Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

MusicQ is a good fix.

Comments

• SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    lidiya
    lidiya said:

Only real complain I got is the mats drop rate for the instruments. I've ran the damn dungeon 30+ times, and still have yet to see some of the mats, and am still not really near making even one instrument.
    I'm at the 175-200 run mark and no dust, tuners or strings lol ;-;
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    edited January 16, 2017
    i like most of music q content but i have 4 problems with it, renown its koreanized (extremly grindy and boring), there is no extra rewards for doing it daily, freestyle jam arrows need more contrast, most of time i dont notice when the arrows spawn and the search bar from the bard board doesnt work very well :P
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    @dra011 For some the renown system makes getting that high crit possible which benefits everyone in a party.
  • dra011dra011
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,010
    Gaea said:

@dra011 For some the renown system makes getting that high crit possible which benefits everyone in a party.
    Even so most new players can get really strong very fast and most of us old players are already "OP" so it just seems really not needed. I just think it could have been something better then oh here have more damage.

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    ITT: Anyone who disagrees is met with a wave of "how dare you dislike what I like!"

Things that were implemented:

The Bard Bulletin Board is a great idea, but it's filled with animu garbage, fsfdafds junk scores and a few hundred silent renown training scrolls. The search function is pretty much broken and you have to scroll through all the hundreds of pages to find anything good. It will be unusable in a few more months, and we'll start seeing forum threads begging for a GM to clean up the clutter.

Freestyle Jams are a great idea if you like that kinda thing. I would say something about the overplaying in Dunby, but I usually turn off the in-game music anyway and have my own music player running instead. I still recommend that people use Nyancat to overplay overplayers.

The Musical Math Dungeon is a great idea, and was fun the first time you run it. After that it just gets boring and tedious. It would be more exciting if the puzzles were randomly generated throughout the dungeon so you never know what you're gonna get next (like say, if there were 20 kinds of puzzles and only 3-5 kinds appeared in each dungeon).

Renown is a great idea, but training is another daily chore. I can't stand dailies. Mabinogi was the most fun back in 2009 when I did something new and different every day. Lately I've been playing on a different alt every day to try and recreate that experience but it doesn't really work when there are daily event quests needing to be done. I don't know how you people can stand logging in and doing the same quests day after day after day.

Things that were not implemented:

We still can't mail and bank Score Scrolls. My alt got a 2000-use scroll from the dungeon that I would like to move to my main who has r1 Composing. It's my item, why can't I move it between my characters?

There were no updates to magical music composing, so I'm still making scrolls with things like +1 Will that provide pretty much no use whatsoever. It's another case of adding a new shiny glittery feature (freestyle jams) and neglecting the old useless features. (It would also be nice to see Big Things Come in Small Packages return in the form of a magical music scroll effect but that's just me missing my mini music.)

TL;DR Everything is a great idea with poor implementation but if I think about it the entire game is like that anyway
    Imaizumi
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    @Eralea Did you try sharing your score scroll with bank?
    Helsa
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    @Greta Whatchu talking about, Score Scrolls have never ever ever been depositable in the bank, that's why I complain so much about them lol.

They even have a special error message JUST for it: http://imgur.com/JRPtu0p
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 17, 2017
    @Eralea I must have mixed up with something. It doesn't make sense since you can trade them or sell them with other players. Wth.
    Helsa