Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Candy Tree Dye Ampoule used without quest

TechofAChibiTechofAChibi
Mabinogi Rep: 300
in Help
I was somehow able to harvest the Candy Tree before the quest was available, when I used the Dye Ampoule, it used the item and gave me a message that there was not a tree to be painted. When the quest was available I was not able to gather from the tree again.

I am not sure if this IS a bug or not, but it is rather infuriating.
Lack of screenshot due to circumstances

Comments

• DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    You can always harvest the tree, even when the event isn't on, however when the event isn't around the tree does not give candy jars.

The ampules could also always be use without the quest as well, however the past events wouldn't give you the ampules when you opened the jar without the quest.

So sadly I can't say this is a bug.
    However you have some options, if your tree is not the Large version yet, you can gather the materials and upgrade your tree, then harvest the new tree.

If it is a large tree already, then before the event reset tomorrow you can harvest the tree again (homestead props reset at midnight, event at 7am Pacific), make sure to only harvest the 5 you need, so you at least have 2 left for the next quest.

That would allow you to catch up if needed.
  • MentulusMentulus
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    I had the same problem -I harvested dyes and when I used the dyes, i got the "There is no Candy Tree to Dye" message...and a dye was consumed. Over 24 hours had passed since my last time on so I'm not sure what happened -The tree is still the small tree I first planted, is it supposed to grow? I'll try again in 24 hours...
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    Mentulus wrote: »
    I had the same problem -I harvested dyes and when I used the dyes, i got the "There is no Candy Tree to Dye" message...and a dye was consumed. Over 24 hours had passed since my last time on so I'm not sure what happened -The tree is still the small tree I first planted, is it supposed to grow? I'll try again in 24 hours...

No the tree does not grow on its own.
    You can use the tree to create a larger tree, which allows you to harvest it immediately.

To make the medium tree, just gather the materials listed; 10 homestead stones, 5 bottles of water and and the seed of the smaller tree. To get the seed of the smaller tree remove the small tree (note that this will be consumed when making a medium tree).

To make the large tree you will need the seed you get from removing the medium tree and bonanza lollipops.