Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How does Dan ranks affects life skills?

ShouKShouK
Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
in Help
Can someone who already got the ranks share their effects? Like magic craft, blacksmithing and engineering items. Does the chances of getting high roll increases? I'm reluctant to craft my own gear like the tribolt wand since the stats are totally random and those expensive mats would go to waste if you get a low roll..

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I think for Magic Craft and Hillwen Engineering it affects the success rates, minimum quality, and maximum quality.

For stuff like Blacksmithing, Tailoring, and Potion Making, I'm leaning towards it only affecting success rate.
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    I have Dan 3 Blacksmithing and Tailoring (from before the change). I'm not really sure of what benefits there are, but what Iyasenu said is probably correct. Though, a quality bonus would be nice, too...
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    Why the heck this ended up in help section..
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Cause it's a help question.

Dan 1 blacksmithing gives +1 min damage to weapons, Dan 2 blacksmithing gives +1 min and max to a weapon, and dan 3 blacksmithing gives +1 min, max, and crit to weapons.

Dan 3 blacksmithing also adds +1 defense (The pop up says prot, but it's defense.) to smithed armors, helmets, and boots, as well at +1 protection to smithed shields and gloves.
    Kokoro
  • ErikaErika
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,420
    Curious where you found that info. Good to know they DO add to stats. o:
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Erika wrote: »
    Curious where you found that info. Good to know they DO add to stats. o:

I had dan 1 blacksmith when the content came out, and I crafted stuff every rank to test it. The additional stats are appended onto the "Skill rank bonus." when crafting.

It's possible that the bonuses for gloves, helmets, shields, and boots may have come before dan 3, but unlikely. Armor for sure doesn't get anything until dan 3.
  • SeikakazeSeikakaze
    Mabinogi Rep: 910
    @Marith Thanks for this, was wondering if it was worthwhile besides the success rate.