[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Dark Skintone Options for Elves!

Comments

  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,950
    Posts: 768
    Member
    trade in black hair color for darker skin tones, seems like a fair trade to me!
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    Posts: 112
    Member
    Bloonk wrote: »
    Even from a lore standpoint it doesn't make sense.
    WFPcYPy.jpg
    I can have an elf with abnormal colored spiky hair that defies gravity, crudefully drawn on eyes, a goatee, AND A DISGUSTING, UNNATURAL, REVOLTING CAT MOUTH THAT IS PERMANENTLY OPEN.
    so i mean why not have dark skin tones? dark skin is beautiful.

    I don't even play an Elf but even I think it's quite stupid that they haven't given Elf players the option of dark skintones after all these years. Honestly there's already way too much downright asburd modern day things you can have in the game at this point that shouldn't even exist given the setting of the game. Such as living scooters/food carts, electric guitars, a video camera, and probably even more stuff I'm not aware of. So if they apparently consider it fine to go inserting modern day stuff like that into a game like this then I see no good reason for why they can't just give Elves darker skintones already. That and honestly it seems like it would realistically and logically make more sense for the race living in the bloody desert to have the darkest skin color options anyways.
    ZeoTheLordofNyrinDanievictriakapapaSherri
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    Zeo wrote: »
    Falskull wrote: »
    Why even care about skin color honestly why not except the game as it is. Mabinogi Elves race is way more inline with a -High Elf- then a -Dark Elf- You already have Black haried elves isnt that enough. why are you trying to make the races the same as each other there different for a reason.

    Not sure if you're trolling or is just being really ignorant on this... It also seem like you're evading my question and for a very obvious reason too because you actually don't have any source/proof of that... maybe because the elves having dark skintones was NEVER mentioned in any form of lore in Mabinogi? I will ask you one more time - provide in-game (as in screenshots straight from Mabinogi, not Elder Scrolls, etc...) screenshots of where it was stated that elves cannot have the dark skintones. Also... did you literally not see the three screenshots in my original posts showing three elf NPCs who have tan/dark skintone in Mabinogi? They do exist.

    And also, the argument about three races having the difference in regard to the skintones is very illogical because the special thing about giants is that well... they're big, lol while elves have the ears...I don't even need to state what humans are, lol. I think that's more than enough of the difference between three races... do you really need the skintones to differentiate the three races? lol

    I have to agree with @Aeolys and @Kaga... There's no such thing as 'High Elves' or 'Dark Elves' in a game like Mabinogi so your argument on this as a reason to go against elves having dark skintones is really invalid and like what Kaga said... you literally treated 'black' as in a different category compared to being white and that can come off in a very bad way too.
    Aeolys wrote: »
    Montjulent wrote: »
    The server verified it as legal and let me choose that skin color-- that's good enough for me.
    I'm calling dragon turds. Also: why did you say "the server verified"? There is no such feature. Now, I'm now calling hacks.
    And if in the end, this was just a photoshop, I'm calling troll.

    I'd assume it's via mod, hack, or using some sort of script... most likely... to get the dark skintone on elves because it's still not possible to get the dark skin options if I go to a dressing room to change my skin...

    Exactly as Zeo says! ^^^^ There is no "lore" against dark skin. It's dark hair that's the "omen of disaster" (or whatever they called it). Dark hair. I'm so frustrated when people don't pay attention to the actual lore and then cite it incorrectly as though it makes some kind of excellent argument.

    And also this is not Skyrim. I would know, I play Skyrim. Keep Skyrim out of Mabinogi; I do not want Hermaeus Mora getting his slimy tentacles all over my precious Fantasy Life. :<
    There are no "High Elves" here.

    And if the Devs have truly forgotten how to change skintones in the menu (as someone else I think mentioned), then the least they can do is release invisible items that will change it. :/
    ZeoSherriKedarui
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,000
    Posts: 521
    Member
    edited June 11, 2017
    Beautifully stated, @Blissfulkill, @Namiri, and @WolfandWolf! I also appreciate all the supports in so far! <3
    Maia wrote: »
    trade in black hair color for darker skin tones, seems like a fair trade to me!

