Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Math Musical Dungeon

SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
in General Chat
I'm curious to hear about people's overall experiences, stories, drops and opinions of/from the dungeon :) So far I've run it about 70-80 times so I've got pretty much all of the songs on the harps as well as scrolls memorized lol and I've yet to get a tuner/instrument string or dust drop but still hoping..I really have enjoyed how accessible the dungeon is in terms of parties being made up of almost any skill level. It's refreshing to meet some new folks and I hope more puzzle dungeons are implemented :)
  1. More Puzzle-based Dungeons?26 votes
    1. Heck no
       8% (2 votes)
    2. Yuss!
       92% (24 votes)

Comments

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    I've only run it for the event, and could never figure out where to get the additional passes. Meh, it's not that big of a deal to me anyways. I'll get more serious about playing if we ever get new cooking recipes and my homestead house has an interior.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    edited December 23, 2016
    We definitely need more puzzles in dungeons. It livens (Is that the correct word?) up the dungeons a lot and maybe put some more traps in them and then it'll make a great dungeon revamp. (Poison rooms, etc.)
    SylviaWolfe
  • GodisalexisGodisalexis
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    I'd personally like to see more rouge like elements in dungeons, Like Mini Bosses, or random treasure rooms and trap rooms maybe, puzzles and randomly generated dungeon rooms. I know its probably impossible, but its my opinion ^^
    SylviaWolfeSherri
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Darkpixie99

I've only run it for the event, and could never figure out where to get the additional passes. Meh, it's not that big of a deal to me anyways. I'll get more serious about playing if we ever get new cooking recipes and my homestead house has an interior.
    Ailla in the bard camp sells them for $0 gold. They still expire but you cant beat free.
    SylviaWolfe
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,735
    I only did a few runs (maybe 6-7) and only got 3 Melodic Meta Boards, no idea what they are
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    NekoLily
    NekoLily said:

I only did a few runs (maybe 6-7) and only got 3 Melodic Meta Boards, no idea what they are
    They're crafting materials for some of the new milky way instruments :)
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    I may or may not have accidentally hit heck no in a daze of dyslexia. But I really mean yuss
    IyasenuSylviaWolfe
  • HyoukariHyoukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 540
    It's tedious to run it over and over because I know I won't be able to craft the lyre, which is one of my favorite instruments.
  • GodisalexisGodisalexis
    Mabinogi Rep: 940
    Hyoukari
    Hyoukari said:

It's tedious to run it over and over because I know I won't be able to craft the lyre, which is one of my favorite instruments.
    Just gotta believe in yourself, My friend made the lyre, and it took him A LOT of dungeon runs and time.
    anything possible lol, at least you are not me, trying to go for the guitar xD
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    It's very tedious, but I love the puzzles added in to it.
  • RingabelRingabel
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,030
    edited December 23, 2016
    At least none of you are masochistic enough to attempt to craft all of them, right...?
    ( or, all of them - including tuned versions? if you put your ear real close to the screen, you might be able to hear me crying.

> https://gyazo.com/6951c85c40c9ee40613cb8efd85fb938 img link if images aren't working
    > got all the instruments that don't require stardust, now it's just a matter of getting stardust ᐛ

While I love how the new dungeon is accessible to everyone, I just wish it wasn't... so drab. It would've been really aesthetically pleasing to have this as a theatre mission in Avon, on stage with the curtains and music playing in the background - but nah, we're stuck in good ol' no mats dungeon. It doesn't even look that musical. And I wish they raised the drop rate for materials for NA, because the only material with a decent drop rate is melodic metal pieces.

Anything else? ah ah ahaha ha /crying
    > I've resorted to buying harmonic woodboards off other players, because for a material that should be the second most common, I've only managed to get about - I don't know, 4-5 from the dungeon myself? I've probably run this dungeon more than a hundred times already, and I barely managing to get enough wood for crafting.

SylviaWolfe
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    It was sort of interesting the first couple of times, but considering it's the same puzzles every time, it gets very tedious very fast, and repetition drives me mad.
    KingEphy
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Shaeli
    Shaeli said:

It was sort of interesting the first couple of times, but considering it's the same puzzles every time, it gets very tedious very fast, and repetition drives me mad.
    I'm kind of a sucker for a grind so I like the repetition, but I definitely can see where this would deter people from running it more than a few times. Some variation in the dungeon could be a good thing.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Shaeli
    Shaeli said:

Pretty much this.