Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Music Gone Again?

LeineiLeinei
Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
edited May 17, 2017 in Technical Support
Anyone else having the issue of the music being gone again?

Comments

• ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited May 17, 2017
    yes, the files in the mp3 folder are deleted again.
    jmgaxdj.png
    The folder should contain 383 files and about 1 gb in size
    301b24Z.png

A quick fix is to repair your installation though the nexon launcher. It will just redownload your music files.
    Do not launch the game. Make a back up of the mp3 folder and store it somewhere.
    Launch the game and replace the mp3 folder with the back up you made.
    You will have to do this every time you relaunch or you can change the read/write permissions of the folder so you dont have to keep repeating the steps above.
    (until they fix it on their end)
  • LeineiLeinei
    @Saygo Hey, the music is gone again!
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Leinei wrote: »
    @Saygo Hey, the music is gone again!

Also nevermind, just repair your installation. Your music files should stay.
  • SaygoSaygo
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
    Hi everyone! Looks like there is a similar issue with music. Similar... and yet... different.

ROan2011 is correct just repair your installation. Should fix it up.

When Mabi is not running. Hit the Gear Button
    0ql0bHO.png

Then hit Repair Installation
    FCRm7hO.png

You should install a small patch and then you should be good to go. We will continue to look into this issue and see if we can come up with a better fix
    559.gif
    thumbs up!
    VimiBravelatios
  • LeineiLeinei
    tumblr_nytuwb6wUy1ukydivo1_540.gif

Thank you, Saygo!
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited May 17, 2017
    They're missing on steam too. Trying to hit the "verify integrity" button to see what happens.

Edit: Steam claims 335 files missing. Crazy.
    Vimi
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    The last time this happened, I took it upon myself to copy all the mp3s into another folder. I just copied them back. :/
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    edited May 17, 2017
    Yay for having a backup and 2nd backup folder of the mp3 files for this reason.

-Edit-
    It seems to of only happen on my steam client, just updated my nexon launcher client and the mp3's are still intact as they were before the update.