Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Reforge Window Inventory Reposition

GspinGspin
Mabinogi Rep: 1,220
edited July 27, 2017 in General Chat
Reforging opens the reforge window, which repositions inventory window next to it, yet keeps the inventory window there. All other windows only temporary lock the inventory window where they want it. I don't believe the Inventory window, or any user specified personalizations should be overridden.
  1. Is this request worth losing your head over?9 votes
    1. YES!!@!@!@!@@!
       56% (5 votes)
    2. No.
       44% (4 votes)

Comments

• TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Well, it is abit annoying when you have bags opened, and the main inventory suddenly gets behind said bag windows. But it is aminor issue indeed.

But to be fair, telling someone to make their own just because they have a UI complaint is about as useful as complaining about your president and then get told to run for your own senate.
  • GspinGspin
    TNinja wrote: »
    But to be fair, telling someone to make their own just because they have a UI complaint is about as useful as complaining about your president and then get told to run for your own senate.

Thank you. I was sure I posted this in the bug section but maybe if he got a better night of sleep, or slept at all, he wouldn't be so enraged this early and understand typical standards for user experiences.

If this wasn't an issue worth requesting a fix for I can't understand why it was worth behaving so poorly over.
  • GspinGspin
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Is this some kind of a joke? It takes all of a second to move the inventory window back to where it once was. If you think it should be a different way; ..Make, develop, and publish your own game. (Seriously) ~ There are far more important things in life than the position of your inventory.

Next you'll be complaining about the intentional displacement of completed score scrolls. :|

Feel free to petition the making of my own game in the added poll above. I'll keep you posted with progress updates.
  • GspinGspin
    Poor behavior? Enraged? Losing my head? - All of those things are nonsense. ~ I honestly didn't think you were serious, and I still don't. ~ If you thought this was the Bug and Glitches Section, you would have left your IGN and Server Name, per the Bug and Glitches Section rules.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/6/welcome-to-the-bugs-glitches-forum-section

~ Good day ...

I don't see your vote in the poll though. Wait, don't you mean to suggest, that instead of obeying forum rules I should just go build my own forums instead?
  • GspinGspin
    Gspin wrote: »
    Poor behavior? Enraged? Losing my head? - All of those things are nonsense. ~ I honestly didn't think you were serious, and I still don't. ~ If you thought this was the Bug and Glitches Section, you would have left your IGN and Server Name, per the Bug and Glitches Section rules.

http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/6/welcome-to-the-bugs-glitches-forum-section

~ Good day ...

I don't see your vote in the poll though. Wait, don't you mean to suggest, that instead of obeying forum rules I should just go build my own forums instead?

Manually moving your inventory would be a lot easier.... than ..... making your own forum or game ... ( >_> ( lol ..

I agree. I wouldn't recommend such a thing to anyone, it's downright silly. But I don't see the harm in bringing up a problem I noticed. I think I was rather straight forward, despite being mistaken on where I posted it. There must be a great deal of joking and flippancy regularly on these forums for that to have been the first thought that came to mind.

Now if you don't mind, according to your suggestions, I have a Korean anime themed MMORPG game to develop and a website/forum to make.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    edited July 27, 2017
    So who spit in who's coffee this early in the morning 4 U guys to get into a debacle over this? :*
    [Deleted User]RiwerTrees
  • GspinGspin
    edited July 27, 2017
    By the way.....

If there's an amount of seriousness here at all.... it wouldn't belong in the Bugs and Glitches forum either. It's a "suggestion"; not a bug, or a glitch, or a broken feature. I told you once already; I didn't think you were serious (you can stop with the antics to seek out an argument).

There isn't a gram of mercy in your flesh is there Hardmuscle? I can tell it kills you to not let this go. I wonder if it has actually become more wrong of me to pressure you this far. How the tables have turned. Such is the path of righteousness, a difficult and narrow road that few enter. And I have stumbled from it, forgive me for tempting you this far.

I was quite serious initially but found your advice worth provoking. Your advice is the kind sometimes seen, where you behave in complete dismissal to another's concerns and offer outrageous solutions; you inflame a simple issue to justify your position. In fact it was a mere suggestion as I myself practice and understand User Experience, and I found it odd that such an inconsistent experience happened to me. I thought it worth pointing out. As I said above though despite my mistakes in execution, I was serious and I think rather straight forward. Nothing flippant or out of the ordinary.

Sorry to have bothered you so by my actions.

As for spitting in your coffee, I plead not-guilty. Though I suppose I did step on your feet a few times during our dance.
  • BerylBeryl
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,750
    It's a minor annoyance but it's still a design oversight. As they say; God is in the detail. I don't see how a neutrally worded general observation of the game(mechanics) warrants such an overreaction.
  • GspinGspin
    edited July 27, 2017
    I didn't think you were serious at all. No more so than I was with the mention of displaced score scrolls on completion. This game is more than 10 years old, it has its flaws and is far from perfect - it's hard to tell who is being serious sometimes.
    Gspin wrote: »
    ...There must be a great deal of joking and flippancy regularly on these forums for that to have been the first thought that came to mind...

I called it.
    I initially saw your complaint as the grumbling of a facetious cry baby

Did I ever call you a name? Nope, not once. I made comments on your behavior, choice of words, advice, etc. But are you unaware of the difference?

Perhaps my words made it seem like I was trying to sound smart, that you felt the need to throw in faceticious - which if you look up its' definition sounds more as if you're projecting onto me your own behavior - ironically coupled with cry baby.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    41-gS2YnP6L._SY300_.jpg

It's not that big of a deal to just scooch the inv box back into visible location. If it bothers U that much just do ur reforging in bulks?
    [Deleted User]Buffalos
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    It's hard to read sarcasm on the internet. Live and learn.
    Whether or not some people think it's a design flaw, if you (the discoverer) think it could be a bug or glitch, you should report it within the B&G guidelines fully. If the QA team thinks it's wrong, they'll pass it along. It's not exactly up to us to debate on if something should be fixed or ignored.
    Rhey wrote: »
    It's not that big of a deal to just scooch the inv box back into visible location. If it bothers U that much just do ur reforging in bulks?

You could apply similar tactics to about 20% of the things that have been reported in the bugs and glitches section over the years. Just because you can work around it doesn't mean devCAT shouldn't be made aware of the issue.
    MohawkGuy[Deleted User]