Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Free-flowing hair

DiscomfortDiscomfort
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in Feedback and Suggestions
So my friend Daeke thought of this one--hairstyles in Mabi are static. They always stay in the same position, no matter what. They clip through clothes and weapons, and no matter the weather--wet, dry, hot, cold, or windy--hair in the game ALWAYS looks like someone used way too much hairspray. So her idea was to make hair in the game react to the weather like hair in real life. (I.E. It would get slightly darker in the rain and reflect a bit more because it's "wet," it would flow in the wind, it would have actual physics, etc.)
  1. Do you think hair in Mabi could be improved, functionality-wise?23 votes
    1. Yes! Let my hair flow magnificently in the wind!
       87% (20 votes)
    2. NO! I like looking like I used a gallon of hairspray!
       13% (3 votes)

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I am not even sure this is possible, especially on a large scale. Few outfits have this, and I can only think of the SAO gear. Vindictus has it because their engine is Source by Valve. The more realistic verson would seem to be additional hairstyles having this built in and be toggable.
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    With Mabi's current graphics, I dont think this would look nearly as appealing as one might think..
    GretaSherriHiroki05
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    With Mabi's current graphics, I dont think this would look nearly as appealing as one might think..

Or allow for much game stability.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    there are some transformations that have moving hair like Merrow or Tia transformation.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    This has been suggested before. Ultimately there are no physics in the game that would allow that because the game very old. However, hair can be animated and animations can be triggered during idle animations, running, walking, and perhaps combat. It would simulate the physics basically.
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    a simple Ncloth physics on the hair probably wouldn't be impossible and I think it'd be nice to have. But I highly doubt they'd implement such a thing when they can't even fix the problems that are already plaguing Mabi.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be so negative about this. orz
    I just suddenly felt like ranting a bit.

But yes this would be nice to have for sure ^^
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Negumiko wrote: »
    there are some transformations that have moving hair like Merrow or Tia transformation.

Not to mention that the Anju wig can move slightly. So it's very much so possible.

Tanuki_Ninja_Anju_Wig_Pose.gif
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited May 27, 2017
    You probably guys didn't notice that Eirlys have animation that include her hair having more realistic physics and such. I didn't notice that at first, but someone pointed that out months ago and now i kinda want to have something like this.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Full-on physics might be much but I could see animated hair. What I'd like is more clothing/hair animation for when you move or attack. The SAO outfits move when you run around and stuff which is pretty cool, they could apply something like that to clothes(probably only new clothes) and hairs.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Yes please! I can't have a certain hair/wig with a certain animated outfit because my hair goes right through my body.
    Auuugh, you have no idea how irritating that is. >_<
    Berryswirl
  • BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    Support.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Even just small steps to combat the clipping and such would be nice. Fully changing everything would be a bit much of course. Let them take some baby steps.