    Ehh, how is this a fair trade, lol? Humans and Giants got their ice blue hair color from us (along with our light blue-greenish eyes) as an additional hair color option when we got our black hair option back in 2014... even so, we already got hair dye like two months ago so trading the black hair option in for 'dark skintone options' are pretty much irrelevant... and I feel like the skintones are something that should be shared by all three races. I just feel like this is one of those stupid attempts to try and shut almost everyone wanting dark skintones for elves down... Maybe you guys can get our Salmon Pink and one of those pastel green hair colors to make it up for us getting dark skintones though. ;)

    Heck, if it was up to me, I'd make it so all three races get all the hair, eye, and skin color options so there'd be no complaint but getting elves to finally have the dark skintones is our main focus right now for this thread... they could just like... copy-paste the skin options humans have and slap it onto elves... very simple situation too.

    Anyway... I see someone else who voted 'No' thus making it six votes so far and I am really curious on their reasoning for voting no because as of right now, I can't really think of anything to be against elves getting dark skintones other than just to troll us.
    Sphyra21WolfandWolfTheLordofNyrinSherri
  • TaffytaTaffyta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Posts: 34
    Member
    Wanna play an elf but won't because I don't like being forced to play white characters. So yeah, obviously support.
    ZeoPepperLimeSherriSaerrinKaiwythvioletkitt
  • TheLordofNyrinTheLordofNyrin
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Posts: 14
    Member
    http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/4246/dark-skinned-elves

    Thought I'd link this thread in here since it has more posts on the subject (and b/c its buried in the general forums), and even even longer more in depth rant from me on the subject. I don't know which i find more insulting, the fact that dark elf skintones weren't a thing on release or that its just been crickets and tumbleweeds from the devs on the subject for years. *autistic angry grumbling*

    ZeoSphyra21SherriSaerrin
  • InvalidRiotInvalidRiot
    Mabinogi Rep: 375
    Posts: 2
    Member
    I 100% agree with this!
    ZeoSphyra21Saerrin
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,000
    Posts: 521
    Member
    edited June 13, 2017
    Came across one of my old screenshots where my friend and I managed to find a lost elf who have dark skintone and I felt that it is relevant for a thread like this. The lost elf NPC is on the left of the screenshot.

    2dbknbr.jpg

    I believe I have the darkest skin available on as an elf (I am the guy with neon pink outfit) and it's definitely not dark compared to the lost elf NPC's skin... yeah.
    TheLordofNyrinWolfandWolfkapapaSherriSaerrin
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    Zeo wrote: »
    Beautifully stated, @Blissfulkill, @Namiri, and @WolfandWolf! I also appreciate all the supports in so far! <3
    Maia wrote: »
    trade in black hair color for darker skin tones, seems like a fair trade to me!

    Ehh, how is this a fair trade, lol? Humans and Giants got their ice blue hair color from us (along with our light blue-greenish eyes) as an additional hair color option when we got our black hair option back in 2014... even so, we already got hair dye like two months ago so trading the black hair option in for 'dark skintone options' are pretty much irrelevant... and I feel like the skintones are something that should be shared by all three races. I just feel like this is one of those stupid attempts to try and shut almost everyone wanting dark skintones for elves down... Maybe you guys can get our Salmon Pink and one of those pastel green hair colors to make it up for us getting dark skintones though. ;)

    Heck, if it was up to me, I'd make it so all three races get all the hair, eye, and skin color options so there'd be no complaint but getting elves to finally have the dark skintones is our main focus right now for this thread... they could just like... copy-paste the skin options humans have and slap it onto elves... very simple situation too.

    Anyway... I see someone else who voted 'No' thus making it six votes so far and I am really curious on their reasoning for voting no because as of right now, I can't really think of anything to be against elves getting dark skintones other than just to troll us.

    Why would elves have to trade anything in order to get something that the other two races already had from the get go? :/

    And whaaaaa??? Why are people actually voting "no" on this????? It makes no sense?? They HAVE to be trolling. Isn't having more options better? It's freedom to have options, lots of options. Why would you ever say no to more options?? Options are amazing; never enough options.
    ZeoSherriSaerrin
  • StoliasStolias
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,965
    Posts: 106
    Member
    Yes, please let elves select all the same color tones as the other two races.
    ZeoSherriSaerrinKaiwyth
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,035
    Posts: 887
    Member
    Would it kill them just to copy and paste every hair, skin and eye color to every race? It's not rocket science. It's not costly. It's not hurting the "lore" any much more than scooters and food carts. Just let elves be black! :U
    ZeoTaffytaDanievictriakapapaSherri
  • TimmekanTimmekan
    Mabinogi Rep: 655
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited June 21, 2017
    Considering they're desert elves, maybe some tan or darker skin comes into play somewhere unless they have top tier sunblock.
    If they were forest elves, sure, pale elves.
    ZeokapapaSherriSaerrin
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,000
    Posts: 521
    Member
    Timmekan wrote: »
    Considering they're desert elves, maybe some tan or darker skin comes into play somewhere unless they have top tier sunblock.
    If they were forest elves, sure, pale elves.

