Check out the patch notes for the June 18th content update, My Little Pet: http://forums.mabinogi.nexon.net/discussion/23192/
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Dan tests are unbalanced and unfair

Comments

• HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Mabinogi Rep: 12,900
    edited August 26, 2017
    Blortad wrote: »
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    Oh, so I guess we're just ignoring the part where it says the phrase "using madbomb122’s script" then huh? If literally telling you in plain english to run a script written by an alias is somehow not telling you to run a script then I guess this isn't a forum, these aren't complaints about aggravating bugs and features, mabinogi's netcode isn't the most useless piece of trash ever mislabeled as functional, and there should never be anything done to fix it.
    Oh.. you mean the registry files I mentioned.. yeah .. they are prepacked for lazy douchecanoes who cant write their own files. (or are two lazy to read the list at the bottom of the page and decide for themselves what to leave on and what to turn off. ~ ... I'm done talking to you ... --
    PowerShell Script: “One click adjustments of service settings” that were previously done with my registry files and online Custom Services Registry Creation Tools are now adjustable. ~

Exactly, prepacked by some random guy, the purpose of its creation and what its presented as doing are irrelevant. Unless you have an amount of expertise adequate for determining whether a script is malicious or not for yourself, downloading any script from a non-professional third party source, and sometimes even from some professional third party sources, can be dangerous.
    You're literally asking me to call you names aren't you? Do you not know how github works? You can read the contents of all files without downloading them. - The post was meant to help you. If it doesn't fine. If it does later on when you get it together and actually read it .. fine..

lets not turn this into an idiots debate full of trolls and total stupidity ....

YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE A SINGLE REGISTRY SCRIPT TO LEARN FROM WHAT I PROVIDED YOU.

USE THE LIST AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR YOUR SYSTEM, TO LEARN WHAT EACH RUNNING SERVICE IS.
    LATER ON, WHEN YOU LEARN ABOUT WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING AT, YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN REGISTRY FILES.

THEY ARE, HOWEVER, NOT NECESSARY, AND ARE ONLY PROVIDED AS A CONVENIENCE FOR NON-IDIOTS.

• BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,190
    Oh, so I guess we're just ignoring the part where it says the phrase "using madbomb122’s script" then huh? If literally telling you in plain english to run a script written by an alias is somehow not telling you to run a script then I guess this isn't a forum, these aren't complaints about aggravating bugs and features, mabinogi's netcode isn't the most useless piece of trash ever mislabeled as functional, and there should never be anything done to fix it.
    Oh.. you mean the registry files I mentioned.. yeah .. they are prepacked for lazy douchecanoes who cant write their own files. (or are two lazy to read the list at the bottom of the page and decide for themselves what to leave on and what to turn off. ~ ... I'm done talking to you ... --
    PowerShell Script: “One click adjustments of service settings” that were previously done with my registry files and online Custom Services Registry Creation Tools are now adjustable. ~

Exactly, prepacked by some random guy, the purpose of its creation and what its presented as doing are irrelevant. Unless you have an amount of expertise adequate for determining whether a script is malicious or not for yourself, downloading any script from a non-professional third party source, and sometimes even from some professional third party sources, can be dangerous.
    You're literally asking me to call you names aren't you? Do you not know how github works? You can read the contents of all files without downloading them. - The post was meant to help you. If it doesn't fine. If it does later on when you get it together and actually read it .. fine.. -- but don't make a fool of yourself or try to make one of me ..

My whole point is that being able to look at the files contents beforehand does you no good at all unless you know exactly what it is you're even looking at in the first place, and if you are well versed enough to be able to determine that then its very likely that you need neither that guide nor the easymode script in the first place anyways. Unless you genuinely know what you're doing, downloading anything from third party sources can be potentially harmful, that goes tenfold for third party sources that are just some random guy who made a thing. Even all that aside, once again, no other game I have ever played requires you to dig through a giant list of crap to maybe disable. Mabinogi requires this only because of its horrid netcode, which was designed for a smaller geographical region and wasn't adjusted much if any at all for the larger region that the NA servers cover. Not everyone who plays mabinogi is going to be literate enough with a computer to even begin to attempt any of the tweaks necessary for this game, let alone feel comfortable with doing it. That is why this sort of thing is SUPPOSED to be ironed out by the devs, and generally is with pretty much every other game that exists.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 27, 2017

You're literally asking me to call you names aren't you? Do you not know how github works? You can read the contents of all files without downloading them. - The post was meant to help you. If it doesn't fine. If it does later on when you get it together and actually read it .. fine.. -- but don't make a fool of yourself or try to make one of me ..

