Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Control Marionette skill cooldown bonus broken.

RRMRRM
Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
edited August 4, 2017 in Bugs and Glitches
The Control Marionette skill says that it reduces the cooldown of Act skills.
What should happen: The skill cooldown reduction should apply both server-side and client-side.
What happens instead: The skill cooldown reduction is only client-side, so you can't actually use the skills when they're supposed to be ready.

IGN: RRM
Server: Ruairi
Kadalyn

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I've been getting this for forever too.

As a side bit of information, the skill cooldown reduction IS broken, but you can get it work "properly" but changing marionettes.

Like if you use Pierrot and use Crisis, then keep Pierrot out, the cooldown will LOOK like it's refreshing faster, but like you noted, you won't be able to use it when it looks like the cooldown's over, until the ordinary cooldown time has passed.

But if you were to use Pierrot and use Crisis, then switch to the Colossus, the cooldown will look like it's refreshing faster, and you will be able to use the skills when the cooldown looks like it's over, with the reduced cooldown time.

Shouldn't have to do that though, it should be active all the time.
  • KetsuekiOfRuairiKetsuekiOfRuairi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,015
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I've been getting this for forever too.

As a side bit of information, the skill cooldown reduction IS broken, but you can get it work "properly" but changing marionettes.

Like if you use Pierrot and use Crisis, then keep Pierrot out, the cooldown will LOOK like it's refreshing faster, but like you noted, you won't be able to use it when it looks like the cooldown's over, until the ordinary cooldown time has passed.

But if you were to use Pierrot and use Crisis, then switch to the Colossus, the cooldown will look like it's refreshing faster, and you will be able to use the skills when the cooldown looks like it's over, with the reduced cooldown time.

Shouldn't have to do that though, it should be active all the time.

You don't actually have to change marionettes, you just have to unsummon the one that used the skill. I know this because I use crisis -> climax -> unsummon, [filler skill], then resummon and use crisis off cooldown with the same puppet.

But you're entirely right, it shouldn't be this way. I use puppetry as my main source of damage and it gets annoying fast. I was thinking it was this way to support the idea of swapping puppets mid-combat but.. meh. it's just broken.