Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

K-Pop MMO

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Leilicia wrote: »
    A good number of music scores made in Mabi are kpop, so it is existing in the game.

Yeah, but not where I am. I honestly don't know many others who even like kpop. It'll be great if I knew anyone else in Tarlach who liked BTS xD but I did manage to get a friend into it.

I say there's just not enough kpop fans playing in the current player base. That may vary between servers, but there has been a decline.

Just like how Gangnam Style was the peak of worldwide kpop popularity, the trend has been much lower since.

Also, the changes in the political atmosphere affects the cultural atmosphere.
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705

I say there's just not enough kpop fans playing in the current player base. That may vary between servers, but there has been a decline.

Just like how Gangnam Style was the peak of worldwide kpop popularity, the trend has been much lower since.

Also, the changes in the political atmosphere affects the cultural atmosphere.

Niche interests have a steep hill to get through to reach the top yet K-pop and K-drama are still gaining popularity worldwide; BTS' new video was #1 on Trending yesterday.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Top trends over a day or some hours in one region for one video does not calculate the gain in popularity worldwide overall for the industry.
    While both are still popular, and will still be popular, it's not something that everyone talks about day in day out like it was a few years ago.

Once there's some political stability again in the world, without a doubt I bet that the focus of people goes back to cultural things, we will see a clear visible climb back with k-pop and k-drama and as long as S Korean conglomerates don't screw up.
    pawcalypse
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 4, 2017
    Yeah, there's nothing about a Kpop MMO involving monsters. Except if you counted SAO mobile's Jpop April 1st event.
    (And you thought gachapons in Mabinogi cost a lot...)
    I wanted to find something on Nexon KR that was close, but all I found was another TCG game with an upcoming CBT.
    Ooh, and they have a FIFA mobile collab with EA Sports, talk about a nice job.
    Oh, and Titanfall Online.