Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Magic Weapons Advice

MrazeMraze
Mabinogi Rep: 730
in Help
Hi!

I would like some advice regarding magic weapons. I've come back from a bit of a break and there's a few new wands around that I'm not sure are worth all the trouble for at the moment.

Currently I have a Savage Fire Wand (+4CC) to spam firebolt, or I would use my Savage Ice Wand to do some Ice Spear + Blaze combo. I have only just gotten Meteor Strike and looking forward to trying out some Lightning Rod in the future (using a Sin Staff for the advanced magic).

My questions are;
1. Is it worth switching from the Savage Fire Wand to an ego fire wand?
2. Would the Celtic Tribolt Wand replace the firewards stated in Q1?
3. If so, what would be the best upgrade path for a Tribolt Wand?
4. I do enjoy using the Ice Spear+Blaze combo, and since Tribolt Wand only gets 50% Blaze damage, is it worth keeping my Savage Ice Wand around?
5. What's the best staff currently? I really only equip my staff for the 1 Meteor Strike every now and then as well as playing with Hailstorm, is it worth to keep it around?
6. Apparently the Merlin Knuckles can cast all types of magic (with blaze 50% damage), is it worth going down that path so no staff is required?

My current equipment are nothing special, with useless reforges but they are all upgraded (with the ice wand being special upgraded). INT is only ~650 but trying to get that up ASAP.

Many thanks for reading and help!

Comments

• SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited June 1, 2017
    I can only attempt to answer question 5 and maybe 6.
    The best staves (to my knowledge) are the Celtic Druid and Celtic Guardian. Both get a bonus to magic attack on creation, but the difference is that Druid can get more of a boost, but Guardian can use party heal in addition to the other spells. Since you're asking about damages, I'd recommend the Druid staff between those two.

The difference between the Druid staff and Merlin Knuckles (and someone can correct me if I'm wrong) is that the Merlin Knucks will allow you to use fighter skills (good versatility there), but you'll miss out on the boosted magic attack the Druid has to offer. As well as you can find/make materials to create the Druid staff via magic craft. Merlin Knucks will require you to find a player who is selling them if you don't have them already.

If you have good fighter skills and want to be able to switch between fighter and mage without changing weapons, then Knuckles would be good. If you want to focus on mage only, then I'd recommend the Druid staff.
    Mraze