Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please help.

ComputerManComputerMan
Mabinogi Rep: 500
edited August 16, 2017 in Technical Support
Hello there,

So i installed the game three hours ago and haven't been able to play since then :')
Let me explain my problem :

So i have been successfully able to create a character and get in the soul stream. Then a nice npc called Nao spawns, i proceed to right-click her and select "start conversation".
That's when things get a little bit frustrating.... at this point, i have experienced two possibilites, either the game stops and goes back to the very first main menu or the dialogue box appears after a minute or two, gives me a choice of things to ask Nao, i choose one..... and then i get sendt to the main menu anyway...
I have been trying to get past this a great number of times now and begin to consider giving up.... please help me, i would really like to play this game :')

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE: I also get an error message telling me "server cannot be reached" and bringing me back to main menu as well... I'm in France, am i doomed to be out of reach forever ?? D':

Comments

• SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    edited August 16, 2017
    Im not sure if steam is an option for you in your region but if you are able to download steam and download mabinogi through steam I would recommend trying that. Nexon Launcher has constantly caused me probelms with crashing as soon as I pick my character while Steam allows me to login fine although I do crash after maybe 10 or 15 minutes with graphic related issues.

If steam isnt an option you may want to check and make sure your computer has all the latest updates to the operating system and browser plugins. I believe Mabinogi runs best through Internet Explorer so might want to check if any updates are needed there. Also check that your default browser is set to internet explorer.

You may also want to check that your computer meets minimum system requirements as outlined on the support page. For graphic card you must have at least 512mb virtual memory though Id recommend at least 1 gb (1024mb) virtual memory to assist with loading large graphic files associated with the game.

If all that does not resolve the issue you may need to put in a service ticket through support customer service page. You will need to create an account for it so you can login and check on your tickets. Nexon may need you to run some tests on your computer to help determine what the cause is.

Hope this helps you.
  • ComputerManComputerMan
    Hello Samuelalex, thank you for your answer :)

I investigated a little and discovered some things,
    Mabinogi is not available on steam in the EU.
    That is because Mabinogi EU was shut down years ago....

So.... yeah.... if i'm right, that's what causes all the problems i have encountered... and ends my journey in this awesome looking game that is Maginobi... Sadness.

If there are european players that see this, please prove me wrong.

PS: Regarding my setup, it's fully able to handle Maginobi.

Thank you for your help again, Samuelalex.
    I'll keep this discussion updated on my situation, and the solutions i might find. not giving up yet.
  • SamuelalexSamuelalex
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,350
    Thats a bummer that you cant use steam. You may want to try repairing mabinogi using the nexon launcher. Should have a setting wheel when you select the game and click repair. If you are missing any files it will try to reinstall them. I hope you are able to figure out what the problem is so you can play ^^
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Hello Samuelalex, thank you for your answer :)

I investigated a little and discovered some things,
    Mabinogi is not available on steam in the EU.
    That is because Mabinogi EU was shut down years ago....

So.... yeah.... if i'm right, that's what causes all the problems i have encountered... and ends my journey in this awesome looking game that is Maginobi... Sadness.

If there are european players that see this, please prove me wrong.

PS: Regarding my setup, it's fully able to handle Maginobi.

Thank you for your help again, Samuelalex.
    I'll keep this discussion updated on my situation, and the solutions i might find. not giving up yet.

Which server did you set up for character?
    Sometimes the server can act weird.
    If all fails, you can submit a ticket to Nexon on this link for support, there should also be livechat. Nexon NA is in US Pacific timezone if you need to find the right time. Tickets could take longer to respond, but there should be solutions available once the problem has been figured out.
    http://support.mabinogi.nexon.net/
  • ComputerManComputerMan
    UPDATE !!!!!

After a month i tried to play the game again and surprise !! it works perfectly !!!
    I guess time was the answer... Anyway i'm so happy to play this game :D

If anyone is looking for an apprentice or a new guild member, or just someone to play with, send me a message :)

thank you again for your help Samuelalex and Kensamaofmari !
    Have an awesome day :)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    UPDATE !!!!!

After a month i tried to play the game again and surprise !! it works perfectly !!!
    I guess time was the answer... Anyway i'm so happy to play this game :D

If anyone is looking for an apprentice or a new guild member, or just someone to play with, send me a message :)

thank you again for your help Samuelalex and Kensamaofmari !
    Have an awesome day :)

Great that you could finally get onto the game. Maybe, it was a launcher issue.
    Have fun and enjoy!
    ComputerMan
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    If something should happen in the future you should probably try resetting next time, like NX launcher has a repair option(gear button on the launcher) and the registry(default.reg in the game folder). Sometimes during downloading and installation it hiccups and doing either of those things helps repair the damage done.

Welcome to Mabinogi.
    ComputerMan
  • ComputerManComputerMan
    Thank you for the advise :)