Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ap skill ranking shulda been Ap skill mastering.

Comments

• PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited June 3, 2017
    ok... 100k aps per master :-D
    Rhey wrote: »
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    -Crafted Guns vs. X-Grade Daella's from gacha are a joke.
    -Craft bars/Shuriken? The bonus max is laughable.
    -Remember awakened enchant from Alban? Fierce Accessories, Haunted Accessories, and awakened in gacha would like to talk to you
    -Rate of getting divine materials are a joke (and afk anyway)
    -Rate of Dungeon drops are a joke (Seriously 40+ AAHM with 8 keys and still no radiant thread or any good material...)
    -Remember the destruction robe? Still doesn't exist
    -Soluna blade? Still doesn't exist
    -Destruction SET? Still doesn't exist

The game needs things to run. Not just like 2 dungeons that are even borderline relevant. I'm all for the updates we've gotten lately, but what hasn't changed is what we can do with all these abilities. We have a giant update coming that's only going to make players even stronger...but why? Momento dungeon looks alright but...like content? We need a content overhaul to the extend that g9/g10 did. So many new missions that we can do.

Pretty much.

Also heeey Joey~! Ur still around. Kewl.

83801651.gif

btw, am i the only one who thinks that fairy is scary? xD
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    If there is any reason any powerful players still run Shadow Missions together, it is because they feel lonely or do not have an Elite pass. :(

Or it culd be to help others...Vet's are nice too u know. :(

I wouldn't call myself a veteran, but whenever I use an elite pass, I try to have a full party. Gives however many other players a share of the rewards and it might even help you find a rare drop. You're more likely to find good stuff from 6 chests than 1.
    Greta
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Sylek wrote: »

I wouldn't call myself a veteran, but whenever I use an elite pass, I try to have a full party. Gives however many other players a share of the rewards and it might even help you find a rare drop. You're more likely to find good stuff from 6 chests than 1.

2humble4me.
    Tsunabow.gif~c200
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Pannya wrote: »
    ok... 100k aps per master :-D
    JoeyDee9 wrote: »
    -Crafted Guns vs. X-Grade Daella's from gacha are a joke.
    -Craft bars/Shuriken? The bonus max is laughable.
    -Remember awakened enchant from Alban? Fierce Accessories, Haunted Accessories, and awakened in gacha would like to talk to you
    -Rate of getting divine materials are a joke (and afk anyway)
    -Rate of Dungeon drops are a joke (Seriously 40+ AAHM with 8 keys and still no radiant thread or any good material...)
    -Remember the destruction robe? Still doesn't exist
    -Soluna blade? Still doesn't exist
    -Destruction SET? Still doesn't exist

The game needs things to run. Not just like 2 dungeons that are even borderline relevant. I'm all for the updates we've gotten lately, but what hasn't changed is what we can do with all these abilities. We have a giant update coming that's only going to make players even stronger...but why? Momento dungeon looks alright but...like content? We need a content overhaul to the extend that g9/g10 did. So many new missions that we can do.

Pretty much.

Also heeey Joey~! Ur still around. Kewl.

83801651.gif

btw, am i the only one who thinks that fairy is scary? xD

Yeah, he does look like the "I want to eat your soul" variety. =D
  • SylekSylek
    Sylek wrote: »

2humble4me.
    Tsunabow.gif~c200

My total level is short of 7k, I've mastered 3 talents, and the best equipment to my name is probably my Celtic Guard Staff and RKA.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited June 4, 2017
    We should have an "AP Training Efficiency" skill, where ranking it up makes AP training spend less AP on training skills through the AP training function.. At any point, if you decided to rank AP Training Efficiency with the AP training function, you get the title "The Dumbass" and the achievement "Really?"

The Dumbass:

-200 Int.

Description:........

We could also call the title " Not As Think As I Drunk You Are"
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    For me, AP training has been a godsend for Windmill, since I started training it relatively late and would have gone insane training normally. It's super useful for capping off those last few experience points before you reach the minimum for rank up...and with a CP linked skill with mechanics as finicky as Windmill's, it's a huge help. Also, you can't AP train to get the 100% training at R1 on a skill. I have Production Mastery at R1 on a knock-around alt I made, and the AP train option disappears after you hit R1. Plus, you can't cheese every listed requirement with AP. There are ones that are permanently grayed out.

I can understand how it could feel like a kick in the butt for people who did all of the hard grinding, though...especially if they neglected Windmill until cumulative level 800 and had to pull all kinds of tricks (weakening enchants, super-hard shadow missions, exotic potions and lotions...) to get to R1 anyway. It's the feeling of, "I had to grind for 3 days to get halfway between R9 and R8 in this evil skill spamming 'Their Method' with my limited computer time, barely clinging to my sanity--and to this day I STILL can't look at a zombie without getting a migraine--and this noob can get 30 points in this skill and rank up in 1/3 the time?! CURSE YOU NEXON!!!" Almost like now people get an unfair cheat. However, AP training is sort of a strategic thing too for newer players. It's like, "Can I spare this AP for this skill? How much AP am I willing to trade for the convenience of shortening my grinding time? Will I need this AP for another skillset or to rank up that more expensive and essential skill, or do I have extra to throw around right now?" A player who frivolously spends their AP to speed up skill training can paint themselves into a corner really quickly (I mean, just think of how ranking up every skill as soon as it popped drained you in your early days! ^_^), so along with the other restrictions and requirements, it's not quite as much of a cheat as it first seems. You still need to be smart and somewhat experienced to get the most out of it...and you still have to grind for that AP and the first 30 skill exp too...with those decreasing fractions of an experience point every level...(I see you smirking a little now...)

