Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

FAKE C/O...

Comments

• RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    hqdefault.jpg
    Ellisya wrote: »
    253906455807E6B8384EA8

And I brought this screenshot again.

Are people that open about their dishonesty? I'd just blacklist and avoid all future c/o chain said seller starts. :*
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    17 million also happens to be an even number...
    FairyvoiceKokoroImaizumi
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 17, 2017

................................................................................................................................................
    35358ed2e9d505fb6190468f6d329fc605f5f392_hq.gif
    ...................................................It is???..................................................................................

Rhey wrote: »
    ................................................................................................................................................
    35358ed2e9d505fb6190468f6d329fc605f5f392_hq.gif

...................................................Is it???

Yes, the odd numbers in between it are 16,999,999 and 17,000,001. And as we all should know, even numbers are divisible by 2 except for 0.

With all these C/O problems and conflicts between bidders.
    They should have a neutral system of auctioning.
    Make use of that NPC in Tara.
    Have sellers list their items at the NPC. System generated bidding. The starting amount and then have the bidding during a specific time period.
    That is the best way to auction sales. Completely neutral and no feelings (I hope) will be hurt.
    RheyroastedpigpawcalypseArjune
  • RheyRhey

With all these C/O problems and conflicts between bidders.
    They should have a neutral system of auctioning.
    Make use of that NPC in Tara.
    Have sellers list their items at the NPC. System generated bidding. The starting amount and then have the bidding during a specific time period.
    That is the best way to auction sales. Completely neutral and no feelings (I hope) will be hurt.

Agreed. I'd just like to toss in my 2cent of making it able to take goodies from other servers as well.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited July 17, 2017

Agreed. I'd just like to toss in my 2cent of making it able to take goodies from other servers as well.

I dunno if inter-server trade will ever happen. Nexon would have a LOT to work out. It'd be NICE, but I don't think it'll ever happen.

Besides, with Alexina's inflation issues, it'd be a mistake.
  • RheyRhey
    Policroma wrote: »

I dunno if inter-server trade will ever happen. Nexon would have a LOT to work out. It'd be NICE, but I don't think it'll ever happen.

Besides, with Alexina's inflation issues, it'd be a mistake.

Isn't Alexina where a Fate puppet is 15m? How is that bad when I can't even get an offer here in Mari. :(
  • PolicromaPolicroma

Isn't Alexina where a Fate puppet is 15m? How is that bad when I can't even get an offer here in Mari. :(

Mari isn't as bad, but take a server like Tarlach where there's less gold floating around. Prices usually don't get to the crazy sky-high rates they do in Alexina. So let's say an item is 30m in tarlach and 120m in Alexina, now combine their economies. Suddenly all the good equipment and items flow toward Alexina. It devalues the gold in the other server. Might even out after a while, but it'd be a big mess in the meantime.
    edited July 17, 2017

Mari isn't as bad, but take a server like Tarlach where there's less gold floating around. Prices usually don't get to the crazy sky-high rates they do in Alexina. So let's say an item is 30m in tarlach and 120m in Alexina, now combine their economies. Suddenly all the good equipment and items flow toward Alexina. It devalues the gold in the other server. Might even out after a while, but it'd be a big mess in the meantime.

Also breaks up the Tarlach oligopoly who run the server economy.
  • RheyRhey

Wasn't it the consensus back on the old forum that Tarlach is basically...A ghost town? I'm surprised it would even have a functioning economy.

tumblr_onynd19IuG1rkcev7o1_400.gif
    KonTheKindBearSherri

Wasn't it the consensus back on the old forum that Tarlach is basically...A ghost town? I'm surprised it would even have a functioning economy.

tumblr_onynd19IuG1rkcev7o1_400.gif

Well my friend is on Tarlach and basically has maxed his bank of gold. I'm sure there's a few others on there who have the same.
    As long as there's people, there's an economy.
    Even Smegol was part of an econ... no wait, that's just hoarding.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Or you know… put a buying ads
    Like B> holy /eagle mask - nm/add

Its easy…
    Less stress…
    And more fantasy life friendly…

Every single time I put Nmo (note me offer) i get "how much?"
    GretaNilremBuffalosImaizumiSherri
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    I'd like to take a moment to also complain about the people who try to buy things and and are like "nmo". Especially for general crafting mats, i.e leather . Like name bloody a price for people to just mail it to you, what are you even trying to do, no ones gonna compete to sell leather at a cheaper price.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880

Well, as someone who plays on Tarlach and is frequently a merchant there... Surprise?
    I mean I wouldn't even call it dead, as there is in fact a functioning economy.
    Tarlach is just....weird. And the economy is just as weird.

41paIiR.jpg

As in this is Tarlach Tir without peak hours, with very few people shown being afk.

