Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Hardest skills to train?

crazydonkeycrazydonkey
Mabinogi Rep: 920
in General Chat
Double Rainbow is coming up! What are the hardest (and worthwhile) skills people should train during double rainbow? Also, do you have any personal goal for the event?
SherriRukiya

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I have to say... Healing is one of them. It's a pain to train, at least for me.
    That and Hillwen Engineering (I believe it's called?)
    My friend has been having a VERY rough time training that. :c
    Godisalexis
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Barring the use of instant training potions and seals, I'd say Ninja is annoying and worthwhile to train.

Maybe Engineering and Magic Craft, but even still I'd rather save the effort spent training on sealing that to victory after r9 at least.

Anyways, I don't have any goals myself, since I'm all ranked up on my main, and I don't really plan on playing on my alts just to train up their skills.
    I could work on earning master titles, but no...
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,710
    a good part of life skills are hard to train, took me years to finish the entire tab, out of that enchanting, healing, golden time, elemental wave and some skills from gunner and fighter.
  • CurryosityCurryosity
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    Is it confirmed that it's 2x experience as in skill experience? I was kind assuming it was just combat/quest/level kind of experience. Would be pretty neat if it was skills or just a double everything kind of experience event.
  • SherriSherri
    edited December 23, 2016
    @Curryosity
    Yeah, my friend and I wondered the same thing. The announcement only says 2x EXP and then continues on to say it stacks with shadow mission crystals and training potions, so I can only assume it means both types of exp. :/
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530

I've heard ninja and gunner are pretty tedious since it's just a lot of usage spam.
  • SherriSherri
    @MissFortune
    Yep, they are. Training it is basically just grinding all day.
    Gunner is more fun IMO and a lot less annoying sound effects.

• ArgenArgen
    Mabinogi Rep: 915
    Enchant and Weaving are a pain for me.
    Sherri
  • ZincathonZincathon
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,310
    edited December 23, 2016
    For double rainbows, definitely Life, Gunner, and Ninja are the ones you should focus on. Gunner and Ninja are pure usage. Life is just tedious and expensive in general so it's best to take shortcuts where possible.
    Sephanle
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Hillwen engineering and magic craft. I personally didn't have THAT bad of a time with a lot of the harder life skills and Ninja in comparison. At least those get events and pots so you can setups where you can reach at least 4x training which speeds it up by quite a bit. There are setups where you can pick up your mats from the night bazaar event to train the easy parts of life skills, then seal through certain hard parts.

But I did some rough math when trying to start Hillwen and just decided I'll go the seal route the whole way with that + the daily thing you can do for it for the first few ranks.
  • MeridisMeridis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,010
    Curryosity

Is it confirmed that it's 2x experience as in skill experience? I was kind assuming it was just combat/quest/level kind of experience. Would be pretty neat if it was skills or just a double everything kind of experience event.
    yeah, double rainbow is double everything. regurlar experience, skill experience(goes by count and not the experience itself, like tuan does), money.

your going to want to focus on ninja, gunner, maybe puppet, and anything life skill LIKE. That includes skills like enchant or some of the transmutation alchemy. So think about what you want to work on now + start afking for rebirth potions. Maybe hold off on weekly rebirth in the days before. That way you could get the talent bonus for a few different things...if you can finish them, that is.

I wouldn't try to work on certain life skills that aren't worth training normally. After a certain rank, usually rank 5(maybe sooner), magicraft and engineering aren't worth training without training seals. Save more time and money that way.
  • crazydonkeycrazydonkey
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    The rebirth potions from the AFK event expire on the 28th, when the event ends, right?
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    edited December 23, 2016
    @crazydonkey Yes. Once event ends, All rebirth pots will be removed from your inv. So I would save the rebirth pot you got from Music Q Registration for Double Rainbow if you haven't used it already.

As for OP, as a lot of people said, I would work on Ninja/Gunner/Hillwen Engineering/Magic Craft. Those are VERY Tedious skills/skillsets.
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited December 24, 2016
    Handicraft was born from satan.

I would do Hillwen engineering again for an entire 4 months instead of grinding handicraft from rank 5 to rank 1.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited December 24, 2016
    Gunner and Ninja would be the skills to take advantage of during a DR.

Oh, and Hillwen/Shyllien. Those are also a pain.

Also, nice to see that I'm not the only one who refers to Gunslinger as "Gunner".