[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why does Nexon hate North American players?

CscrimsonCscrimson
Mabinogi Rep: 670
Posts: 24
Member
in General Chat
Why does Nexon seem to treat North American players like little more than cattle to be milked of all our money? When Korea updates Mabinogi they seem to add extra features that we never receive. Some of these things include, an update to Ninja skills, updated Lorna shop, better premium service. I could go on with the amount of things we are lacking in the NA version of mabi. My question is why? Why lock us out of this content? The code is already there so why not use it and make NA players happy? I'm genuinely confused as to why Nexon does this. I understand why we don't get some events that KR got that pertain to anime (Copy right laws are different in America IE Expensive).

Any thoughts on why they do this and how we can change this?
  1. Do you think North America should receive the same treatment as Korean Mabinogi?78 votes
    1. Yes
       91% (71 votes)
    2. No (If so please explain in the comments i would like to know peoples opinions)
       9% (7 votes)

Comments

  • AlaelorAlaelor
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    Posts: 5
    Member
    From what I seen after coming back to this game, we are slowly getting their updates and some of the major content we are getting faster. I'm not sure what the excuse is now but before it was due to "Local translation issues". Which really bothers me because a lot of features in KR would be great to have here. At the same time it's more then likely the company catering to it's original audience which is the Korean server as Nexon is based from Korea. They also have a vastly larger playerbase then we do.
  • CscrimsonCscrimson
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    Posts: 24
    Member
    Alaelor wrote: »
    From what I seen after coming back to this game, we are slowly getting their updates and some of the major content we are getting faster. I'm not sure what the excuse is now but before it was due to "Local translation issues". Which really bothers me because a lot of features in KR would be great to have here. At the same time it's more then likely the company catering to it's original audience which is the Korean server as Nexon is based from Korea. They also have a vastly larger playerbase then we do.

    Yes but did you ever consider that they have a larger player base because the game in korea has a fairer F2P Model? I have tried getting my friends to play or replay mabinogi but when they see the outrageous cash shop prices ( Ewecca packages for 80 Dollars US or Enchant protection pots for 7 Dollars US) and the amount of money it will take for them to obtain end game gear they just get discouraged. I understand Nexon has been releasing events that give away some of these cash shop items but it just still seems like NA has 0 input on the creative direction that the game goes. I have seen many great ideas on the forums that should at least be reviewed by the DevCat team. It would be nice to see more interaction between the KR and NA teams. The only real interaction NA gets with GMs is when they announce new gachas or content updates and most long time players know about those updates months in advance from watching KR players streaming.
    SherriTheNyanCatpawcalypseItisme
  • AlaelorAlaelor
    Mabinogi Rep: 425
    Posts: 5
    Member
    Cscrimson wrote: »
    Alaelor wrote: »
    From what I seen after coming back to this game, we are slowly getting their updates and some of the major content we are getting faster. I'm not sure what the excuse is now but before it was due to "Local translation issues". Which really bothers me because a lot of features in KR would be great to have here. At the same time it's more then likely the company catering to it's original audience which is the Korean server as Nexon is based from Korea. They also have a vastly larger playerbase then we do.

    Yes but did you ever consider that they have a larger player base because the game in korea has a fairer F2P Model? I have tried getting my friends to play or replay mabinogi but when they see the outrageous cash shop prices ( Ewecca packages for 80 Dollars US or Enchant protection pots for 7 Dollars US) and the amount of money it will take for them to obtain end game gear they just get discouraged. I understand Nexon has been releasing events that give away some of these cash shop items but it just still seems like NA has 0 input on the creative direction that the game goes. I have seen many great ideas on the forums that should at least be reviewed by the DevCat team. It would be nice to see more interaction between the KR and NA teams. The only real interaction NA gets with GMs is when they announce new gachas or content updates and most long time players know about those updates months in advance from watching KR players streaming.

    That is a very fair and accurate. However I will have to disagree your statement on a fairer F2P but only slightly. While we pay for our internet it's a monthly bill and static, while in KR they have to pay hourly for their use. Of course I could be wrong and this has changed but it was like this a few years ago. I very much want all the QOL changes they provided in KR to come to NA. For a /few/ (and a small portion) are good for KR as a whole. As for the outrageous cash shop prices I agree it seems silly to have $80 usd packs and such while it's cheaper in KR. However I feel like that could be because of the natural income for countries and scalling.. At least I feel like thats the reason to justify it from my view (I feel like it's a lame excuse either way)
  • FalskullFalskull
    Mabinogi Rep: 655
    Posts: 26
    Member
    KR isn't the only server that gain new things and yeah sure we may not gain all the fancy stuff that they gain but we do get things that KR doesn't have such as the one a skill but still a passive that we cant rank anymore Sharp Mind. We still have the extra 12 Hp that sharp mind gave and regained the ap used to rank that skill when it was made into a hidden passive. Then there is the PAKE hack issue which was also in NA servers that was a big thing to deal with. Mabi EU got shut down due to this hacking that was going on there and it is the reason why we don't have Nekojima Island (cat Island). i mean we got doki doki island as a event but its not permanent like Nekojima island is to them.

    i dont agree with gaining everything they have because our server would be a clone of theirs then whats the point if there is no uniqueness.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,370
    Posts: 811
    Member
    edited August 10
    Sellers respond to different markets in different ways.
    Just like how McDonald's here only sells burgers, fries, (the usual stuff). In Asia, they offer different types of items on the menu.
    While some people here will respond, how come we don't have that here? Well, to be realistic, if it were offered here, it probably won't make enough money to cover the costs.

