Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

New Gachapon...

Comments

• ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited June 25, 2017
    dra011 wrote: »

Also the whole i trained my skills the hard way so everyone has to mentality is asinine you train the skills the hard way they used pots different method same result not everyone wants to spam smokescreen for hours on end to get that 0.01 exp every hour plus there isn't a pot of every skill in the game so i don't see the problem here plus ninja pots are nice until we get/if we get that kr ninja update.

You're right. no one really WANTS to.... but a lot of people HAD TO because the pots didn't exist back then. Your logic is majorly flawed. they forced everyone to train them normally then like a year and a half later gave training pots to newer players like it's nothing. You think we don't have a right to be upset... and that's bull. I wouldn't be that upset if the training pots were kinda rare or expensive and people had to traain the skill at least halfway before using pots but NO. they can buy it from rank F to 1 for very cheap
    watercat0 wrote: »
    guys you can hate me for whatever sick reason you think but we all agree that nexon is milking everyone in NA/EU and will you allow it to continue? are you crazy or are you doing to do something about it.

if you want changes then you need to go get NA/EU to change their laws because until there's laws against it they're gonna keep doing what they want. Nothing we do or say will change anything
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    they do have money to keep funding mabinogi from other ways we don't know how but still they won't just kill mabinogi. they make you believe that mabinogi had problems which is correct, nexon CEO got fired and such but now its better. we should take advantage or get stuck in the same bad gotcha ways.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Arjune wrote: »

Also the whole i trained my skills the hard way so everyone has to mentality is asinine you train the skills the hard way they used pots different method same result not everyone wants to spam smokescreen for hours on end to get that 0.01 exp every hour plus there isn't a pot of every skill in the game so i don't see the problem here plus ninja pots are nice until we get/if we get that kr ninja update.

You're right. no one really WANTS to.... but a lot of people HAD TO because the pots didn't exist back then. Your logic is majorly flawed. they forced everyone to train them normally then like a year and a half later gave training pots to newer players like it's nothing. You think we don't have a right to be upset... and that's bull. I wouldn't be that upset if the training pots were kinda rare or expensive and people had to traain the skill at least halfway before using pots but NO. they can buy it from rank F to 1 for very cheap

One thing I am really glad for are enchant and synthesis pots. 1/4th of the game's goodies are tucked behind those two skills alone. I've had waaay more fun burning/enchanting/recycling stuff than I did when I had them at rF for over a good 4 years. :*
    And dorren request is a godsend when u have access to r1 synth.(4-8m xp per hr for just a good fireball for 5-10min every run)
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    edited June 25, 2017

[/quote]

I have played mabi for years i can understand how annoying it is to see these new players just buy pots to train skills however it is very shallow to think just because you "had to" they have to just because some old man had to walk up and down three mountains to school doesn't mean kids these days should have to when other means are available to them.

they didn't force you to train those skills in anyway you decided to you could have trained something else or left it for a later date (like i am doing with ninja)

you say you have a right to be upset but you honestly don't i trained puppets before training pots were a thing do you see me whining about how "unfair" it is no because i know training those skills without pots can be a slog and it's nice to have new players enjoy the game instead of complaining something is taking to long or is too hard to train and leaving the game like a lot of my friends and other players did back then.

And yes they are giving out training pots like they are nothing so? again not every skill in the game has a pot so some still need to be done normally and nothing is stopping you from buying them to.

• dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010

guys you can hate me for whatever sick reason you think but we all agree that nexon is milking everyone in NA/EU and will you allow it to continue? are you crazy or are you doing to do something about it.

if you want changes then you need to go get NA/EU to change their laws because until there's laws against it they're gonna keep doing what they want. Nothing we do or say will change anything

I have played mabi for years i can understand how annoying it is to see these new players just buy pots to train skills however it is very shallow to think just because you "had to" they have to just because some old man had to walk up and down three mountains to school doesn't mean kids these days should have to when other means are available to them.

they didn't force you to train those skills in anyway you decided to you could have trained something else or left it for a later date (like i am doing with ninja)

you say you have a right to be upset but you honestly don't i trained puppets before training pots were a thing do you see me whining about how "unfair" it is no because i know training those skills without pots can be a slog and it's nice to have new players enjoy the game instead of complaining something is taking to long or is too hard to train and leaving the game like a lot of my friends and other players did back then.

And yes they are giving out training pots like they are nothing so? again not every skill in the game has a pot so some still need to be done normally and nothing is stopping you from buying them to.
  • ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    Greta wrote: »
    Zeo wrote: »
    Emeris wrote: »
    Do any of the new wings flap or are they all static?
    I'm seeing conflicted reports on this, and I'd really like to know for sure...

They do flap, thankfully. :)

Even the large ones? :o

Yes, I have the Royal Sunlight Ceremony Wings (which is the very large one) and they do flap. I have the Mini Overcast Sunlight Wings and they flap as well. :)
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited June 25, 2017

that logic is even MORE flawed. "you didn't wait 2 years to train it when you could have so it's your fault" omg I'm done even talking to you. Didn't even finish reading the rest of your post after that.

just no
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    This is off topic but I have to put my two cents into here.

