[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

deleted

HardmuscleHardmuscle
Mabinogi Rep: 12,840
edited January 29, 2019 in Bugs and Glitches
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,630
    Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting.

The entire forum is proof that the approval system isn't moderated by humans.
    Hardmuscle
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,510
    I do not agree with the 3. Total Character Level (my favorite) restriction. We want new players to feel invited and able to jump in to the community(as well as seek any help they need) without issues. Restricting posting privileges to in game level makes it more difficult for that.
    TheNyanCatKitsuyashaKensamaofmariCarlizeHardmuscleAtaraxizSparkleFairyMangoFish
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Honestly all they really need to do is check:
    1)How old the Nexon Account is
    2If the Nexon Account have Any Mabinogi Characters created
    If the Nexon Account is less than 24 hours old and has no characters created (not cards, actual characters) it's very suspicious. There could be the rare circumstance where an entirely new Nexon customer isn't sure what server they wish to play in, but if the system sends them a DM on forums asking for them to reply to a moderator then they can easily confirm they are a human through a short message and be re-approved for posting.
    HardmuscleAtaraxizSherriSparkleFairyMangoFish
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 28, 2019
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
  • XiokunXiokun
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,050
    I feel this would make things worse and more complicated than it already is. :| I think what we really need is better bot prevention captcha things.
    google-develops-invisible-captcha-1.png

Stuff like this to ward bots away!
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 28, 2019
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    Kensamaofmari
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    . . .For example; many forums use a money (points) system; You earn x amount of money or points and you spend them on posts and threads. . .

I'm just going to say that I have never once seen a forum use this. I couldn't even imagine how that would work on Nexon's forums (aside for a cash shop item cause MONETIZATION).
    HardmuscleSherriSparkleFairyMangoFish
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 28, 2019
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 30,855
    Well it's easy for bots to join not have any infractions and then spam.
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 28, 2019
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    edited July 24, 2017
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Well it's easy for bots to join not have any infractions and then spam.

That's true, and this is where things like.. 'Total Level' (all characters combined) or Total Number of Characters (e.g. 0 = suspicious), .. 'Date of Account Creation' (e.g. 5 minutes ago; along with a dozen others with key-smash names = suspicious) comes in. Mix these parameters up and make it complicated. As opposed to throw them the key and a red carpet. ~ Make them climb a virtual "Mabinogi Forum Ladder"..

Earn the privilege to be a regular ... ;)

Don't overlook probationary periods. They can be short ... or they can be long .... and ... even longer if they need to be ... (perpetual even). ..

Just for example: An infraction can cost points and increase the length of probation (at the same time). Stick'em where it hurts. ;)

Point Gain could go into a state of 'limbo' ... if a user decides to be 'inactive' and doesn't use their daily allotment while on probation...

But then again, does that mean that new players seeking help on the forums are not allowed?
    It's a very tricky situation to find a good method of vetting bots.
    Especially when they come up with non-botlike names, it's hard to tell.
    Which also proves how naive humans are on things like the internet, something they invented.
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 28, 2019
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,880
    edited July 26, 2017
    I believe this has turned into a debate of the sort. Pretty amusing when the post was not meant to be debated on. There are two sides, but the post wasn't asking for your support, it was poking and saying "Hey, I have an idea, please listen and help me build onto it." Forgive me if I'm wrong here.

I support any system to get rid of bots and I agree on a newer, more improved version of how things are done on the forums. I think the mods work very hard to help, and if something doesn't get solved a private message from here should ping their inbox. However, sometimes things are never ending, and they are unable to be here 24/7 (agreeing with you here.). Let's continue Trying to find a solution to this. Maybe it will be much more simple than we're currently pointing out. Maybe some more moderators who can be on more where there is a gap?? I've only seen 3-4 myself, but a lot can happen here when they cannot be on.

Adding onto this post: Having people around who can handle situations well and be around when I cannot be is something I've done for my servers on Discord because drama is common when people have a misunderstanding (Luckily, no break outs so far.) That is why I suggest having more VFMs appointed. It works for my servers, so why shouldn't it work here?
    HardmuscleSparkleFairyMangoFish
    If these bots are based in Korea, they must get up early in the morning.
    AtaraxizHardmuscle
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,595
    Let's not go down the same path as Miiverse and limit posts. >:(
    HardmuscleSparkleFairyMangoFish
    Sherri wrote: »
    Let's not go down the same path as Miiverse and limit posts. >:(

Some forum boards limit 1 post per minute. So you'd have to wait a full minute before your next post.
    I wonder if that will reduce the amount of bot spam. Instead of getting all the spam at once, there would be at least some time to wait before the next, and should be plenty of time for staff to clean up the mess before we get 60+ threads of spam.
    HardmuscleSherriSparkleFairyMangoFish
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited January 28, 2019
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