My whole point is that being able to look at the files contents beforehand does you no good at all unless you know exactly what it is you're even looking at in the first place, and if you are well versed enough to be able to determine that then its very likely that you need neither that guide nor the easymode script in the first place anyways. Unless you genuinely know what you're doing, downloading anything from third party sources can be potentially harmful, that goes tenfold for third party sources that are just some random guy who made a thing. Even all that aside, once again, no other game I have ever played requires you to dig through a giant list of crap to maybe disable. Mabinogi requires this only because of its horrid netcode, which was designed for a smaller geographical region and wasn't adjusted much if any at all for the larger region that the NA servers cover. Not everyone who plays mabinogi is going to be literate enough with a computer to even begin to attempt any of the tweaks necessary for this game, let alone feel comfortable with doing it. That is why this sort of thing is SUPPOSED to be ironed out by the devs, and generally is with pretty much every other game that exists.
    I don't know if you're missing what I said or purposely ignoring it. You do not need any of those scripts to use what I gave you. Not one. ~ and no, you are not being led to download any of them either. They are clearly marked (per purpose) and sourced for those who understand what they are. The fact is, you can create your own registry scripts for this in notepad .. nothing malicious about it..; just a bunch of on and off keys.

I imagine you probably think these files are full of spaghetti code no one can understand .. and you would be wrong .. ~

• BlortadBlortad

I don't know if you're missing what I said or purposely ignoring it. You do not need any of those scripts to use what I gave you. Not one.

"Even all that aside, once again, no other game I have ever played requires you to dig through a giant list of crap to maybe disable."

"Not everyone who plays mabinogi is going to be literate enough with a computer to even begin to attempt any of the tweaks necessary for this game, let alone feel comfortable with doing it."

Looks like an answer to that point to me. Shouldering this kind of thing on the players before they are able to get the game to a playable state is not a solution to a problem caused by their sloppy netcode.
  • BlortadBlortad

I don't know if you're missing what I said or purposely ignoring it. You do not need any of those scripts to use what I gave you. Not one. ~ and no, you are not being led to download any of them either. They are clearly marked (per purpose) and sourced for those who understand what they are. The fact is, you can create your own registry scripts for this in notepad .. nothing malicious about it..; just a bunch of on and off keys.

I imagine you probably think these files are full of spaghetti code no one can understand .. and you would be wrong .. ~

It doesnt have to be spaghetti code nobody can understand for it to be a bad idea to download something without knowing for sure what it is, nor does code have to be spaghetti for the average mmo gamer to be unable to understand it.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 27, 2017

I don't know if you're missing what I said or purposely ignoring it. You do not need any of those scripts to use what I gave you. Not one.

"Even all that aside, once again, no other game I have ever played requires you to dig through a giant list of crap to maybe disable."

"Not everyone who plays mabinogi is going to be literate enough with a computer to even begin to attempt any of the tweaks necessary for this game, let alone feel comfortable with doing it."