At first I was pretty salty seeing people just pot train ninja after the hours of dedication I put into ninja, but after a while I got over it because I knew damn well if I had the opportunity to use pots to train certain ranks of ninja, hell yeah I would have. Who wouldn't? But at the same time, for skills like blacksmithing and enchanting, I VERY WELL respect those who were dedicated with their skill and ranked it the only way they could; the old fashion way. Everyone should, even if you don't agree with them with certain opinions or topics, just as we should respect peoples decision using pots for skills now.

TL;DR:
    Chill. It's all good. :3
    (Even if that wasn't what you both were trying to get across, I felt I should let someone reading know.)

NOW THEN, THIS POST WAS ABOUT GACHAPON SO LET'S TALK ABOUT GACHAPON!! ITZIhVR.gif

It's pretty wonky. The end. :3
    Aeolysbadnewsbarrettpawcalypse
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    I'm leveling everything the old fashioned way i got expert in three talents today.
    The grind is basically none existant now and im only using 4xp instead of the 8xp the game trys to give you.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I too trained ninja the old fashioned way. But I'm not salty at all that there's pot 4 it now. I wouldn't want to go through that hell again on my elf and giant mains. At the very least, it's a good source of gold if nothing else.

/shrug
    BuffalosRadiant Dawn
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Rhey wrote: »
    I too trained ninja the old fashioned way. But I'm not salty at all that there's pot 4 it now. I wouldn't want to go through that hell again on my elf and giant mains. At the very least, it's a good source of gold if nothing else.

/shrug

Honestly did the same and feel the same. Doesn't really mean I should get a training potion every other gacha though.
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited June 26, 2017
    people missed my point in the first place. The problem is they're releasing too many over and over and over again -_- if you're gonna have training pots, fine... but don't stuff them down people's throats so often and in such high quanities that someone can literally buy an entire tedious skill, all 13 ranks, for like 2 mil gold

/shrug

but it's not a good source of gold anymore. thy're throwing them at us so often that most of the pots are like 100-200k? and it costs 1.5k nx per gacha... you're better off buying dye amps and you can make 400-500k per 900 nx :|
  • ArjuneArjune
    edited June 25, 2017
  • ApollodorusApollodorus
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,865
    people missed my point in the first place. The problem is they're releasing too many over and over and over again -_- if you're gonna have training pots, fine... but don't stuff them down people's throats so often and in such high quanities that someone can literally buy an entire tedious skill, all 13 ranks, for like 2 mil gold

/shrug

but it's not a good source of gold anymore. thy're throwing them at us so often that most of the pots are like 100-200k? and it costs 1.5k nx per gacha... you're better off buying dye amps and you can make 400-500k per 900 nx :|

Where are you finding pots for that cheap? I mean maybe if you're haggling but most pots I've seen are priced 500k to 1m. Anyways while it is somewhat repetitive they are better than a lot of other stuff in this gacha since they have a consistent market and will always have some use to someone, unlike things like instrument and spirit dyes.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited June 26, 2017

Where are you finding pots for that cheap? I mean maybe if you're haggling but most pots I've seen are priced 500k to 1m. Anyways while it is somewhat repetitive they are better than a lot of other stuff in this gacha since they have a consistent market and will always have some use to someone, unlike things like instrument and spirit dyes.

I've found that the training potion market is very volatile, partially due to people who buy them to re-sell, but also due to people who want to quickly train a skill. The same potion could go for 300k one day and 2 mil the next. It depends entirely on supply and demand.

Also remember that people who are in the market for training potions usually want the skill to be over and done with (especially with people who have alts they're trying to train up), and will likely buy every one they get their hands on, from the 100k cheapie to the 2 mil one on the housing board. Now obviously a lot of players are cost conscious and if the price jumps from 100k to 2 mil immediately they will probably just buy the 100k potion and wait for other cheapies. But if they see prices gradually going from small to large they'll probably binge.

The key is patience. Training potions can be very lucrative. If the prices don't look good, stick it on a pet and leave it alone for a bit. I will *NEVER* complain about getting training potions in a gacha, even though I know a lot of people think of them as trash because they're common. The thing is, they're a common item in extremely high demand.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    they do have money to keep funding mabinogi from other ways we don't know how but still they won't just kill mabinogi. they make you believe that mabinogi had problems which is correct, nexon CEO got fired and such but now its better. we should take advantage or get stuck in the same bad gotcha ways.

to be honest idk when this ceo got fired, but the game was bad till now, not to make the new ceo feel bad... but their selling strategies are god awful, their developments to make the game fun and "stress free" dont exsist. like the ceo from before. and has ANY fixes happen under the new CEO? when did the new ceo start? so far. all i see is a stressed induced ways to make players purchase.
    "short term purchase over long term" - the prev ceo musta liked long term purchases strategies.... which is actually the best way to go for a free mmo....
    right now all we have is time limited short term.

if this ceo responsible for the thanks giving wish bone tail gacha and the current one now. then they are NOT better XD.
    feels like this game been going down hill for about two years max....- at least that were it really took a turn. as soon as i got out of college the fun in this game just halted and the "you have 3 days to get 5000 points to get this 1 free item/ this item not free but its in the free event" started and not a major fix to be found.....

the next thing i could see this ceo doing is putting ap up as some type of limited time nx purchase, event gacha for 3 weeks. cuas why add new content when you can soak every lil amount of selling strategy out of it.