Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

AP Skill Training and Pet Bookmarking

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
edited May 17, 2017 in Vault
Mabinogi's latest update is here to reduce the grind and make your pets even easier to use! Skip the annoying training and get your skills powered up faster with AP Skill Training and better organize your pets with an improved Pet interface!
00J4p-c24ba809-3d06-488c-bd9b-fc2403bde5d6.png

AP Skill Training

Have more AP than you know what to do with, but your skills just aren't as strong as you'd like? Use AP Skill Training to skip the grind and accellerate your Skill Training to maximum speed!
  • Spend AP to increase a Skill's Training Proficiency, speeding up the time it takes to rank up a skill
  • Skill's Training Proficiency must be at least 30/100 to use AP Skill Training
  • Skill Train from the Skill Menu
  • Can be used on all skills, except for the following:
    -Paladin
    -Dark Knight
    -Falcon
    -Beast
    -Demigod
    -Palalan Embrace
    -Shine of Eweca
    -Breath of Ladeca
    -Vision of Ladeca
    -Might of Ladeca
    -Spirit Awakening
    -Shield of Trust
    -Celestial Spike
    -Divine Link
    -Judgment Blade

00J4p-f6240114-76d0-43c0-86b8-0f0ea9018737.png

Training EXP Boost

You have a reason to hold off on your Rebirths just a bit longer now with a special boost to Training your active skills! The higher level your character gets, the more Training EXP you'll get as you train your Active Skill, up to double EXP at level 200!
  • Level 1 - 99: No change
  • Level 100 - 109: +50% Training EXP
  • Level 110 - 119: +55% Training EXP
  • Level 120 - 129: +60% Training EXP
  • Level 130 - 139: +65% Training EXP
  • Level 140 - 149: +70% Training EXP
  • Level 150 - 159: +75% Training EXP
  • Level 160 - 169: +80% Training EXP
  • Level 170 - 179: +85% Training EXP
  • Level 180 - 189: +90% Training EXP
  • Level 190 - 199: +95% Training EXP
  • Level 200: +100% Training EXP

You can find your current Training EXP bonuses at the bottom of the Skill window.

Pet Bookmarking

Between Dragons, Scooters, Clouds, Wolves, Fauns, Bone Dragons and even the occasional Horse, the Pet menu can become a bit of a mess for the dedicated Pet Collector. We've improved the menu to let you sort and bookmark your pets, making it easier to find the cuddly buddy you want!

Known Issue: When creating a new Pet tab, you will be unable to use the delete button to remove individual characters. You can still delete the whole tab name via ctrl-A and delete. This will be fixed in an upcoming update.

00J4p-d28b0fb5-1154-41e1-8bb7-9c03585c9e9e.png
KingEphy

Comments

• JackReaper96JackReaper96
    Mabinogi Rep: 220
    edited May 17, 2017
    I'm not sure about everyone els, but i don't approve of the ap training!!
    This ap training makes it way too easy...
    i think the game is better off without it ;-;
    GretaNegumiko
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited May 18, 2017
    People are going to quit because of this ap system.

Nexon, do you remember the weekly rebirth update? Half of the population literally quit overnight. Think about it, people have worked hard on their characters, now everything can get done in 5 minutes.

Common sense dictates that losing more players to EZ-mode accessibility is a bad choice, so quit pandering to the private server crowd.
    JackReaper96GretaShadoeDani3lAlchemistjk
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited May 18, 2017
    Can someone explain how the pet bookmarking works?, i can't find a way to add pets on a new tab and ctrl A + Del do nothing at all.
    update: i found it, on the main pet tab go to the "Favorites" button, you can assign pets there and delete tabs.
    Froglord wrote: »
    do you remember the weekly rebirth update? Half of the population literally quit overnight.
    No, it didn't, the population actually increased after that a lot.
    Raincloud95
  • MeaveMeave
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    I have a question about the AP training
    How come even though the training thingy is lit up on some of my skills it will not let me AP train them?
    dragonna
  • HeartsyHeartsy
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Is anyone else having trouble with the pet bookmark?

I set all the new tabs and one by one added each pet to where I wanted them... Then I log back in just now and all that work has poofed. It didn't stick even though I had them all saved. What gives???????

Also having issues with stamp event :/ so I guess these new things are just bs. What a waste.
  • AurkusAurkus
    Mabinogi Rep: 700
    Meave wrote: »
    How come even though the training thingy is lit up on some of my skills it will not let me AP train them?

You need 30 points earned on that skill, however you don't actually need to train you can use skill seals to hit 30 then just ap the way to 100
  • EllieYEllieY
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Question: When you use AP for AP Training & you use an All Skill Reset Capsule afterwards, does the AP you used towards Training get Refunded?

