Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merges

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited June 1, 2017
    Server merge really wouldn't help imo. Sure, it'd help for a little while, but people will get bored and continue playing afknogi, OR not get on at all.
    Especially when we keep getting events no one is interested in, and the releasing of HORRIBLE gachapons.

Spark an interest that will keep us coming back. AFK events, or events that people get bored of a few days later and these stupid gachapons are not helping the population of any servers.

There ARE people on all the servers, They just don't want to bother getting on the game in the first place, cause no motivation, lack of interest.. etc
    I sure as hell don't want to be bothered to get on, only reason I'm getting on is to do the daily stamp event.
    badnewsbarrettXiokunGakkuriaquaFweep
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited June 1, 2017
    Gaea's hatred towards Alexina server is so funny lol. Why so jealous?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »

Because people keep directing new players over to that server which makes other server populations worse? Yeah.
    badnewsbarrettvioletkittKageitoHiroki05VioletBoy
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »

Because people keep directing new players over to that server which makes other server populations worse? Yeah.

Only because of that? People only being honest there.
  • NamiriNamiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,700
    edited June 1, 2017
    Harukari wrote: »
    Server merge really wouldn't help imo. Sure, it'd help for a little while, but people will get bored and continue playing afknogi, OR not get on at all.

Well it would at least help bring together more people who are actually active and don't just AFK all the time.
    Harukari wrote: »
    Especially when we keep getting events no one is interested in, and the releasing of HORRIBLE gachapons. Spark an interest that will keep us coming back. AFK events, or events that people get bored of a few days later and these stupid gachapons are not helping the population of any servers.

There ARE people on all the servers, They just don't want to bother getting on the game in the first place, cause no motivation, lack of interest.. etc
    I sure as hell don't want to be bothered to get on, only reason I'm getting on is to do the daily stamp event.

Well blame gachas all you want but Nexon isn't going to stop making more anytime soon. Since it's their best money maker for this game. Anyone that has been playing the game for a great number of years would be able to tell that much. So there's always going to be that crowd that does nothing but AFK and play for Fashionogi.

Meanwhile as for events they can be pretty lame yeah. But just like gachapons lame events have kind of been the standard for years now too. It's quite rare to ever see a single event that isn't an AFK event. But honestly I've played MMORPGs with even lamer events such as FFXIV. Where the standard bland event is just fully cleared on the first day and then you never touch it again for the event duration.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited June 1, 2017
    Namiri wrote: »
    Well blame gachas all you want but Nexon isn't going to stop making more anytime soon. Since it's their best money maker for this game. Anyone that has been playing the game for a great number of years would be able to tell that much. So there's always going to be that crowd that does nothing but AFK and play for Fashionogi..

I know they are gonna continue making them. But the drop rates could really be improved even if by a little. So people don't spend 200$+ and get absolute garbage.
    Or release a drop rate % list for the players so they can decide if they want to try buying a couple or not.
    But I could see how that would ruin their money milking.
    GretaFweep
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited June 1, 2017
    Namiri wrote: »
    Well blame gachas all you want but Nexon isn't going to stop making more anytime soon. Since it's their best money maker for this game. Anyone that has been playing the game for a great number of years would be able to tell that much. So there's always going to be that crowd that does nothing but AFK and play for Fashionogi.

Meanwhile as for events they can be pretty lame yeah. But just like gachapons lame events have kind of been the standard for years now too. It's quite rare to ever see a single event that isn't an AFK event. But honestly I've played MMORPGs with even lamer events such as FFXIV. Where the standard bland event is just fully cleared on the first day and then you never touch it again for the event duration.

I think that's one of the problems, though, is that Nexon let these events become standard. And recently the prizes don't make up for it, either. The drop rates for good game prizes have become as bad as gacha rates.

I mean look at the candy tree event. Everyone wanted it to come back, and the only thing people have been getting are seeds. Which can be helpful for people leveling up their homesteads, sure, but what about everyone that wanted props like cherry trees or other things? Or wanted the fishing event. I haven't even been gathering all my jars anymore, and I get double with my butler. Just enough to get my coupon, do my stamp quest for the day, and then I get off.

In terms of an actual server merge, tbh I don't care either way anymore I think. I don't play with people much anyway. As long as I don't lose anything in the merge, and I'd like to be able to keep my pet names. (I know someone said in KR or something, people got their original server names above their usernames and guild names, or at the end or something, so there could be duplicates names? Something like that would be nice here.)
    FweepTwelie
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    As long as I keep everything, I'd say yes. Can't see it doing much though.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Only because of that? People only being honest there.

