Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How do I start? =/

LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
Mabinogi Rep: 810
in Help
So I've been playing for a few weeks now and I always see the memento event quest in my quest tab and I've tried to start it but every time I go to the location its by the shore of the lake next to the bard camp. And from there I have no idea what I'm supposed to do....
Even the wiki confuses me saying I have to complete the "Clear A Respite from Endless Sorrow, the last dungeon in the Memento Scenario."
So is that a dungeon, shadow mission, or something else? Because I can't seem to find out where I go or who I'm supposed to talk to in order to find this thing.
Any help or advice is awesome please and thank you ^w^

Comments

• RinRin
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    Follow the quest in your "basic" tab, the prefix is contents.

http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Sidequests#Memento
  • badnewsbarrettbadnewsbarrett
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,890
    Also you have to be like level 500 or above I think to actually do it? Though I'm pretty sure anyone whose level is below that can accompany a higher level player into the dungeon, just can't get in yourself. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I advise that you hold off on that Memento quest line until you've got at least 500-600 total levels under your belt, have learned Battlefield Overture, the healing spell, and Enduring Melody, gotten song up to rank 5, and gotten at least one good heavy-hitter attack (like Bash, Final Hit, Thunder, or Fireball) under your belt. Most of the quest is pretty easy, and even the final boss is a pushover since you'll have Final Dance at your disposal...but that darn dragon in the quest before the quest where you get Final Dance...It's made of pure demonic evil and you should not go in unprepared.

And, of course, by prepared I mean with a ton of potions, a pet with at least 250-300 HP that can tank for you, and the good darn sense to run out of the boss' agro range and go into recovery mode when things get too hot (this is a hit-and-run kind of fight unless you've got thousands of levels under your belt and can solo Advanced Hard Mode dungeons). Also, be ready to dodge and run out of the way when the dragon has fireballs, lightning, a question mark, or a skull icon in a skill box over its head. That's bad news right there. That thing does not play.
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    I advise that you hold off on that Memento quest line until you've got at least 500-600 total levels under your belt, have learned Battlefield Overture, the healing spell, and Enduring Melody, gotten song up to rank 5, and gotten at least one good heavy-hitter attack (like Bash, Final Hit, Thunder, or Fireball) under your belt. Most of the quest is pretty easy, and even the final boss is a pushover since you'll have Final Dance at your disposal...but that darn dragon in the quest before the quest where you get Final Dance...It's made of pure demonic evil and you should not go in unprepared.

And, of course, by prepared I mean with a ton of potions, a pet with at least 250-300 HP that can tank for you, and the good darn sense to run out of the boss' agro range and go into recovery mode when things get too hot (this is a hit-and-run kind of fight unless you've got thousands of levels under your belt and can solo Advanced Hard Mode dungeons). Also, be ready to dodge and run out of the way when the dragon has fireballs, lightning, a question mark, or a skull icon in a skill box over its head. That's bad news right there. That thing does not play.

O_O; well then...
    Considering I was at like lvl 60 then rebirthed and now currently 47 I think i'll just ignore that event for some time XD
    But at least now I know about the darn thing thanks ^^
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    yeah you need to be level 500 accumulative before you can do the story quest. They told everyone that when they released the dungeon, but there's nothing ingame that says it so new people are going to get confused.
    O_O; well then...
    Considering I was at like lvl 60 then rebirthed and now currently 47 I think i'll just ignore that event for some time XD

By level they mean cumulative level 500. If you look under your character information screen, it'll tell you what your total level is.
    edited July 24, 2017

O_O; well then...

No problem. By total levels, I mean the level total on your character stat menu under the tab that lets you rebirth while logged in to your character. By the time you have around 500-600 total levels (if you're rebirthing at an average level of 50, that's 10-12 rebirths) you should have gotten enough points from ranking skills into your main attack and defensive stats to be able to hold your own against the dragon with the right strategy and skills. I beat the dragon at total level 700+...though, to be fair, about 50 of those were empty levels that I got from the Homestead event when swapping to Blacksmithing for a day for another event that was also running at the time...
  • LawrenceFoxLawrenceFox
    ah okay then sorry for mixup ^^; again still figuring stuff out
    That's O.K. Mabi can be confusing sometimes.

