Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Another Server Merge thread

HinotamaHinotama
Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
in General Chat
There should be a server merge because I'd find it great to be able to hang out with everyone without having to make another character on a different server.

I am ready to hear anything anyone has to say.
  1. At least my reason was different, right?62 votes
    1. Yes
       35% (22 votes)
    2. No
       21% (13 votes)
    3. Maybe
       3% (2 votes)
    4. You just had to make another server merge thread, did you?
       40% (25 votes)

Comments

• AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    If there is any risk of losing my 9 years of accumulated skills, wealth, power, and pets. NO.
    CarlizeNilrem
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    I think it is possible to do a merge without any loss happening.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I have nothing good to say so...

YmIOWtm.jpg

Gonna leave this here lol.
    AellBlissfulkillMollieMikuV3pawcalypseImaizumiKazuhanoriNilremRadiant DawnZeoand 4 others.
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Hinotama wrote: »

high chance to lose the name some of us have been using for 9 years though
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    honestly i think mabi will shut down before we get a server merge at this point.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    edited July 6, 2017
    Guess its been like what three weeks? Oh well.
    General overview of server merge.
    Make it all one server none of this "Alexina must die" stuff.
    Don't make server merge coupons.
    Nobody wants them because you lose your items/pets and have to pay tons of irl money to get your stuff back.
    People want to keep their names, but some people hate the suggestion of having your previous server next to your name somewhere.

What i would like:
    Keep all my homestead stuff. Tbh this my only concern cause at this point i've spent 69mil on my hs.
    I would be furious if i lost all of it, mostly because its limited time only items.
    Carlize
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Guess its been like what three weeks? Oh well.
    General overview of server merge.
    Make it all one server none of this "Alexina must die" stuff.
    Don't make server merge coupons.
    Nobody wants them because you lose your items/pets and have to pay tons of irl money to get your stuff back.
    People want to keep their names, but some people hate the suggestion of having your previous server next to your name somewhere.

What i would like:
    Keep all my homestead stuff. Tbh this my only concern cause at this point i've spent 69mil on my hs.
    I would be furious if i lost all of it, mostly because its limited time only items.

Don't forget about the housing system: how is that gonna work after everything gets squished together? Where will castle gold go to and all that?
    Also meme.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    19274974_543564435767356_1809270259452121610_n.png?oh=54d494845ef4ad5ab0dddea69933fceb&oe=5A0DDED4
    BuffalospawcalypseSebastian
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    the-architect-matrix-this-is-the-10th-time-weve-made-this-thread-we-have-become-increasingly-efficie.jpg
    but yeah. merge would be nice.
    Senpipe
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    edited July 6, 2017
    dra011 wrote: »
    honestly i think mabi will shut down before we get a server merge at this point.

That's honestly what I think.... From yesterday's stream CM/GM said they don't have plan for server merge, so NA mabi teams are not even considering it. And its what keeps me from spending too much money in this game. Because game feels like it's going to die any day.

Why are people keep saying that they will lose 'everything'? If they decide to do server merge, they are trying to gather playerbase and make game more 'live', not make everyone quit by taking their stuff. If it's going to happen, there will be announcement about what can't be transferred before server merge.
    Also merge won't make you lose your pet, that's 'server transfer service'. And it happens because server transfer service will not transfer whole account, it only transfers one character, thus pets will stay in previous server.

• badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    edited July 6, 2017
    Finity wrote: »

That's honestly what I think.... From yesterday's stream CM/GM said they don't have plan for server merge, so NA mabi teams are not even considering it. And its what keeps me from spending too much money in this game. Because game feels like it's going to die any day.

Why are people keep saying that they will lose 'everything'? If they decide to do server merge, they are trying to gather playerbase and make game more 'live', not make everyone quit by taking their stuff. If it's going to happen, there will be announcement about what can't be transferred before server merge.
    Also merge won't make you lose your pet, that's 'server transfer service'. And it happens because server transfer service will not transfer whole account, it only transfers one character, thus pets will stay in previous server.

I'm pretty sure NA doesn't get to make the decision, KR does, like they get to make all our decisions.

Also, people thinking they'd lose their items is a mixup of people thinking a merge has the same effect the server transfer coupons does. I wasn't clear on this until the last server merge thread when someone corrected me.

In terms of actual merging, I don't care at this point, I just wish something could be done about pet names if this happens. Like let people use the same names for their pets if there's a merge, I don't see why they have to be different from everyone like a character name does. I just don't wanna lose my pet names lol.
  • FinityFinity
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    Finity wrote: »

I'm pretty sure NA doesn't get to make the decision, KR does, like they get to make all our decisions.

Also, people thinking they'd lose their items is a mixup of people thinking a merge has the same effect the server transfer coupons does. I wasn't clear on this until the last server merge thread when someone corrected me.

In terms of actual merging, I don't care at this point, I just wish something could be done about pet names if this happens. Like let people use the same names for their pets if there's a merge, I don't see why they have to be different from everyone like a character name does. I just don't wanna lose my pet names lol.

I know, NA team does not have any decision-making authority, but if it's going to happen at least they will be informed about it.
    For name mix-ups, I personally don't care but I know some people do. I just hope there'll be some kind of name change service to remove the tag if it happens. (Like what happened in kr, free name change service for those who had server tag on them)
    Pet names cannot be identical because pets are considered as characters. People can login as a pet and talk,whisper,etc, though people rarely login as animal characters.

• XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,100
    THERE IS A SERVER MERGE THREAD ALREADY IN THE SUGGESTIONS SECTION. JUST PUT IT IN THERE.
    GretaLeineibadnewsbarrett
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Merge the merger thread hahaha
  • HuwHuw
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    I thought names and pet names were unavailable once it's been created already? If not, I have a suggestion.
    Remember those Name/Chat Color Change Potions? Why not remove them and have our names a certain color? Red for previous alexina play...oh but then players will complain they do't like the color they've been given. What another blunder...

In any case, a merge is a merge. It should be simple to copy someone's entire account information across. This includes: gold in your bank and anything inside, pets and anything stored inside, players stats, skills, talents, journal information, titles (not sure about unique titles such as those who broke the barriers from when the server just started), wardrobes as well as premium/VIP services. Of course, those who own a house will lose that but the announcement will warn them ahead of time. It really shouldn't be that complicated. Ch 8, 9 and 10 should also be introduced.
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    lidiya wrote: »
    Hinotama wrote: »

high chance to lose the name some of us have been using for 9 years though

You mean low chance...very very very low chance.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Can we merge the server merge threads?
    GretaAell
  • FaithrendFaithrend
    Mabinogi Rep: 985
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

Why so they can be hidden in the suggestion section
    Aell
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Faithrend wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »

Why so they can be hidden in the suggestion section

Yes. We get these threads, like, every week. It's the exact same suggestion, so there's no need to make multiple threads about it.
    Buffalos
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    I prefer the random korean bot that spams some random html-ish text over this thread.