
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    so a friend got the New phoenix pet and wants to give it to me. but she cant buy the Medal for adoption as its telling her that it requires a Lvl of 50045. like really? so as a result she cant give me the pet.
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    I bet that's just how they force you to use nx prepaid to get it.

They won't let you purchase it with nx credit, presumably because it's much faster to get nx credit (Possibly with stolen cards) on a compromised user account and trade away their pets.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    that's a precaution so only people who have nx prepaid can buy the pet. you have to get karma koin or something
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055
    why is it karma koin only

in canada karma koin is such a rip off im not even sure stores stock it anymore

im also unsure how they still exist since they dont even give you the nx amount advertised on them anymore

its nexon's way of trying to screw us Canadians over. try to get us to spend more money. i remember when it was $10 for 10k nx. not its 7800 for $10.

i brought this up a few years ago as to why they are scamming us and i got a lousy excuse from one of their mods.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited May 14, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    that's a precaution so only people who have nx prepaid can buy the pet. you have to get karma koin or something

Did it have something to do with exchange rates? Canadian fun bucks are worth about 73% of a USD. If they allowed 1 for 1 purchases in Canada then people with USD would convert online and purchase all their nx with CAD and profit off of your guys's currency.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    To be honest, I think the problem is that pets are technically characters, and if someone got access to your steam account, credit card info and all, they could steal your pets.

I'm not saying I like it. I'm just saying that's what I think the reasoning behind the decision is.
  • WingWing
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,095
    edited May 17, 2017
    Do you all really not understand conversion rates? Nexon went a long time letting Canadians have extra nx from karma koin. So, if anyone was screwed or scammed it would be everyone that bought USD karma koin using USD currency before it was equalized by nexon.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Conversion rates, something that doesn't just exist for gaming, is now scamming? People don't understand what a scam is now adays and seem to enjoy throwing that word around alot.
  • blahblablahblahblablah
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    edited May 17, 2017
    She just doesn't know how exchange rates works!
  • ZintackZintack
    That was unnecessary^^