So, while AP training makes things a little easier, it still takes effort and smarts to use it well.
  • RheyRhey
    For me, AP training has been a godsend for Windmill, since I started training it relatively late and would have gone insane training normally. It's super useful for capping off those last few experience points before you reach the minimum for rank up...and with a CP linked skill with mechanics as finicky as Windmill's, it's a huge help. Also, you can't AP train to get the 100% training at R1 on a skill. I have Production Mastery at R1 on a knock-around alt I made, and the AP train option disappears after you hit R1. Plus, you can't cheese every listed requirement with AP. There are ones that are permanently grayed out.

I can understand how it could feel like a kick in the butt for people who did all of the hard grinding, though...especially if they neglected Windmill until cumulative level 800 and had to pull all kinds of tricks (weakening enchants, super-hard shadow missions, exotic potions and lotions...) to get to R1 anyway. It's the feeling of, "I had to grind for 3 days to get halfway between R9 and R8 in this evil skill spamming 'Their Method' with my limited computer time, barely clinging to my sanity--and to this day I STILL can't look at a zombie without getting a migraine--and this noob can get 30 points in this skill and rank up in 1/3 the time?! CURSE YOU NEXON!!!" Almost like now people get an unfair cheat. However, AP training is sort of a strategic thing too for newer players. It's like, "Can I spare this AP for this skill? How much AP am I willing to trade for the convenience of shortening my grinding time? Will I need this AP for another skillset or to rank up that more expensive and essential skill, or do I have extra to throw around right now?" A player who frivolously spends their AP to speed up skill training can paint themselves into a corner really quickly (I mean, just think of how ranking up every skill as soon as it popped drained you in your early days! ^_^), so along with the other restrictions and requirements, it's not quite as much of a cheat as it first seems. You still need to be smart and somewhat experienced to get the most out of it...and you still have to grind for that AP and the first 30 skill exp too...with those decreasing fractions of an experience point every level...(I see you smirking a little now...)

So, while AP training makes things a little easier, it still takes effort and smarts to use it well.

Back in those days...

There used to be a time when r1 wm was an entry req into guilds and party runs. And elitists and hardcore players would give u the disgust stares if u work on anything else b4 capping it. I had 2 lie about my wm rank just to maintain good standing back in my dayz. U can even lose friends over it if it comes to light U cause a run to fail cuz U not r1 wm...

tumblr_nq87h3tcV21uxku6jo1_400.gif

/flashback
    DanievictriaCrimsọnImaizumiZeo
  • SylekSylek
    edited June 6, 2017

Back in those days...

There used to be a time when r1 wm was an entry req into guilds and party runs. And elitists and hardcore players would give u the disgust stares if u work on anything else b4 capping it. I had 2 lie about my wm rank just to maintain good standing back in my dayz. U can even lose friends over it if it comes to light U cause a run to fail cuz U not r1 wm...

/flashback

Warrior and Sage (Mage + Cleric) are the talents I mastered. My wm is R2. And I think that's just because of the AP training. Getting that to R1? Good lord... And that was a requirement for some stuff on Mari? I don't know if it was a requirement on Alexina, but good lord I hope it never is again.
    Also, I am definitely using this and Brionac and probably training seals to train my magic craft. I hate that skill so much. Tried to do some training and it was such a grind... (I'm R7). If any of you are R1 in that skill and you didn't use any of those 3, you are a god of patience and deserve to be worshipped.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175

Back in those days...

/flashback

I remember those days! I spent...god knows how many days in Tir (another world) with the zombies at the grave yard. I basically had to switch my brain off and go auto pilot. Hell is repetition, and wm was the center of hell.
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120

Man, I didn't even start training ANY of the close combat skills until the quintuple digits.

So much time was spent finding and creating -CP gear, and I don't think it's actually possible for me to master Enthralling Performance at this point.

I'd love it if we could spend AP on Rank 1 skills, just make it need at least 100+ points training first or something...or make it really expensive. That'd prevent abuse on the production skills at least, I think...
  • RheyRhey
    Emeris wrote: »

Man, I didn't even start training ANY of the close combat skills until the quintuple digits.

So much time was spent finding and creating -CP gear, and I don't think it's actually possible for me to master Enthralling Performance at this point.

I'd love it if we could spend AP on Rank 1 skills, just make it need at least 100+ points training first or something...or make it really expensive. That'd prevent abuse on the production skills at least, I think...

Crafting at this point is rarely used. Idk about trying to deter abuse. It's just a title. ^_^;;
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595

Crafting at this point is rarely used. Idk about trying to deter abuse. It's just a title. ^_^;;

But the 20 mil CRKS
  • RheyRhey
    edited June 8, 2017
    Opalthira wrote: »

But the 20 mil CRKS

It'll be devalued by its gacha vers eventual release anyways. Knowing Nexon it might even come pre-r1 reforged+endgame enchanted~ In due time.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I honestly don't think they would do that
    It would just cause way too much outrage. Mostly because thats gonna be the "main endgame" till the next best thing comes out.
    And that next best thing isn't gonna be Memento.