Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Lag caused in game causes skill/movement delay!!

violetkittvioletkitt
Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
edited June 30, 2017 in Technical Support
Please if anyone has any information on fixing this problem it'll be a big help.
I can't do anything in the game without my character just staying in place for a few secs before skill loads to hit the target, by then I'm either killed or running off without me clicking to do so. It's becoming ultimately annoying to this point. I tried settings to mini effect, hide quest info, trans, and set graphics to lowest settings (not that would do anything) Kinda desperate at this point.

*Auto combat isn't on so that is ruled out as an issue.

Comments

• BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    There isnt anything u can do besides wait it out, thats what lag does to this game and unfortunately, its netcode is utter garbage, so the servers will periodically blast everyone playing with a huge wave of lag for seemingly no reason at all, the only thing u can do is avoid threatening content during lag spikes where possible
  • WoolyCrochetWoolyCrochet
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    violetkitt wrote: »
    Please if anyone has any information on fixing this problem it'll be a big help.
    I can't do anything in the game without my character just staying in place for a few secs before skill loads to hit the target, by then I'm either killed or running off without me clicking to do so. It's becoming ultimately annoying to this point. I tried settings to mini effect, hide quest info, trans, and set graphics to lowest settings (not that would do anything) Kinda desperate at this point.

*Auto combat isn't on so that is ruled out as an issue.

Unless you live near the server you can't really fix that. Best workaround for a lag fix is boosting your ping which usually comes with a subscription. Pingzapper currently works.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    I would also recommend disabling talent icon display and the quest icons display in the in game settings. Once I did that I seemed to lag a lot less.
    [Deleted User]