Sort of brings me back to my earlier posts.
    I guess Fake C/os are less of a problem in a server where a lot of merchants become familiar with names of fellow merchants?
    I mean I still see it sometimes but...news spreads fast in Tarlach's economy.

...Would love an actual auction system though.

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Nilrem wrote: »

Well, as someone who plays on Tarlach and is frequently a merchant there... Surprise?
    I mean I wouldn't even call it dead, as there is in fact a functioning economy.
    Tarlach is just....weird. And the economy is just as weird.

41paIiR.jpg

As in this is Tarlach Tir without peak hours, with very few people shown being afk.

Sort of brings me back to my earlier posts.
    I guess Fake C/os are less of a problem in a server where a lot of merchants become familiar with names of fellow merchants?
    I mean I still see it sometimes but...news spreads fast in Tarlach's economy.

...Would love an actual auction system though.

there were twice as many people there when i went to look lol
    NilremImaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 18, 2017
    Opalthira wrote: »

THIS ^^^. Happens to me every time as well. I put in NMO and i still get "how much you looking for?" notes or legit lowball offers. Sigh. I guess some people can't read...

NilremSherrixxmimi
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Greta wrote: »

THIS ^^^. Happens to me every time as well. I put in NMO and i still get "how much you looking for?" notes or legit lowball offers. Sigh. I guess some people can't read...

I will admit to doing this myself... simply because there are times I don't know what a seller is looking for and am hoping to get an auto-win so I can decide whether or not I want to buy. Let me be clear... I trust auctions in mabinogi about as far as I can throw them, and I know I am not alone. If I don't agree with the auto win, or if the person will not give me a price, then I am wasting my time.

Besides, most of the time when somebody lists "offer" or no auto win, and you ask, they give you one. So you can blame those folks for training us on the buying side. :P
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 18, 2017
    Greta wrote: »

I will admit to doing this myself... simply because there are times I don't know what a seller is looking for and am hoping to get an auto-win so I can decide whether or not I want to buy. Let me be clear... I trust auctions in mabinogi about as far as I can throw them, and I know I am not alone. If I don't agree with the auto win, or if the person will not give me a price, then I am wasting my time.

Besides, most of the time when somebody lists "offer" or no auto win, and you ask, they give you one. So you can blame those folks for training us on the buying side. :P

I recommend sellers just put anything under 20m into a PS. And advertise only if U have an aw price of 21m+ in mind. People are not mind readers. Not everybody can stick out an auction to the end. And fake c/o auction chains are 2 shady 4 me to take srsly...Hence I always lowball these in general~ :*
  • KitsuyashaKitsuyasha
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,480
    edited July 18, 2017
    All of this is why I try to stick with selling or accepting c/os from people that are at least familiar to me. There's no right way to do these things anymore because there will always be someone exploiting somehow. Giving fake names, not giving names because there's no real c/o, sitting on items for days at a time, going past "a/w", ect. It's a darn if u do darn if u don't situation. no matter what you do.

Also it doesn't matter if the item in question from OP is a holy shield mask or not. This is an example of all items and how we lack a proper auction system I'm afraid...Like it or not we're tied down to picking and choosing who to trust when selling or buying. We're also tied down to the popularity of an item and if that holds up over time. Just because something came out 3 years ago only once for example, doesn't mean people will care about it enough to bid high because it's "rare" so hoarding is also a gamble.

So I agree with needing a proper auctioning system.

On a side note I also believe it would also be nice if the cap for licences in Belvast and housing increase. Though I'm not sure how impacting that would be in the long run. Just a thought. I try not to dive too deep on dramatic changes we will most likely never see. :C
    PolicromapawcalypseApologistSherri
  • ApologistApologist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    Kitsuyasha wrote: »
    All of this is why I try to stick with selling or accepting c/os from people that are at least familiar to me. There's no right way to do these things anymore because there will always be someone exploiting somehow. Giving fake names, not giving names because there's no real c/o, sitting on items for days at a time, going past "a/w", ect. It's a darn if u do darn if u don't situation. no matter what you do.

Also it doesn't matter if the item in question from OP is a holy shield mask or not. This is an example of all items and how we lack a proper auction system I'm afraid...Like it or not we're tied down to picking and choosing who to trust when selling or buying. We're also tied down to the popularity of an item and if that holds up over time. Just because something came out 3 years ago only once for example, doesn't mean people will care about it enough to bid high because it's "rare" so hoarding is also a gamble.

So I agree with needing a proper auctioning system.

On a side note I also believe it would also be nice if the cap for licences in Belvast and housing increase. Though I'm not sure how impacting that would be in the long run. Just a thought. I try not to dive too deep on dramatic changes we will most likely never see. :C

Ikr. Just have a 36min/2hrs/5hrs/10hrs Bidding time limit just like Squad missions options.