Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

There are bots everywhere.

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited July 26, 2017
    Zeo wrote: »
    But yeah... I'm hearing more and more stories about the cult of bots as of lately and it seem to be getting pretty serious because some people were using bots to crash people from spamming the public chat too.

I know that we shouldn't have to do it, but ctrl+N at least should reduce the lag.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited July 26, 2017
    Create an AI with GM/Admin power to detect game and forum bots. We need to create bots to battle the bots.

Maybe this new bot will be able to save and protect Erinn.
    Danievictria
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Sai wrote: »
    Create an AI with GM/Admin power to detect game and forum bots. We need to create bots to battle the bots.

Agreed. Eventually even the photo capchas won't be enough to stop bots, because they will have programmed bots smart enough to solve those as well. The only thing we can really do to combat these spam bots, troll bots, and farming bots is to make bots that can identify and remove them...Maybe some security bot in-game that, when it detects bot-controlled characters, stalks and one-hit kills them over and over again, without mercy like that copy protection measure in that one "Serious Sam" game that sends a super-powerful, immortal enemy after you if the copy was pirated. Now that would be a pretty effective anti-botting measure if someone could pull it off... :D
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Agreed. Eventually even the photo capchas won't be enough to stop bots, because they will have programmed bots smart enough to solve those as well. The only thing we can really do to combat these spam bots, troll bots, and farming bots is to make bots that can identify and remove them...Maybe some security bot in-game that, when it detects bot-controlled characters, stalks and one-hit kills them over and over again, without mercy like that copy protection measure in that one "Serious Sam" game that sends a super-powerful, immortal enemy after you if the copy was pirated. Now that would be a pretty effective anti-botting measure if someone could pull it off... :D

The problem is how to correctly identify the bot and not mistake it for an actual innocent civilian.
    Danievictria
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695

The problem is how to correctly identify the bot and not mistake it for an actual innocent civilian.

That's what I mean by "if someone could pull it off." Automated moderation programs are currently very hit-and-miss. YouTube has had problems with its mod-bots misidentifying videos as violating their ToS before, for example. It would require a very skilled team of programmers, one that understands how these bots work and can write a program capable of detecting all of the telltale signs that a character is being controlled by a bot and not a person. It would be pretty complicated to pull of right...but that's what would make it so awesome if someone managed to do it. ^_^
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Morrighan should create a new race "Bots" They shall save Mabinogi, then be put down by Morrigan herself because she is to scared of how much power they have gain!~
  • MiricielMiriciel
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    Give me the Ban Hammer power and i will destroy all bot in alexina in 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
  • ZintackZintack
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,635
    So far I've only seen bots that spam ads and bots that sell shop stuff on Tarlach.
    The ad spam ones are pretty annoying but the shop seller ones- idk if I can complain about 'em.
    They sell shop stuff so much cheaper than the players- it's nice.
    courtneyy
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Zintack wrote: »
    So far I've only seen bots that spam ads and bots that sell shop stuff on Tarlach.
    The ad spam ones are pretty annoying but the shop seller ones- idk if I can complain about 'em.

Really I can't help it either, when I need to reforge something I go to them. They seem to almost have an endless supply. If a player tries to undercut them, they undercut them back. It's great. XD
    courtneyy
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 26, 2017
    Gaea wrote: »

Really I can't help it either, when I need to reforge something I go to them. They seem to almost have an endless supply. If a player tries to undercut them, they undercut them back. It's great. XD

Funny story. I'd have to admit I bought some event collab stuff from bot shops. They were undercutting the value so much I can't resist grabbing it for their 500k-1m prices on collab stuff. I got gae bolg+Caliburn+Excalibur for 3m total and the friend of the hero(RIN+ARCHER+SABER ALL in ONE) doll bag for just under 5m. Thought it was just sum dude who was ignorant of their value till I saw the same owners party ad "B>N.X and S>Gold." Looks like they're starting to flip cash shop items on players who bought gold from them just to buy moar cash item so the cycle will continue ad infinitum. :o
  • LostLinksLostLinks
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    dowie wrote: »
    rQ1yr5R.png
    this was pretty neat. People even crashed half of them before teh screen shot by spamming stuff

The pool is closed.
    Rhey wrote: »

Funny story. I'd have to admit I bought some event collab stuff from bot shops. They were undercutting the value so much I can't resist grabbing it for their 500k-1m prices on collab stuff. I got gae bolg+Caliburn+Excalibur for 3m total and the friend of the hero(RIN+ARCHER+SABER ALL in ONE) doll bag for just under 5m. Thought it was just sum dude who was ignorant of their value till I saw the same owners party ad "B>N.X and S>Gold." Looks like they're starting to flip cash shop items on players who bought gold from them just to buy moar cash item so the cycle will continue ad infinitum. :o

Are you sure you should be saying this publicly?

No one beats me at undercutting.