Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Excessive SPAM and the Vanilla Forums

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
edited July 25, 2017 in Town Square
The title of this thread used to read; WHERE ARE ALL THE FORUM MODS? But we have discovered it's not their fault. They are doing everything they can to clean up the mass spam and ban the bots, but every night it's the same old song and dance. They say that all new users have to be approved, but that is obviously being bypassed.

We have reasons to believe Nexon is using open source Vanilla Forums. Which is probably why they keep coming through. Read the comments toward the end of the thread. Thank you.
[Deleted User]

Comments

• PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    No need to overreact. It's July 4th and people have lives.
    TreesKagaTheNyanCat
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Rip forums, they already have a new user name and are creating even more threads.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    This only makes matters worse...
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited July 5, 2017
    Meanwhile I'm just sitting here wondering "Someone thought that spamming paragraphs of (korean???) text on a forum where most people only speak english would be a good idea and of great success."

I'm more confused than I am mad.

Edit: Wow, they even made a spam post in the suggestions section.
    Jokes on them, hardly anyone browses that.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    It's 4am EST/1am PST in the US. most people are asleep.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Yeah what Faye said. If its bothering you so badly, just come back to the forum tomorrow.
    All of this will be gone by then.
  • EllisyaEllisya
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,525
    /facepalm
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Meanwhile I'm just sitting here wondering "Someone thought that spamming paragraphs of (korean???) text on a forum where most people only speak english would be a good idea and of great success."

I'm more confused than I am mad.

Edit: Wow, they even made a spam post in the suggestions section.
    Jokes on them, hardly anyone browses that.

4A9OKVO.gif
    TheDumbOne
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855
    i kill them

1183350278965yz0.jpg

• ZeoZeo
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,030
    While I realize it was during July 4th where most people are up doing some fireworks or asleep by then... I do think it'd be nice to have few more VFMs to watch over the forum and take care of them if needed.
    Crimsọn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Zeo wrote: »
    While I realize it was during July 4th where most people are up doing some fireworks or asleep by then... I do think it'd be nice to have few more VFMs to watch over the forum and take care of them if needed.

Agreed, imo I feel like forum moderation has been a bit lax since Sabina 'left'.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 5, 2017
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Also, thete is so many forum now. Official, steam, discord. why cant we have only one

Discord is not a forum, it is a instant messaging program. Forums are automatically there for games available on Steam - whether publishers or game developers want them or not.
    Sherri
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Gaea wrote: »
    Zeo wrote: »

Agreed, imo I feel like forum moderation has been a bit lax since Sabina 'left'.

>H> agreed
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    edited July 5, 2017
    My reaction to this thread:

*Sees title* "Geez Gaea calm down, what's the big deal? They might be all celebrating fourth of July or still at that anime expo thing. With a title like that the thread is probably just going to get deleted or locked."
    tenor.gif

*Goes back and notices pages and pages of Korean spam bots*
    "...I stand corrected. Where is everybody?"
    tumblr_mqe3l0FUlY1saqds9o1_500.gif
    Crimsọn
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Must be North Korea :D
    Sherri
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited July 5, 2017
    Harukari wrote: »
    If its bothering you so badly, just come back to the forum tomorrow.

^^^

• MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    It was super late when this happened Zzzz.. But on it now. Sorry.
  • Morbious17Morbious17
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,260
    I've been getting rid of them too. Sorry for not showing up as much as I should. D:
  • ParadoxLostParadoxLost
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited July 6, 2017
    honestly looks like a salty NA player just created a letter spamming bots and switched his keyboard to korean :U

Edit: Creative spambot, Samsung and massages on the one i bothered translating. is the only two words the creator knows in korean?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I take it there was another attack?