Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Capture the Watermelon event "issue".

Comments

• BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    Pretty sure this event has always been on a timed schedule like this. Given that they just updated rewards, this doesn't really surprise me.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 11, 2017
    Buffalos wrote: »
    Pretty sure this event has always been on a timed schedule like this. Given that they just updated rewards, this doesn't really surprise me.

Yeah i remember that this event has been always like this. But i hoped that Nexon might change the time on it, but meh... Seems like i had too big expectations... :x
    Helsa
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Not to mention people with speed boosts like fleet feets have an advantage over everyone else.
    Greta wrote: »
    Okay seems like time on this event is not the only issue here. I forgot that thing is best to do with Elf... Also Style Tab hides your team outfit so you can pretty much get confused who is who. Not gonna play it again...

There are... team outfits?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    As an elf, I'm happy I'm good at something xD Lolno

Funni Melon Stori;
    So my friend and I tried out our first CTW match. She got home from work and managed to get on for at least one round.
    Since we dislike lots of people, we played on channel 6. Not many people were there. Well, we were the only two there for a good while.
    Two others came and joined our team so we just ran melons back and forth for a bit and chatted.
    Then like 10 minutes or less, two other people came in and joined red. When we camped them, they got butthurt and were saying how we were camping and how we weren't 'good'. They said we were edgy for disliking people. Honestly, my friend and me could honestly care less.
    So they rage quit and were saying things like "thats more people on my blacklist. I'm making a lot of enemies today."
    Pfft and they called us edgy?

Either way, morale of the story; don't play an event on a dead channel and expect to win as the opposing team, especially with less than 10 minutes in, like those morons did. 9dnGeIh.png
    TtheHero
  • GretaGreta
    Sherri wrote: »

Funni Melon Stori;
    So my friend and I tried out our first CTW match. She got home from work and managed to get on for at least one round.
    Since we dislike lots of people, we played on channel 6. Not many people were there. Well, we were the only two there for a good while.
    Two others came and joined our team so we just ran melons back and forth for a bit and chatted.
    Then like 10 minutes or less, two other people came in and joined red. When we camped them, they got butthurt and were saying how we were camping and how we weren't 'good'. They said we were edgy for disliking people. Honestly, my friend and me could honestly care less.
    So they rage quit and were saying things like "thats more people on my blacklist. I'm making a lot of enemies today."

Either way, morale of the story; don't play an event on a dead channel and expect to win as the opposing team, especially with less than 10 minutes in, like those morons did. 9dnGeIh.png

Yeah that's pretty normal thing to see/hear at such events lol. Also i kinda got salty too when about half of my teammates decided to leech afk this event and our team was losing badly because of it.
    Helsa
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Greta wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

Funni Melon Stori;

Yeah that's pretty normal thing to see/hear at such events lol. Also i kinda got salty too when about half of my teammates decided to leech afk this event and our team was losing badly because of it.

I would get salty if my team AFK'd too. Despite the salt coming from the other team, I enjoyed the match I was in because nobody was afk. Some people had a chair and sat down but there was actual friendly convo between each other. Plus the fact they got melons before doing so.

Because I'm an overachiever, I kept going until I got 25 points so I could get the 'most points' shout out to make myself feel good lol, every time i ran back, i saw my team talking with each other and it was nice

Not exactly on topic here, why I spoiler it buut;
    Honestly, this whole game gives me vibes of that Annihilation game mode on the Shotbow Minecraft server. Both team based and have objectives, you got to work together.. I like games like those. Until a rotten apple comes in and is either butthurt or hacks. Which is bound to happen anywhere on the internet.

I know somebody is gonna be that person but yes haha I play Minecraft im a baby
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I really would like it if the times were changed. My boyfriend works overnights so he will never had a chance to play the event.
    Xiokun
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    events like these just being people to be at each other's necks, but one conclusion is, not only is it the fault of players but MOSTLY Nexon's fault for a poor design of the event lol
    Unwanted2
  • GretaGreta
    Did anyone even managed to pull off Fine Reforge at this point?
    Helsa