Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Landmaker in Connous?

Sphyra21Sphyra21
Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
in Help
So I was goin' 'round Longa Desert, Connous, and I noticed that the landmaker action doesn't seem to work there anymore. Which is weird, especially when you're usin' L-rod exploration and you keep gettin' the message: "There seems to be something here, I should look for a different way to find it."
Which means use the cold or warm wind L-rods.

Is this just happenin' to me our is this a permanent thing that I somehow missed in my 9 years of playin'?

Comments

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    ok no idea why they moved this >>
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    edited May 14, 2017
    Err.. lets go over all the bases:
    Are you a human? Are you allied to the Elves?
    Are you using the Land Maker action from the action menu(N)?
    Can you charge Land Maker or does it do nothing on the terrain?
    Could you use both cold and warm L-rods on the area?
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    I'm an elf.
    Yes I'm using the landmaker action from the action menu and yes the action loads.
    No it does not change the terrain all it says is that "You cannot change the terrain here."
    As I stated before, neither the cold or warm wind L-rods work with the landmaker action.

Kind of feel like I'm being treated like a noob here......
  • downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    Looks ok on my side little north of the fish mark, what is the exact location on the map you try the action?
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    I am sorry if you feel that way, but I cannot help if I don't have any data and many problems are solved by silly obvious answers (like the common "where is my item?" problem which happens to just be "look in your bags")

I just logged into my elf and I used the land maker action and it worked just fine. I was able to use it on any of the lighter colored sand.
    Are you using the action on the lighter sand?
    What is the error message if/when it isn't working?
    Can you use the action anywhere else besides the "There seems to be something here, I should look for a different way to find it." area?
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    I mostly was trying to use it north east of the oasis, but not right on top of it. Then south of the oasis I tried a couple of times, I was looking for an entrance to the Connous underground.

f6852cced3414a74b89476c7a50cc117.jpg

Also, sorry about that noob comment -.-'
    I know you're just asking the questions that need to be asked. I really should have waited an hour or two before I replied (was dealing with some real life stupidity). Again, very sorry.
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    I had this problem once. I found out that the problem was I was in a field boss area. :/ And it happened around in that lower left circle you have on that map. I'm not sure about the two upper right circle areas. I don't know if this helps.
  • RyzenshineRyzenshine
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    It's two years later and I've run into this exact same problem. I equipped the cold-elf L-rod and it tells me that I cannot use the land maker skill there. And it's exactly in one of the areas you've circled. I guess something about those areas might be off-limit or something.