    I mean... to be fair, people who were living in Courcle (which is a forest) were pretty dark in term of skintones.

    But thank you for your support along with @Xiokun and @Stolias! :)
  • HishokuHishoku
    Mabinogi Rep: 350
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Hey guys, I know this thread is mainly addressing the lack of darker skin tones for elves, but could we expand this further to getting even more varied skin tones in general. I fall somewhere between the really dark, and coffee tones so I switch between the two never really being comfortable with either, and bronze is too rich compared to my irl tone. That being said even as a human player I'd support more skin tones for elves and if possible more inbetween tones for all races.
    ZeoTaffytaDanievictriaSherriKedarui
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,000
    Posts: 521
    Member
    Hishoku wrote: »
    Hey guys, I know this thread is mainly addressing the lack of darker skin tones for elves, but could we expand this further to getting even more varied skin tones in general. I fall somewhere between the really dark, and coffee tones so I switch between the two never really being comfortable with either, and bronze is too rich compared to my irl tone. That being said even as a human player I'd support more skin tones for elves and if possible more inbetween tones for all races.

    Yes I like the idea and it would be wonderful to have more options of skintones available as long as all three races can use those options.

    Lemme post one art I got from my guildmate like two days ago.

    JJwUho3.jpg

    As you can see... in this art, Zeo have a skintone that is bit more dark than the darkest skintone (for humans and giants) available in game... so I do think it'd be nice to have more variety of skin options for all three races to pick from too, including the one that is bit darker than our darkest skintone available as well.
    DanievictriaDANNYdaniSherri
  • TaffytaTaffyta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,620
    Posts: 34
    Member
    I'm also in between two of the brown skintones, so I just picked the very darkest option even though it doesn't match me at all lol. It would also be nice to have more options in general. (or gasp a sliiiider/colour picker but that's never gonna happen)
    ZeoDanievictriaSherriKaiwyth
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,890
    Posts: 786
    Member
    Hishoku wrote: »
    Hey guys, I know this thread is mainly addressing the lack of darker skin tones for elves, but could we expand this further to getting even more varied skin tones in general. I fall somewhere between the really dark, and coffee tones so I switch between the two never really being comfortable with either, and bronze is too rich compared to my irl tone. That being said even as a human player I'd support more skin tones for elves and if possible more inbetween tones for all races.

    Why not? The more options the better! Never enough options! ALL THE SKIN TONES!! <3 Every tone possible! We have quite a number of natural skin tones (I'm not talking bright purple bat crown) that need to be there in character creation. I just don't understand why they aren't already. How hard could it be to put up more colors??

    They can re-skin pet pixels just fine with different colors. :/ Heck we even have dyes for pet colors, like those direct dyes where we can pick any number of colors from an entire RAINBOW (so many colors, it made my head spin the first time I used it and tried to get a specific shade of green for my Tuan xD)

    Not that I'm advocating for skin dyes (although that is one solution if they can no longer edit the character menu for whatever reason); I'm just pointing out that we seem to have more options for our pets to have whatever skin tone/fur color we want. (In the case of the foodcart, wood color lololol)
    ZeoSherriKedarui
  • IzzyKuroNekoIzzyKuroNeko
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,415
    Posts: 46
    Member
    Everyone deserves to be able to go black and never go back.
    ZeoGretaBlissfulkillDanievictriakapapaSherriKaiwythvioletkitt
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,000
    Posts: 521
    Member
    Everyone deserves to be able to go black and never go back.

    omg 10/10 best comment right there!
    IzzyKuroNeko
  • BakujioBakujio
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Posts: 13
    Member
    It's a shame really that seeing how customizeable Mabi has become with all these hairs, wings, clothing, the only thing limited for elves is skin tone. It would be nice to not have to wear this pumpkin crown for my elf on a daily bases for a legit basic free selection a giant and human can pick. I know it's lore based and all, but even so it just shows who really gets the short stick in not only stats, but customize skin tones compared to other species.
    ZeoDanievictriaSherri
This discussion has been closed.