Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Homestead Candy Bonanza

Comments

• RaynicRaynic
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    No candy bait? Aww, that was the part I was most excited about. Even cleaned out my inventory for it. (Nexxon made me clean! *cries*)
    Any chance for it or similar in the future? What do you think?
  • HeartsyHeartsy
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Okay so I talked to joe and got the candy tree seed or plant thing..... but there is no way to "Use" it. I can't plant it please HELP!!! QQ
  • LillAngelLillAngel
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    Heartsy wrote: »
    Okay so I talked to joe and got the candy tree seed or plant thing..... but there is no way to "Use" it. I can't plant it please HELP!!! QQ

You have to "build" it, like you do other items on your homestead. So click on the build icon then select the tree.
  • MiidoriisourMiidoriisour
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    For future reference the small candy tree has to be in your inventory to make the medium candy tree. I just spent fifteen minutes trying to figure out why I kept getting the"not enough materials" pop up. ^.^u
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    There's a bug where if you have the large and medium candy tree, you can't place the small one.
    17702ceff10c44c2a39439f8171736a8.pnga66ca16e10514a81963591b95dd74e94.png

• PrezzixPrezzix
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,290
    I can't use another candy tree seed, is it because I already have one from the previous time?
  • LillAngelLillAngel
    There's a bug where if you have the large and medium candy tree, you can't place the small one.

Wish i had this problem. I wasn't around last time the event ran, and i've only upgraded my small to medium. Hoping i'll have good luck getting the items i need to upgrade to large and another seedling to get another small to upgrade, but i won't hold my breath...good luck is usually not on my side. :)
  • ClaecClaec
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    So I seem to be really bad at figuring these things out. I harvest my candy jars, painted my tree, waited for 7AM so I could do it again, and I'm still getting the "can't get anymore from this tree" message. Do I have the reset time wrong? Cause the announcement page says it's 7AM. Or am I supposed to do something different, plant a new tree, some other sorcery I'm unaware of? I don't want to just uproot my tree, especially when I don't know how to get anymore seeds.
  • LillAngelLillAngel
    Gotta love when this happens :)
    http://imgur.com/KiZIzl4
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    There are unsynchronized reset times in this event. The candy trees will reset at 12:00AM while the quest is reset at 7:00AM.
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    NOTE!!!

The camdy jar rewards list says that there are gold, yellow, red, and blue dyes!
    This is incorrect. These are actually paint!
    The only dyes are the ones for the candy tree and the dye ampoule with a 7 day expiration.

bruh.. someone really needs to check translations
    this kind of thing happens too often
    4FDQJEn.jpg
    Sphyra21
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    edited May 19, 2017
    Prezzix wrote: »
    I can't use another candy tree seed, is it because I already have one from the previous time?
    If you have a candy tree from a previous time and it's still small, then you'll need to use that tree to build the medium candy tree, which will allow you to use the candy tree seed given from this event. If it's already a medium or large, then you shouldn't have any problems placing the new tree.

Claec wrote: »
    So I seem to be really bad at figuring these things out. I harvest my candy jars, painted my tree, waited for 7AM so I could do it again, and I'm still getting the "can't get anymore from this tree" message. Do I have the reset time wrong? Cause the announcement page says it's 7AM. Or am I supposed to do something different, plant a new tree, some other sorcery I'm unaware of? I don't want to just uproot my tree, especially when I don't know how to get anymore seeds.
    Make sure you complete the quest after you paint the tree 10 times, then relog or change channels to get the new quest to be able to paint your tree again after the 7AM reset.
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Question: Are we also no longer able to have one of each candy tree in our homestead? One small, one medium, one large? I notice after making the medium tree, I am unable to get a new seed to re-plant another small one. I tried using all dialogue options with Joe and he won't give another, and there doesn't seem to be any quest to get a new one. Or am I doing something wrong?
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    edited May 19, 2017
    17702ceff10c44c2a39439f8171736a8.pnga66ca16e10514a81963591b95dd74e94.png

Not a bug, the seed is a material not a prop. Please see the following quote:
    LillAngel wrote: »
    Heartsy wrote: »

You have to "build" it, like you do other items on your homestead. So click on the build icon then select the tree.
    ~~~~~~~~
    Claec wrote: »

The tree resets at midnight Pacific time, the quests reset at 7am, so if you fully harvested your tree after midnight pdt and prior to the event reset, (and used your candy dye amps) you will have to wait until after midnight to harvest the tree again.