Looks like an answer to that point to me. Shouldering this kind of thing on the players before they are able to get the game to a playable state is not a solution to a problem caused by their sloppy netcode.
    Whoa stop. I didn't give you that information solely for Mabinogi. I don't know what gave you that impression, but, it was never my intention. I gave you that information to help you speed up (optimize) your system yourself (without forking over your paycheck to some cheese face at geek squad). Apply what you learn there to all of your everyday Windows usage .. regardless of the games you choose to play. There is a crap ton of useless stuff running on your system .. I can just about guarantee it. ~ :)
    It doesnt have to be spaghetti code nobody can understand for it to be a bad idea to download something without knowing for sure what it is, nor does code have to be spaghetti for the average mmo gamer to be unable to understand it.
    For the last time. You are not being asked to download anything, and can learn what you need to know at the bottom of the config pages. If you want to, you can download this website (the one you're on right now)... but omg ... dont do that ... you might get the "nexon worm" ......... :D

• BlortadBlortad

Whoa stop. I didn't give you that information solely for Mabinogi. I don't know what gave you that impression, but, it was never my intention. I gave you that information to help you speed up (optimize) your system yourself (without forking over your paycheck to some cheese face at geek squad). Apply what you learn there to all of your everyday Windows usage .. regardless of the games you choose to play. There is a crap ton of useless stuff running on your system .. I can just about guarantee it. ~ :)

You provided that as a solution to the lag that plagues this game making some of the dan tests impossible. I didn't say those ONLY work for mabinogi, I said that mabinogi is near unplayable WITHOUT a bunch of stupid system tweaks when no other game is like that. Will the same tweaks improve performance in other games? Absolutely. Do most other games require them for the game to be reasonably playable? Hell no.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 27, 2017
    You provided that as a solution to the lag that plagues this game making some of the dan tests impossible. I didn't say those ONLY work for mabinogi, I said that mabinogi is near unplayable WITHOUT a bunch of stupid system tweaks when no other game is like that. Will the same tweaks improve performance in other games? Absolutely. Do most other games require them for the game to be reasonably playable? Hell no.
    Hundreds of thousands of games benefit from the reduction of useless services hogging RAM. ~ Please buy new wood for your bridge. :D

• BlortadBlortad
    You said, and I quote, "I imagine you probably think these files are full of spaghetti code no one can understand .. and you would be wrong .. ~" I did not, even once, say that you are required to sue those scripts. All I was saying is that the speghettiness of that code is irrelevant to my point.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Hundreds of thousands of games benefit from the reduction of useless services hogging RAM. ~ Please buy new wood for your bridge. :D

That is literally exactly what I said, its right there in the quote you made. I said that most games will BENEFIT from it, but only mabi REQUIRES it to be able to do things like dan 3 mag.
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695

That is literally exactly what I said, its right there in the quote you made. I said that most games will BENEFIT from it, but only mabi REQUIRES it to be able to do things like dan 3 mag.

It's not a requirement.
    Hardmuscle
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 27, 2017

That's true and at the same time ... that's not completely true .. sigh .. Mabinogi isn't the only one .. and look how this turned out .. I gave you a list (not a script) of what to turn off and what to leave on ... and you tried to make a fool out of me for it.. --- .have you at least turned off the memory hog Windows Search (Indexing Service)? You can do this in one of three places; the Control Panel > Indexing Service, or services.msc (via Run) disable Windows Search in the list and change the start up value to disabled, or edit the registry. (I bet you take one of the first two options after this discussion, but that doesn't mean everyone else will .... -- some of these folks are pretty darn special upstairs .. lol)...

• BlortadBlortad

It's not a requirement.

When you lag so bad without it that getting one of your skills ranked up the rest of the way becomes completely impossible, that would mean that it is required to rank that skill. If that skill happens to be a critical part of how you play the game, then that means it is required for you to play the game. Logic, I know its hard.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    Logic, I know its hard.
    You said it .. not me .. :D

• BlortadBlortad

That's true and at the same time ... that's not completely true .. sigh .. Mabinogi isn't the only one .. and look how this turned out .. I gave you a list (not a script) of what to turn off and what to leave on ... and you tried to make a fool out of me for it.. --- .have you at least turned off the memory hog Windows Search (Indexing Service)? You can do this in one of three places; the Control Panel > Indexing Service, or services.msc (via Run) disable Windows Search in the list and change the start up value to disabled, or edit the registry. (I bet you take one of the first two options after this discussion, but that doesn't mean everyone else will .... -- some of these folks are pretty darn special upstairs .. lol)...