    Although online games are a different type of good, a company still reacts the same way. The markets are completely different everywhere, and although it doesn't seem fair to us, they are reacting in a way where they will make money. Each individual player has their own demands, and it will be a very strong demand from a very large number of people for them to offer something. Remember, in the end they need to generate sales and revenue, they're not here to do charity.

    Also, it's difficult for NA because they serve several regions of the world, essentially a global server and so many timezones; while in Asia, each country it's in has their own customer service.

    Just adding this for funnies
    17458326.jpg
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 795
    Posts: 33
    Member
    Cause maybe if there was less salt and whining and more grinding and actually playing we would be worthy of their high and mighty attention?
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,015
    Posts: 488
    Member
    But having better Premium Service doesn't hurt much.


    But hey, they're the ones losing money over it, not us.
    FaithrendImaizumiTwelie
  • ObsimObsim
    Mabinogi Rep: 795
    Posts: 33
    Member
    Agreed service does require a good revamp. I paid for it for years then scratched my head and asked why? not until they do something nice about it, such as get rid of remote admin tickets (to say the least).
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,010
    Posts: 1,579
    Member
    I don't think anyone hates North America and I think you're asking the wrong people.

    http://company.nexon.com/Eng/
  • CscrimsonCscrimson
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    Posts: 24
    Member
    edited August 10
    Obsim wrote: »
    Cause maybe if there was less salt and whining and more grinding and actually playing we would be worthy of their high and mighty attention?

    Hurr durr git gud. Oh boy such constructive criticism.
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,140
    Posts: 293
    Member
    Forgetting the monetary stuff... there's things that we don't have that make no sense whatsoever.

    Such as... the increased draw distance in older Uladh areas and the enabling of flight. (Curse you, Nexon. I was really looking forward to this.) Or how about the increased bank space? Or the ability to sell bigger-ticket items in houses? (Anybody using houses is already paying.) How about the auction system? Our side of the pond is in dire need of it.
    courtneyyDanievictriaFaithrend
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,010
    Posts: 1,579
    Member
    Speaking of stuff ...





     
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,920
    Posts: 296
    Member
    Policroma wrote: »
    Or how about the increased bank space?

    Please tell me more about this increased bank space so I can rage appropriately
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,010
    Posts: 1,579
    Member
    Eralea wrote: »
    Policroma wrote: »
    Or how about the increased bank space?

    Please tell me more about this increased bank space so I can rage appropriately

    We don't really need it (we want it really bad but we certainly wont die without it lol), so long as we can make new characters who come with their own bank space and increase the total gold we can have on our account (5m per character).
  • PannyaPannya
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,020
    Posts: 177
    Member
    edited August 11
    For the same reason they dont upgrade the servers to fix server lag to offer at least a playable game, they dont give a .
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,055
    Posts: 542
    Member
    Cscrimson wrote: »
    Obsim wrote: »
    Cause maybe if there was less salt and whining and more grinding and actually playing we would be worthy of their high and mighty attention?

    Hurr durr git gud. Oh boy such constructive criticism.

    Not to mention we have the same drop rates as kr even though we barely have a fraction of their population.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,605
    Posts: 1,025
    Member
    Maybe because NA players are so much different? Like in Korea, they eat up gachas (or so I heard). Us? Not so much.
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I don't think anyone hates North America and I think you're asking the wrong people.

    http://company.nexon.com/Eng/

    Huh.. I didn't know Nexon ran EverPlanet.
    Well, that's three games I want over in NA.
    MapleStory 2, Closers and EverPlanet.
    When Nexon
  • Unwanted2Unwanted2
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    Posts: 17
    Member
    I don't know if they hates us but they are definitely lazy to bring some of the changes than NA players have been asking for years : VIP update, adding commas between numbers....
    Cscrimson wrote: »
    The only real interaction NA gets with GMs is when they announce new gachas or content updates and most long time players know about those updates months in advance from watching KR players streaming.

    This.
    And most of questions are answered 'We don't know' (aside from questions asked about future content streamed)
    Because they really don't know or do not have authority to tell
    Also I'm pretty sure developers don't read suggestions and feedbacks either and just mindlessly bring contents made in kr
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,605
    Posts: 1,025
    Member
    Unwanted2 wrote: »
    I don't know if they hates us but they are definitely lazy to bring some of the changes than NA players have been asking for years : VIP update, adding commas between numbers....
    Cscrimson wrote: »
    The only real interaction NA gets with GMs is when they announce new gachas or content updates and most long time players know about those updates months in advance from watching KR players streaming.

    This.
    And most of questions are answered 'We don't know' (aside from questions asked about future content streamed)
    Because they really don't know or do not have authority to tell
    Also I'm pretty sure developers don't read suggestions and feedbacks either and just mindlessly bring contents made in kr

    Oh, there is no doubt they don't read Suggestions and Feedback. ;p
  • jjeremyjjeremy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,945
    Posts: 140
    Member
    Nexon NA is awesome. The staff are awesome. The updates are awesome. The events and rate of evens are awesome. I can't even remember the last time there WASN'T an event happening!

    Getting KR things to work on the NA servers takes a lot of work and the NA staff might not even be qualified to do some of that stuff. The servers may just simply not be able to do certain things, I dunno, I've not looked at any of the server software and hardware. It would be nice to get more updates, but I'm sure if it were easy then Nexon NA would have done it.

    Anyone who was on the EU servers will tell you (after going S.a.r.l): They [seemingly] had no staff, they had no updates (not even security updates), they had no events. Some times the servers broke and no maintenance or server reboot was done for over a month, so it was stuck broken. Over the whole life span of Mabinogi EU @TNinja hosted more events than Nexon did!
    Sherri