(Probably not, but its worth the question and testing)
  • MeaveMeave
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    edited May 18, 2017
    Aurkus wrote: »

You need 30 points earned on that skill, however you don't actually need to train you can use skill seals to hit 30 then just ap the way to 100

The points are there the thing is highlighted, but when I go to click on it I cannot use AP to raise the skill
    they are all over 30 points, and only 3 of them are like that. Cooking, Wine making and Artifact exploration. Might be a glitch\
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115
    So... what is the math on the AP training? Is it 1 ap for a point of training? Or is it like Brionac Training where it costs differs between skills?
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    The UI is far too empty, and I don't see how the tabs actually work. Seems like a worthless update without much actual thought.
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited May 18, 2017
    Pannya wrote: »
    Can someone explain how the pet bookmarking works?, i can't find a way to add pets on a new tab and ctrl A + Del do nothing at all.
    update: i found it, on the main pet tab go to the "Favorites" button, you can assign pets there and delete tabs.
    do you remember the weekly rebirth update? Half of the population literally quit overnight.
    No, it didn't, the population actually increased after that a lot.

Me thinks you weren't around then, because the game was exceedingly active before the weekly rebirth update.

Ch 1 through to ch 7 on alexina was either busy or full all the time. After the update took place, all those who paid for their rebirths washed their hands of the game and flat out quit for good, which was approximately half the server who bothered to grind in the first place.

The same will happen with this update, people who took the time to grind their skills will feel betrayed and belittled. They will see no point in grinding anymore as you can simply gain levels, use a training seal or grind a little wee bit to make that 30% to dump like 5 ap into training the other 70% of the skill rank.

This system also makes for a bad incentive for future events. There will be no point to future events like torchlight bazaar, double rainbows, 2x skill training events, life skill based events that provide training bonuses, etc etc.

That's right, events have become utterly pointless in light of this system. This system is like taking a syringe full of sugar and corn starch and jabbing it into a diabetic. This system single-handedly made monthly events into obsolete dead content.

Greta
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Aurkus wrote: »

The points are there the thing is highlighted, but when I go to click on it I cannot use AP to raise the skill
    they are all over 30 points, and only 3 of them are like that. Cooking, Wine making and Artifact exploration. Might be a glitch\

Wine making is one of the most easiest skills in the game to r1. Don't waste AP training on it.
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited May 20, 2017
    Me thinks you weren't around then, because the game was exceedingly active before the weekly rebirth update.

Ch 1 through to ch 7 on alexina was either busy or full all the time. After the update took place, all those who paid for their rebirths washed their hands of the game and flat out quit for good, which was approximately half the server who bothered to grind in the first place.

The same will happen with this update, people who took the time to grind their skills will feel betrayed and belittled. They will see no point in grinding anymore as you can simply gain levels, use a training seal or grind a little wee bit to make that 30% to dump like 5 ap into training the other 70% of the skill rank.

This system also makes for a bad incentive for future events. There will be no point to future events like torchlight bazaar, double rainbows, 2x skill training events, life skill based events that provide training bonuses, etc etc.

That's right, events have become utterly pointless in light of this system. This system is like taking a syringe full of sugar and corn starch and jabbing it into a diabetic. This system single-handedly made monthly events into obsolete dead content.

Translation: salt salt salt salt and more salt, "i am the only one who deserves to enjoy this game, because i am an special butterfly".

:3
    Hiroki05Raincloud95
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Translation: salt salt salt salt and more salt, "i am the only one who deserves to enjoy this game, because i am an special butterfly".

Jesus, why so rude all of sudden? Calm down...
    Shadoe
  • AeolysAeolys
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,115

Thats odd, I recall paying-players rejoicing that they no longer need to pay for rebirths. If anything, it helps them out as much as the free-to-play people. It made Mabinogi more free-to-play friendly since you need to rebirth to gain more AP to rank up skills. You essentially cannot progress without rebirths in this game. Besides, paid people can still rebirth every week while free-to-play have to wait three weeks.
    Raincloud95
  • Raincloud95Raincloud95
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,830
    The only thing I don't really like is the fact that the "AP train" button is the same color as the "Level up" button.

I used to get excited when I saw the big green button on anything. Now I have to squint and scroll to see if any of them say Level and not AP train. Id like it if the AP train was a different color.

I'm probably not going to use this a loooot but i'll use it for really annoying training reqs. I don't want to use up all my AP. I just remember the old days without weekly rebirth. The AP famine, if you will. *shudders* Never again.
  • FroglordFroglord
    edited May 21, 2017

I am not speaking for myself, I would play this game anyways. So please learn some basic forms of reading comprehension instead of acting out like an angry Mari butterfly snowflake.

I honestly would rather not see a mass exodus of the community happen all over again because Devcat took a look at a private server and copy/pasted everything they did. That kind of thing ruins MMO's and invites a bad premise for future content and players.
    ShadoeAlchemistjk
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Heartsy wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble with the pet bookmark?

I set all the new tabs and one by one added each pet to where I wanted them... Then I log back in just now and all that work has poofed. It didn't stick even though I had them all saved. What gives???????

At first I thought this was happening to me, too... then I realised that after the update, pet sorting is tied to character instead of account.

Which means having to re-sort and recreate all pet tabs for every character you play on...

Pls nexon don't do this