You can however uproot the tree and use that seed to make a larger tree (medium or large) the new tree will allow you to harvest it that day.

~~~~~~~~
    Aeolys wrote: »
    There are unsynchronized reset times in this event. The candy trees will reset at 12:00AM while the quest is reset at 7:00AM.

Yea all homestead props reset at midnight, the trees are no exception.
    ~~~~~~~~
    LillAngel wrote: »

Wish i had this problem. I wasn't around last time the event ran, and i've only upgraded my small to medium. Hoping i'll have good luck getting the items i need to upgrade to large and another seedling to get another small to upgrade, but i won't hold my breath...good luck is usually not on my side. :)

You cannot can only buy more candy trees with pon or wait to get another when the event comes back. The event doesn't give you a chance of getting more seeds.

on that note...
    Fweep wrote: »
    Question: Are we also no longer able to have one of each candy tree in our homestead? One small, one medium, one large? I notice after making the medium tree, I am unable to get a new seed to re-plant another small one. I tried using all dialogue options with Joe and he won't give another, and there doesn't seem to be any quest to get a new one. Or am I doing something wrong?

Joe only gives you 1 seed. Players can buy extra trees with pon, however a player is limited to 1 large, 1 medium, and 1 small tree.
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    Dealer wrote: »
    Joe only gives you 1 seed. Players can buy extra trees with pon, however a player is limited to 1 large, 1 medium, and 1 small tree.
    I knew I was probably missing something. For some reason, I was under the impression that Joe gave you extra seeds after you upgraded. It's been so long since the last event that the smaller parts like this were hard to remember. Thanks for clarifying!
  • MeaveMeave
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Ok Caravan Joe said he had candy bait for us too.
    -checks CJ's shop then Walter's Shop-
    nope no bait, and I did look under the event tab :P

I have the same problem no candy bait anywhere
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    They purposely did not include the fishing event @Meave.

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited May 20, 2017
    "There's no Candy Tree to paint!"

?!?!?
    I harvested my tree and it won't let me paint it.
    I tried upgrading it to a Medium tree, still won't let me paint it.
    I removed it and placed it, still won't work.
    Left and returned to HS.. still won't work!!! >:(

EDIT: I did use the remaining dyes I had yesterday after completing the quest because, well.. why not? I didn't need them.
    Plus the quest never did state that this would happen.

Well, guess I'm not getting my ticket today. I'm TWO days behind now. >:(
    EDIT 2:
    Relogged and got the quest, used the dye and got the coupon..
    What IS this glitchiness?!
    Also the fact where I went to RB, changed my mind and the game still thought I RB'd..
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Sherri wrote: »
    "There's no Candy Tree to paint!"

?!?!?
    I harvested my tree and it won't let me paint it.
    I tried upgrading it to a Medium tree, still won't let me paint it.
    I removed it and placed it, still won't work.
    Left and returned to HS.. still won't work!!! >:(

EDIT: I did use the remaining dyes I had yesterday after completing the quest because, well.. why not? I didn't need them.
    Plus the quest never did state that this would happen.

Well, guess I'm not getting my ticket today. I'm TWO days behind now. >:(
    EDIT 2:
    Relogged and got the quest, used the dye and got the coupon..
    What IS this glitchiness?!
    Also the fact where I went to RB, changed my mind and the game still thought I RB'd..

There is no physical tree to dye. You just have to use the candy dye ampoule by right clicking on said item and hitting "use". You need to use ten per day to complete the daily quest.
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    should make a disclaimer for no candy bait