Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fix the Gacha!

SylekSylek
Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
in Feedback and Suggestions
While I'm not one who actively buys a lot of gacha, I have been seeing that a lot of people are just kind of fed up with it. Their recent addition of the coins to exchange for some rewards is a nice touch in my opinion, but get 1-3 when you need 400? No thank you.
So, to make this official, here's the list of things people have been saying for fixing the gacha.
  1. Better rates for the good items: People are tired of spending money and not having anything worthwhile to show for it.
  2. Less "trash items": dyes are one of the main issues here as it's already possible to find colors we want elsewhere. Saga coupons for example.
  3. Change the cost of prizes using coins/buff coins earned from gacha.
  4. Make coins available in game for free: to make gacha still worth something, buff up the coins you get from that.
  5. Pick what you get when purchasing with coins.

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Honestly, I would add transparent rates in there too. Simply, let people know the chances as well.

I can't say that these are "good" or "bad" suggestions. They're pretty vague for 2 and 4. 4 needs a great anti abuse feature, and if we are going to make rates better, I have to ask "What is the point" if I could just buy it with gold, while 2 does have a share of benefits for a steady flow of fixed colors that are sought after for how "fixed" they are in said amounts. I heard people claim anything from training potions to Fixed dyes as trash, and I have to ask if this is more dependent on the market value than its actual use. Gems I'd say are useless, but training potions seem to ease the loss of "profit" these days, as well as not something I think should be considered trash based on how common it is. The better suggestive is to adjust the rates to be better rounded..