Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[FWD] Animations break every 5 minutes.

RRMRRM
Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
edited August 16, 2017 in Forwarded Bugs
Short Version: Every time the 5-minute update tick happens for characters, animations and poses twitch or break.
What happens: Player characters are re-rendered which resets animations and breaks poses (as poses won't resume).
What's supposed to happen: Player stats should update without forced re-rendering happening.

Long Version: Every 5 minutes in-game, characters get an update tick. This updates various "background" stats, but also affects things like weight (which is why your weight changes seem delayed after eating food). This is how the game works normally, however as of the last 2 patches or so, the update tick has additionally been causing characters to re-render. This causes their animations to twitch (as they reset), and breaks certain in-progress states such as flapping wings (as they stop but do not resume).

VuFZmRv.gif

Recreation: Log a character in, wait 5 minutes after you click the login button (your loading time does not matter, the timer is already going when you're loading the map), and at the 5 minute mark, any active animations (from outfits or wearable actions) will reset, causing characters to twitch and some of them to not resume properly (like wing flapping).

Server: Ruairi
IGN: RRM
Also: Literally everybody, you can watch it happen to random players.
HarukariGretaNamiriSherri

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I noticed the animations on the new wings gets stuck every so often.
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited June 30, 2017
    I'm not sure if this is because of the same thing or not but I read about this happening a few updates ago, too, where outfit animations weren't looping correctly but kinda start and stop instead. I haven't changed my outfit in a while and I did today and I noticed it's happening with my Friendly Scuba Wear. I hope they fix this soon :(

- ladyschrei of Tarlach
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Oh damn, good job figuring out that it's occurring at the 5 minute tick. I noticed it happening but didn't spot the pattern.
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    This was forwarded.
    Harukari
  • KotlinKotlin
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited September 13, 2017
    I think that I am also able to reproduce this issue with the Kitsune Ninja Hagi wig on a Giant. After the update tick, the wig is no longer rendered on top of the Giant's head and is rather rendered horizontally at some distance. This results in the Giant's head being only partially rendered. However, this issue may be entirely unrelated.

I created a separate bug report, however I have now figured out that this separate issue may be related to this one.

wyORES4.jpg

QRPBsTu.jpg

• KotlinKotlin
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited September 14, 2017
    @Hardmuscle ~ Thank you for that information. I updated my previous response and I will be shortly updating my bug report to indicate that these issues may be entirely unrelated.

Disabling the Windows Search Indexer did not resolve the issue. My machine has pretty high specs, so I don't think that it would be my machine, but I could be incorrect.