Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Forum suggestions

andrewngn13andrewngn13
Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
edited December 15, 2016 in Feedback and Suggestions
I think we had a separate sub forum for this in the old forum, but I don't see one around now, so I hope this is the right place. I'll be skipping some of the things that have already been addressed(such as custom avatars coming later, etc), and just go for some of the other issues I've encountered in the brief time we've been online.

*Option to have darker theme that is easier on the eyes than bright white
    *Should be easier access to the main page of the game site
    *Quotations of quotes are a bit messy to read and understand. Perhaps boxes to separate the quotes like previously?
    *Missing the forum header for threads, its hard to navigate through subforums since we no longer have the links of "Forum > subforum > thread name" but instead have to go back to the main menu
    *Profile menu feels significantly small(may be my personal preference
Anyone else can feel free to tack on other observations.

IGN: andrewngn13
Server: Alexina
KryoDaktaroEmerisFloristAava

Comments

• lethalviruslethalvirus
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,720
    andrewngn13

I think we had a separate sub forum for this in the old forum, but I don't see one around now, so I hope this is the right place. I'll be skipping some of the things that have already been addressed(such as custom avatars coming later, etc), and just go for some of the other issues I've encountered in the brief time we've been online.

*Quotations of quotes are a bit messy to read and understand. Perhaps boxes to separate the quotes like previously?
      *Missing the forum header for threads, its hard to navigate through subforums since we no longer have the links of "Forum > subforum > thread name" but instead have to go back to the main menu
    no username and no server INVALID!
    Crimsọn
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    edited December 15, 2016
    lethalvirus

andrewngn13

no username and no server INVALID!
    Sabina
    Sabina said:

If you would like credit for your idea, please include your IGN and server along with your ideas
    Ha. But I guess I'll follow old forum rules.
  • DealerDealer
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,325
    Funny vindi asks for a light theme for the same reason.
  • NikomisNikomis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    edited December 15, 2016
    I miss having custom avatars already...

But yeah, vote for a darker+higher-visibility forum theme.

Having the base post colour being #f9f9f9 over #ffffff, with an accent colour of #f7f7f7 is really really poor choice. People with vision problems are going to be seeing these "accent colours" as one solid mass.

Here's a quick colour replacement run with slightly darker greys for visibility:

It doesn't have to be "dark" but it has to be higher visibility. As it is now, its very... unfriendly to people with low vision, and it risks ostracizing them from the community.

{edit: did you even know there were PICTURES next to the words "like," "insightful," and "quote?" Cause I certainly didn't until i did a quick colour replace... that right there is a sign that the colours are too similar already...}

-Nikomis of Tarlach
  • TimedTimed
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    And also please add google chrome notification.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    Just dim your screen.
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]
  • andrewngn13andrewngn13
    Gaea said:

Just dim your screen.
    But then you have a dimmed mabi client and then sad times.
  • KryoKryo
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,470
    Add another one for a darker theme, it does feel a tad bright. :x
  • mintielmintiel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,865
    Would be cool if we could get an archive of the fan creations section cause now I need to find anyone I requested/commissioned and see if they drew my stuff or not but yeahhh kinda hard when that got wiped

Also I agree on the avatars thing :(
    Hell just logging in was pretty bad. It kept saying all my stuff was invalid when it shouldn't have been but o well.
  • EmerisEmeris
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    I'm using the dimmest screen setting possible, and these new forums are still way too bright for my eyes. (x_x)
  • DaktaroDaktaro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Make it set up similar to the old one. Doesn't have to be exactly the same - centered user info on new forum looks better, but the old forum style better utilized the elements of design overall. (Color, Shape, Texture, Space, Form, Unity/harmony, Balance, Hierarchy.)

- Font is bigger and rounder, easier on the eyes
    - Different blocks for hierarchy (Dark blue bar for timestamps, darker shade for user info, lighter shade for post, white for quotes with italics.)
    - Username is different font and colour
    - Thin borders are clean and unobtrusive and separate posts nicely

- Font is smaller and more squished looking
    - Quotes are only separated by a slightly different shade so it just blends together
    - Everything just seems to be floating in a mass of grey
    - Just thin horizontal lines floating in the grey too, aren't as effective in separating different elements of the post
    - Username is just the same font style and colour, no hierarchy
    Aava
  • EMTchibiEMTchibi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    Nikomis
    Nikomis said:

I miss having custom avatars already...-Nikomis of Tarlach
    Same. I miss that option the most. Hopefully if the NPC portraits are here to stay though, they'll add more options.
  • CaptmuffinzCaptmuffinz
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    Hmm.... I have to I kinda miss useing my silly mushroom avator.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Sabina already posted that the addition of using custom avatars will be added in the future so we'll all be able to be unique again.
    Laretheniel