Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Monster Dodge Event

SaygoSaygo
Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
edited June 22, 2017 in Vault
It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s a…sheep wolf!? Sheep wolves are invading Tir Chonaill Pasture. Talk to Deian at the Pasture to investigate what really happened. Was he really the hero Tir Chonaill needed, or did he run away like a coward? Find out now during the Monster Dodge Event!

00J5I-37a1caa7-4531-4f3d-a248-27859b47b77e.jpg

Monster Dodge Event

Event Dates: Thursday, June 22 - Wednesday, July 5

Event Details:
  • Log into Mabinogi and speak to Deian in Tir Chonaill to register a character for the event.
  • Complete the Daily Quest to claim Deian's Bravado Box and Deian's Skill Training Seal!
  • Complete the Quest, "Pro Wolf Herder", to claim an Artisan Doll Crafter's Box!
  • Sheep Wolf Spawn every 36 minutes real time in-front of Ciar Dungeon.
  • 10x Drool-Soaked Rag can be combined to create a Restored Piece of Cloth, which can be used to enter a Bonus RP Mission.
  • Ranking List for the RP Mission is updated every hour real time.
  • In the RP Mission, avoid being touched by the wolves as long as you can for brand new titles.
4RykXdi.png

Event Titles:

• Wolf Nibblet(last less than 1 minute)
    • STR +1, INT +1, DEX +1, Will +1, Luck +1, Max HP +3, Max Stamina +3, Max Mana +3.
  • Wolf Chew Toy(last less than 1 minute 20 secs)
    • STR +2, INT +2, DEX +2, Will +2, Luck +2, Max HP +5, Max Stamina +5, Max Mana +5.
  • Waltzes-With-Wolves(last less than 2 minutes)
    • STR +3, INT +3, DEX +3, Will +3, Luck +3, Max HP +7, Max Stamina +7, Max Mana +7.
  • Wolfishly Agile(last 2 minutes or more)
    • STR +4, INT +4, DEX +4, Will +4, Luck +4, Max HP +10, Max Stamina +10, Max Mana +10.

Artisan Doll Crafter's Box Contents:You will receive the one of the following items based off of your character's gender:
  • Pinocchio Spectacles (F)*NEW*
  • Pinocchio Spectacles (M)*NEW*
  • Note: Saying the following in general chat will make your nose grow up to 3 times, "I'm a super n00b and proud of it!"
QdqHDhL.png

Deian's Bravado Box Contents:Each Deian's Bravado Box contains a random item from the following list:
  • Shamala's Transformation Medal: Rainbow Sheep (Red)*NEW*
  • Shamala's Transformation Medal: Rainbow Sheep (Orange)*NEW*
  • Shamala's Transformation Medal: Rainbow Sheep (Yellow)*NEW*
  • Shamala's Transformation Medal: Rainbow Sheep (Green)*NEW*
  • Shamala's Transformation Medal: Rainbow Sheep (Blue)*NEW*
  • Shamala's Transformation Medal: Rainbow Sheep (Navy)*NEW*
  • Shamala's Transformation Medal: Rainbow Sheep (Purple)*NEW*
  • Shamala's Transformation Medal: Rainbow Sheep (White)*NEW*
  • Shamala's Transformation Medal: Rainbow Sheep (Black)*NEW*
  • Giant Bugle of Lies*NEW*
  • Giant Bugle of Gibberish*NEW*
  • Elephant Statue
  • Sundial Artifact
  • Dragon Statue
  • Assorted 5cm Gems
00J5I-f59e0593-2adf-4876-9170-161707b7c32b.jpg

Comments

• LoomieLoomie
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    I finished the Shepherd Boy Deian's Request quest and went to Deian but when I talk to him it wont finish the quest. WHYYYYY? It says 5/5 and everything, it wont trigger the quest completion tho, why?? e_e
  • SaygoSaygo
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,265
    tChGAdK.jpg
    BlissfulkillFayeKaibaYokkaichiSaiGretakingjames488
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    So has anyone actually gotten anything past 1min 19 seconds?

Anywhere between 1:13-1:19 a wolf routinely spawns on my location. No warning, no chance to evade, just boom you lose, heres an unstackable bugle to clutter your inventory

And no, that's not because of the lag created by continuously spawning wolves is lowering the framerate, this wolf has spawned in the center on multiple occasions. As in ON YOUR LOCATION. I'd be more inclined to say it was just crap luck if the time wasn't consistent, but seven or eight times now I've had exactly 1:19 times.

Maybe if there was a bit of warning as to where the wolf is going to spawn could fix?
    SylviaWolfe
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    I really do love this event, its super active and pretty inventive. It has some flaws but otherwise I've really enjoyed this event and the other events at the time. I agree with Ninzerker that the wolves spawning on top of you is kinda pants, but I've managed to clear 2 minutes so it's not too much of a hassle, just need a lil luck.

However, why are the Sheep Transformation Medals so rare? What's the drop chance on those?? It's been 7 days and me and all of my friends have yet to get anything but gems and a Dragon Statue. D: Theres no way we can collect them all at this rate with only one chance per day.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    I tried to have fun with this event, but I'm sorry its not working out well.

WHY do I only get gems? Why is the sheep transformations so darn rare???
    The RNG to get all 9, within 14 days is like saying I can get 100,000,000,000,000 gold in a single day by doing Albey for formor scrolls. It's just not going to happen, and quite frankly is unrealistic.

What should of happened was 1 of 2 things...

1: Make it so the event gives a guaranteed transformation coin for completing the quest for each day.

2: Make it so that when you complete the 10th day turn in for the quest, you get all 9 transformation coins as an added prize set.

Maybe instead do another event that guarantees all 9 coins like the Constellation Event did, that way its fair. Or a weekend hot time give away of some sorts.
    GretaNegumiko
  • ClovercodyClovercody
    Mabinogi Rep: 690
    I am wondering if anyone happens to know if the medals can be saved to use till after the event ends? that way I can possibly trade the color sheep I have now for one that I want?
  • GiegueGiegue
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
    Clovercody wrote: »
    I am wondering if anyone happens to know if the medals can be saved to use till after the event ends? that way I can possibly trade the color sheep I have now for one that I want?

@clovercody Medals will sit in your inventory indefinitely and they wont expire :>
    Clovercody