Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Control bars and special upgrades

InsaneOasisInsaneOasis
Mabinogi Rep: 1,250
in Help
Hello, I'm hoping to get some advice about special upgrades. I currently have r1 engraved control bars with an artisan upgrade, however, I believe that I'd like to give them special upgrades instead. According to the wiki, it says that demonic illusion control bars can get special upgrades, but it has nothing more about other types, so can anyone confirm if it's possible even to upgrade other control bars? Also, after upgrading, are you still able to further enchant and reforge your weapons? And lastly, would you recommend red upgrade stones for critical damage, or blue upgrade stones for max and min damage for control bars?
Thanks for your time. ^^
  1. What upgrade stone do you recommend for control bars?8 votes
    1. Red upgrade stones
       100% (8 votes)
    2. Blue upgrade stones
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    edited December 28, 2016
    I'm not too sure about which control bars can get special upgraded, but I know demonics can.

Artisan and Special upgrades are separate, you would do an Artisan first, and then the Gem Upgrades (if applicable), and then the last step is special upgrading.

After Special upgrading, you can still enchant and reforge your weapon, so don't worry too much about that.

One tip I would give you is to get one to Red Step 6 before enchanting or reforging, because you don't want to enchant and reforge your weapon only to have it potentially destroyed during the special upgrade process to step 6.

I have always done Blue stones for magic weapons, and Red stones for everything else, I believe a lot of people go by this as well.

Hope this helps!! Good luck!
    InsaneOasis
  • InsaneOasisInsaneOasis
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,250
    Thank you so much for the reply! It has been very helpful. ^^

I have tried to give my bars a special upgrade before and was only greeted by a sign saying I was unable to. I thought that maybe when you had one upgrade (like artisan), perhaps you couldn't get another kind of upgrade, but now I suppose it's just the bars that I use.