Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Shock Quest Issue

lalaiouslalaious
Mabinogi Rep: 200
in Help
I have received the shock skill and it is rank novice. I do not have the book to complete with the shock pages and I do not have a Shock Quest to complete. When I speak to Heledd with the keyword 'skills', she says, "So how's you Shock training going? I'm really excited to see you use it! Do your best to master that skill!" However, after I speak to her I do not receive the quest or the book. What should I do?

Comments

• MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    edited May 14, 2017
    Do you have the quest for fireball, arrow revolver, thunder, or ice spear?

Shock likely won't let you start the quest if you have those quests at the same time, as it never got an update to remove the page timers and remove that restriction on obtaining the quest.
  • lalaiouslalaious
    I do not have any of the above mentioned quests.
  • FalcondaeFalcondae
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Did you try giving up the quest and talking to her again to try and get the book again? There's a note here on the Wiki that "If the player drops the book, a new page-less one can be acquired by giving up the quest and then re-accepting it." But there's also the note of "Forfeiting the quest will not remove the book from the player's inventory."

Is it possible that it might be in another inventory bag that you didn't check? Books can be a bit easy to miss for whatever reason.
  • lalaiouslalaious
    The issue was that I had a quest for final hit which would not allow me to get the Shock quest. Thanks for all the suggestions!