Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Time Has Come.

GonzyGonzy
Mabinogi Rep: 400
edited July 9, 2017 in General Chat
Hello Everyone, Gonzy here for a little bit of an announcement.

Now, if you were in Belvast Channel 1 during 12am on 7/9/2017, then you will know what I am announcing here.

After 9 years of playing this game, I have made the decision that the time was right that I must retire from the game completely. It's been a wonderful time seeing the game grow and seeing players also do the same. I know there have been a lot of hardships and conflicts over the years, but overall, it was a wonderful experience and I had learned a lot as well.

I am sorry to everyone on the Ruairi server that really did not want to see me go, but this is for my benefit, for my life, mental status and for my health overall. I would love to keep on playing...but my life is more important and it needs my full attention.

I hope all of you have a wonderful time on the game, the server and in the future to come.

Until we meet again...farewell everybody.

~ Gonzy

Started: 2008
Retired: 2017

wFepM.jpg
BlissfulkillAngelhappy43CrimsọnZarozian

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 9, 2017
    Retired...you mean this is another quit thread. We'll see you soon again after you hit the gym for a few months.

Learn to balance. -pat pat-
    Carlize[Deleted User]
  • GonzyGonzy
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Gaea wrote: »
    Retired...you mean this is another quit thread. We'll see you soon again after you hit the gym for a few months.

It's not balance that needs to be learned, it's about having to let go and move on. I can't be on the game forever, neither can anyone else.
    I had said the phrase "retired" instead of "quit" due to the simple fact of what you had stated. When people quit, they are bound to bounce right back into the cycle and come right back in. With what I am stating, is that I am never coming back for anything at all.

However, if it comes to any player made events on the discord channels I am involved in a lot, I will log into the game ONLY for that event and nothing more. Once it is over, I will disappear once again. Kind of like a "special appearance" type of thing there, which will be very rare to be honest.

Have a nice day~

(After this is posted, I will no longer reply to this thread again.)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Huh, a quitting post that isn't trashing the game for nothing, but a respectful thread? Normally, I'd say "Who", but with the advent of "angry quitting" threads that are extremely vitriolic, self important, or just trivial, I can't complain about this one, really.
    Policroma
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 9, 2017
    Gonzy wrote: »

It's not balance that needs to be learned, it's about having to let go and move on. I can't be on the game forever, neither can anyone else.
    I had said the phrase "retired" instead of "quit" due to the simple fact of what you had stated. When people quit, they are bound to bounce right back into the cycle and come right back in. With what I am stating, is that I am never coming back for anything at all.

However, if it comes to any player made events on the discord channels I am involved in a lot, I will log into the game ONLY for that event and nothing more. Once it is over, I will disappear once again. Kind of like a "special appearance" type of thing there, which will be very rare to be honest.

Have a nice day~

That's not really "retiring" Gonzy. But you do you and take care of yourself. You're were one of the regulars, or least I considered you one. You were one of those accustom names. Don't forget us and enjoy your sabbatical. ^_^
    [Deleted User]
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    He'll be back. They always come back. :*

U shuld record urself burning all ur stuffz. It'll help ease the withdrawal symptoms. ;)
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Alright. I'm ready to see another quit/retire thread soon. Anyone else?
  • ArchdukeValeCortezArchdukeValeCortez
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,380
    Who are you?

More importantly, when you jump, do a flip.
    kingjames488
  • SphereSphere
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Well, people eventually have to leave. Think of it like the park, and the sun goes down, you go home. But hey, maybe down the road we will see you again.
  • ZarozianZarozian
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,900

Have a nice day~

Time to join the rest of us!

We welcome you with open arms! ;D
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Well, not everything lasts forever right?

Even if you don't quit, the game surely will quit on us one day.
  • FiregilFiregil
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Hey, hey, it's inappropriate but I wanna make the pun. I really want to.

So, the short version is... that you, Gonzy, are now... Gone-zy? :D
  • FarseerarentaFarseerarenta
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,085
    Hello Everyone, Gonzy here for a little bit of an announcement.

Now, if you were in Belvast Channel 1 during 12am on 7/9/2017, then you will know what I am announcing here.

After 9 years of playing this game, I have made the decision that the time was right that I must retire from the game completely. It's been a wonderful time seeing the game grow and seeing players also do the same. I know there have been a lot of hardships and conflicts over the years, but overall, it was a wonderful experience and I had learned a lot as well.

I am sorry to everyone on the Ruairi server that really did not want to see me go, but this is for my benefit, for my life, mental status and for my health overall. I would love to keep on playing...but my life is more important and it needs my full attention.

I hope all of you have a wonderful time on the game, the server and in the future to come.

Until we meet again...farewell everybody.

~ Gonzy

Started: 2008
    Retired: 2017

oh come on. i just returned recently <.<

still going through my list to see whose alive and whose note. and yet you leave T.T

hope to cya in future
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I sure hope that all assets are sold and gold donated.
    That would be the ultimate departure.
    To start from nothing and end with nothing.
  • ROan2011ROan2011
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    So can I have your stuffs?