Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

K-Pop MMO

pawcalypsepawcalypse
Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
edited August 8, 2017 in Town Square
I wonder if a publisher would come up with a K-pop MMO game.

You can be a solo artist or be part of a group. You use the power of dance, music, and your voice to defeat monsters and rival artists. You gain more levels and rank up by practicing your singing, dancing and musical talents.

2Lb9jL.gif

You gain bonus stats through your popularity and fan-base. When more people cheer you gain bonuses but when people jeer you lose stats.

You get an agent, assistants (if you gain more popularity), a manager, producers and whatever else your fame and fortune allows.

You can give to charity, hosts funds, parties, fan-festivals and many events to gain fans and their favor. There will also be a lot of drama, scandals, intense rivalry that may tie into some backstory.

Just some random thoughts...
  1. Would you prefer to solo, be part of a group, or collaborate?15 votes
    1. Solo artist
       53% (8 votes)
    2. Group
       47% (7 votes)

Comments

• AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    I adore this idea as much as I adore K-Pop! I've been listening to it since about 5th grade, so it's been a good... 7 years! I enjoy EXO, BIG BAND, 2NE1, 4MINUTE, SEVENTEEN, NCT127, and so much more!
    pawcalypseXxBearslayerxX
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    The idea popped up when I remember you can get 2NE1 costumes and props in Mabinogi. I wish there would be more k-pop bands that get in Mabinogi.
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155
    Sounds like a mobile game. Maybe take a look at the IOS or Android store and see if one exists already haha.
    pawcalypse
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    The idea popped up when I remember you can get 2NE1 costumes and props in Mabinogi. I wish there would be more k-pop bands that get in Mabinogi.

WAT?! SEND SEND!!!!
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    There was an idol game +18 that recently closed down.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    edited August 8, 2017
    Ataraxiz wrote: »

WAT?! SEND SEND!!!!

I remember the Pop Star Set and Rock Star Set is just a few versions of it. The Luxurious Stage Punch Glove and Cute Metallic Maracas are the render weapons that 2NE1 used in some of their music videos. They were part of an old event.
    Ataraxiz

WAT?! SEND SEND!!!!

I remember the Pop Star Set and Rock Star Set is just a few versions of it. The Luxurious Stage Punch Glove and Cute Metallic Maracas are the render weapons that 2NE1 used in some of their music videos. They were part of an old event.

very old
    Ataraxiz
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    Sorry, but it sounds just..odd..
    Ataraxiz
    Sherri wrote: »
    Sorry, but it sounds just..odd..

If it's like a mabi style mmo, it would be a little odd.
    But if it's card collecting/gacha collecting 2d mmo, then it's already been done.
    Ataraxiz
  • KokoroKokoro
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,155

WAT?! SEND SEND!!!!

KR had 2NE1 wigs as well which never came across. You can use them in the simulator.
    Ataraxiz
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Kokoro wrote: »

WAT?! SEND SEND!!!!

KR had 2NE1 wigs as well which never came across. You can use them in the simulator.

It's every K-pop lover's must-have!!

WE NEED THIS BACK!
    pawcalypse
    Kokoro wrote: »

WAT?! SEND SEND!!!!

It's every K-pop lover's must-have!!

WE NEED THIS BACK!

The K-Pop trend reached its peak with Gangnam style. You can see the results after it came to Mabi.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    The K-Pop trend reached its peak with Gangnam style. You can see the results after it came to Mabi.

I remember when the Gangnam Style dance was even put into the game.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

I recall there is an audio file called 2NE1 in the Mabinogi folders as well.

It's not playable, though.
    pawcalypse
  • SheenaSheena
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,515
    Ever heard of audition online? I played that game many years ago and it was good
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Sheena wrote: »
    Ever heard of audition online? I played that game many years ago and it was good

Audition looks interesting; I watched a video of it. The gameplay is what I would call practice or maybe a concert in my concept.
    Sheena
    TNinja wrote: »

I recall there is an audio file called 2NE1 in the Mabinogi folders as well.

It's not playable, though.

But you can find a 2NE1 mabi trailer online.
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Honestly I want the gangnam style dance myself. I don't have it D;
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse

Sadly it was a once in a lifetime event in 2012 - man, I feel old now!

Sadly it was a once in a lifetime event in 2012 - man, I feel old now!

Was it really 5 yrs ago? Man I've had those suits for a long time then.
    pawcalypse