Also, one good way of seeing if you are about ready for this quest is if you're at the bard camp, you hold down the ALT button while you're near the Red Bears there, and the text in the black box above the bears reads simply "Red Bear". If it has "Boss", "Awful", or "Strong" beside the creature's name, you are not yet ready. If it has "Red Bear" or "Weak" or "Weakest" by the creature's name, you have reached the right power level...just make sure your skills are in order too and stock up on healing and recovery items. You'll need 'em.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    before doing this i suggest u learn 3 skills for killing the dragon :fireball, crisis escape, final hit (it would be best if u rank this skills at least r9)
    it would be best not to use dark knight or knight of light to this dragons since you might need it for the final boss after killing the dragons
    this will only work if your human since final hit is a skill only for humans (unless they changed that and i didnt know)
    so after u kill the form of doubts and dragons spawn distance yourself from the dragons but not too far to make fireball out of range
    so first charge fireball to 5 and attack 1 dragon instantly use crisis escape to prevent aggro do this over and over till its dead
    do this until there 2 dragons left once there are 2 dragons do the same thing but dont kill them yet
    just damage them until there is around 5% left to their hp (unless ur confident enough to kill both at 10% with your final hit)
    when both dragons have around 5% hp use final hit to kill them both u must be able to kill them quickly cause once u kill 1 of the dragons
    the last dragon will revive it(or all of them) in 30 seconds
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Also you have to be like level 500 or above I think to actually do it? Though I'm pretty sure anyone whose level is below that can accompany a higher level player into the dungeon, just can't get in yourself. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    U have to be lvl 500+ cumulative to enter their instance as well even if ur in a qualified party...

...my poor alts...

Gs6e5.gif
    Rhey wrote: »
    U have to be lvl 500+ cumulative to enter their instance as well even if ur in a qualified party...

...my poor alts...

Gs6e5.gif

Oh really? D: I thought I heard Saygo say when they previewed it on the stream that someone could take you in with them if they were total 500+ :/
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 24, 2017

...my poor alts...

Gs6e5.gif

Oh really? D: I thought I heard Saygo say when they previewed it on the stream that someone could take you in with them if they were total 500+ :/

I've tried to bring 5 other alts so I can farm fine/finest stimulants.

They keep getting rejected. Must either be lvl req or quest line req which is tied to being lvl 500 to trigger nwayz~

Harry-Potter-I-Dunno-Shrug-Reaction-Gif.gif
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 24, 2017
    @Rhey: Not that I condone using alts in that manner..... but are they level 40 current level? that's a requirement too.... and before you cry, Korea recently increased that to level 60 on the Giants revamp
  • RheyRhey
    edited July 24, 2017
    Arjune wrote: »
    @Rhey: Not that I condone using alts in that manner..... but are they level 40 current level? that's a requirement too.... and before you cry, Korea recently increased that to level 60 on the Giants revamp

Yush. I keep em all @ around 40-ish 4 hot-times. :*

Korea must have a bigger alters pop than I thought if that's the reason 4 the lvl req raised...lel. :p
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Mabi throws quests of all storylines everywhere at new players.
    It's tough to be new. I suggest doing the storylines in order to get a feel for the game before worrying about new quests.
  • watercat0watercat0
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,855

...my poor alts...

Gs6e5.gif

I've tried to bring 5 other alts so I can farm fine/finest stimulants.

They keep getting rejected. Must either be lvl req or quest line req which is tied to being lvl 500 to trigger nwayz~

Harry-Potter-I-Dunno-Shrug-Reaction-Gif.gif

Or you could be level 200 with max stats, cant reject someone if everything is max out.