Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't Log On, Password Incorrect?

FweepFweep
Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
edited July 16, 2017 in Technical Support
I sent in a ticket for this already, but I wanted to see if someone could help me log on today before I miss my opportunity to get a repair protect pot/Festia VIP tickets/renown points for today.

I use Nexon Launcher to log onto Mabi. For some reason, when the client opens, it shows me the old login stuff:

df432aa4d5.PNG

I figured maybe they changed something with the launcher, so I proceeded. However, it keeps telling me my login information is incorrect even though I'm very sure it's right. I can also log on perfectly onto the site. This issue is happening on both my desktop and laptop computer, so that makes it even stranger.

I even completely reinstalled Mabi/game launcher and the issue is still happening. Tried logging into some other account, it still happens.
Anyone have absolutely any idea what it could be?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I've only seen this one time with my launcher, that was during one of those attacks.
    Maybe try logging out of the launcher completely. Make sure all launcher processes are turned off in task manager.
    Do not launch the launcher via Mabi. Open launcher manually. Sign in, go to mabi and launch the game. If the fix button is available on the mabi page, you may need to press that and have it fixed.
    Fweep
  • FweepFweep
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,015
    I've only seen this one time with my launcher, that was during one of those attacks.
    Maybe try logging out of the launcher completely. Make sure all launcher processes are turned off in task manager.
    Do not launch the launcher via Mabi. Open launcher manually. Sign in, go to mabi and launch the game. If the fix button is available on the mabi page, you may need to press that and have it fixed.

I did everything else you said and it seems to be working now. Was a little confused about the "fix" button but I found it, learned something new!

That's such a strange thing, I restarted the computer multiple times, completely reinstalled the game/launcher, and even re-downloaded the game via steam and was still getting the issue. Dunno if it happened to start working sometime today (didn't bother to try launching before trying what you said) or if what you said really worked but regardless, thank you so much! I'll be doing this again if it ever happens again.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Fweep wrote: »

I did everything else you said and it seems to be working now. Was a little confused about the "fix" button but I found it, learned something new!

That's such a strange thing, I restarted the computer multiple times, completely reinstalled the game/launcher, and even re-downloaded the game via steam and was still getting the issue. Dunno if it happened to start working sometime today (didn't bother to try launching before trying what you said) or if what you said really worked but regardless, thank you so much! I'll be doing this again if it ever happens again.

You're welcome. Sorry I didn't have an image of the fix button for you available.
    But for anyone else curious on what it is, it is a gear button with all the tabs on the game's page on the launcher.

There are multiple ways to get around login trouble without reinstalling the whole launcher and game. But if you're really uncertain, reinstalling is the best option although tedious.
    Fweep