Well because of that, that's why we need a server merge. We can go in circles into eternity with that. :|
    XiokunHiroki05
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100

Well because of that, that's why we need a server merge. We can go in circles into eternity with that. :|

@Gaea
    She/he has a point. :v

See what we need is a big glittery sticker just for Mari. And this is exactly what I want it to say;
    "FREE BUFFALO WING-DINGS"

And people will be running in faster than demi-god on a 300% movement speed potion. :U
    WolfandWolf
  • RoytonRoyton
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited June 1, 2017
    Merge all but Alexina, cut down the channels in new server (I petition to call it Ferghus) and Alexina down to 3.
    There you go, a fresh trimmed beard.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 1, 2017
    Xiokun wrote: »

@Gaea

See what we need is a big glittery sticker just for Mari. And this is exactly what I want it to say;

And people will be running in faster than demi-god on a 300% movement speed potion. :U

Oh yeah?

mK8apyS.png
    -Gaea

-whispers, you can't resist the cheesesteak-

WolfandWolf
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Royton wrote: »
    Merge all but Alexina, cut down the channels in new server (I petition to call it Ferghus) and Alexina down to 3.

Limiting channels will fix nothing. A lot of the lag we get anymore is because channels are too full, and cramming Alexina down from 7 channels to 3 will make it 100% unplayable.
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Absolutely needed is just assumption on your part. Alexina do need more people. The fact is that there is 6 normal channel 24/7 unless there is gm event. Those channel need more people in them.
    That being said....
    Hey william :D
    -waves hand-

Yeah I guess there used to be two BUSY channels alongside channel 1 a few years ago, but it may very well be that the channel population thing being broken by marking channel 1 forever FULL might involve the other channels somehow. Or population dips, I dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    WolfandWolfGreta
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Well my 2 cents:
    1.) More people to sell/buy stuff.(+more gacha prems on the mart)
    2.) Actives can help each other and newbies moar easily.

On another note...
    Xiokun wrote: »

@Gaea

Oh yeah?

mK8apyS.png

Must...Resist...

tumblr_nb3w97WEIs1thn3fyo1_500.gif

P.S. Nexon can change ur IGN(+Pets) if its offensive. So names aren't set in stones and that hard to reset?
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Rhey wrote: »
    P.S. Nexon can change ur IGN(+Pets) if its offensive. So names aren't set in stones and that hard to reset?

Yes that's true and I imagine it's fairly easy to do that in small batches of maybe a dozen per maintenance (or however many names are reported anymore), but a merge could very well involve hundreds or thousands of duplicate names needing to changed at once. And what would they be changing names to should duplicates occur?
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited June 1, 2017
    Royton wrote: »

That name is just going to curse the new server lol. It'll break before it even opens.

I vote we call it Carasek. Because his theme song is made of awesomeness. Also it kind of matches with Alexina, in that he's a sailor while she's an explorer.

EDIT: Also, only 3 channels is too small. That's only going to cause lag and problems galore.
    Greta
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Rhey wrote: »

Yes that's true and I imagine it's fairly easy to do that in small batches of maybe a dozen per maintenance (or however many names are reported anymore), but a merge could very well involve hundreds or thousands of duplicate names needing to changed at once. And what would they be changing names to should duplicates occur?

I'd suggest issuing a numbered name with a NPC or Item that allows players to change their name when logged in. Or a similar algorithms.
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    Oh yeah?

mK8apyS.png

...You really know how to tempt a giant Gaea.
    giphy.gif
    WolfandWolf
  • GretaGreta
    edited June 2, 2017
    Seriously just because Alexina is "most populated server" it doesn't mean that you can leave it without any merging and even reduce channels to only 3. I would quit Mabinogi instantly if that would happen. 3 channels mean less raid rewards and less Lich sketching for exp, also less channels to hide from lag and stalkers.
    Oh and also forgot to mention, but since the start of 2017 i saw at least 10 players who did quit their mains in Ruairi or Mari to come start fresh in Alexina. It's not Alexina's fault that people go in this server, it's your own server problem that people decide to quit other servers because it's either too quiet or too much drama in there, etc. If newbie comes in asking "what's the most populated server?". What will you do? Lie? "Most populated server is Tarlach for sure" and poor newbie goes in there without realizing that it was a lie. People are being honest here for saying that the most lively server is Alexina here.
    NegumikoZeokapapa
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited June 2, 2017
    Seriously just because Alexina is "most populated server" it doesn't mean that you can leave it without any merging and even reduce channels to only 3. I would quit Mabinogi instantly if that would happen. 3 channels mean less raid rewards and less Lich sketching for exp, also less channels to hide from lag and stalkers.
    Oh and also forgot to mention, but since the start of 2017 i saw at least 10 players who did quit their mains in Ruairi or Mari to come start fresh in Alexina. It's not Alexina's fault that people go in this server, it's your own server problem that people decide to quit other servers because it's either too quiet or too much drama in there, etc. If newbie comes in asking "what's the most populated server?". What will you do? Lie? "Most populated server is Tarlach for sure" and poor newbie goes in there without realizing that it was a lie. People are being honest here for saying that the most lively server is Alexina here.

Well, maybe just...keep quiet? Or...lets all merge to your server (HA!)? The imbalance is inherent. So, what do YOU effing propose to fix it? Everyone is just going to keep going to Alexina. Do you see the effing problem here? The PROBLEM is they will NEVER do a server merge. So what is your solution Greta??? What about the rest of us????? :|