That and more actually. tcpnodelay, superfetch, and more enough that I dont care to list them all even if I could remember every one. Once again though, if you were to give those instructions, step by step or otherwise, to an average pc gamer, a good chunk of them would be too scared of messing things up to even attempt it themselves and handing them a script written by joe blow writessomecode isnt any better.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 27, 2017

That and more actually. tcpnodelay, superfetch, and more enough that I dont care to list them all even if I could remember every one. Once again though, if you were to give those instructions, step by step or otherwise, to an average pc gamer, a good chunk of them would be too scared of messing things up to even attempt it themselves and handing them a script written by joe blow writessomecode isnt any better.
    ~ but ..I obviously didn't .. give those instructions to 'an average pc gamer' ..... ~ now did I ... ? B)

I sense a bit of backpedaling in your tone. ~ -- Your idea of script and mine are worlds apart .. -- ..

~ and he's hardly a joeblow .. lol (joegenius maybe).. -- Are you familiar at all with Avanquest (aka VCOM)??

https://www.google.com/search?q=BlackViper

• BlortadBlortad

~ but ..I obviously didn't .. give those instructions to 'an average pc gamer' ..... ~ now did I ... ? B)

I sense a bit of backpedaling in your tone. ~ -- Your idea of script and mine are worlds apart .. -- ..

~ and he's hardly a joeblow .. lol .. -- Are you familiar at all with Avanquest Security ??

You posted it on a public forum, whether me or anyone else specifically is average or not is irrelevant because plenty of average gamers will see that link to what they are being told (accurately or otherwise, that is irrelevant) is a solution to the lag currently making their game impossible to play and will either blindly click the script if they have no sense of caution or will refrain from attempting anything on that page and will simply give up on either that specific thing or the entire game. Those people, which there are more of then you would expect, are the reason why the devs are supposed to work these things out so average gamers don't HAVE to step outside their comfort zone with their expensive piece of technology that they don't fully understand and likely want very much not to accidentally break. Whether there is any chance of that actually happening with any given case is irrelevant.
  • HardmuscleHardmuscle
    edited August 27, 2017

~ and he's hardly a joeblow .. lol .. -- Are you familiar at all with Avanquest Security ??

You posted it on a public forum, whether me or anyone else specifically is average or not is irrelevant because plenty of average gamers will see that link to what they are being told (accurately or otherwise, that is irrelevant) is a solution to the lag currently making their game impossible to play and will either blindly click the script if they have no sense of caution or will refrain from attempting anything on that page and will simply give up on either that specific thing or the entire game. Those people, which there are more of then you would expect, are the reason why the devs are supposed to work these things out so average gamers don't HAVE to step outside their comfort zone with their expensive piece of technology that they don't fully understand and likely want very much not to accidentally break. Whether there is any chance of that actually happening with any given case is irrelevant.
    No. What's actually happening here is you're having a hard time sucking up to the fact you can correct (compensate for) the lag on your end.

You are required (unless you have parental permission) to be 18 years of age to play Mabinogi. ~ Stop acting like we are in preschool. :D

• ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    Imagine if Blortad spent the kind of effort he puts into his posts into actually improving his game and connection. My, my, the possibilities.
    HardmuscleFelice
  • BlortadBlortad

No. What's actually happening here is you're having a hard time sucking up to the fact that you can correct this on your end.

~ Goodnight Blortad!

No, I HAVE corrected it on my end. I really dont lag terribly badly. The whole point of all this, as I keep trying to say, is that not everyone has that option be it because of their own comfort level with system tweaks, their region, or whatever other limitations they may have. If you're wondering why im so adamant about this if it doesnt impact me personally its because you're wrong, and it does. It may not impact me directly, but the game being in this state with content this hard thats impossible to make easier means less people will play it in the longrun and it will only maintain its reputation for horrible unmanagable lag and multitudes of unfixed bugs. If the game gets less players and maintains its bad reputation resulting in even less players still, the game might eventually go the way of NA Grand Chase or EU Mabinogi and close, forcing em to start over at the very least. I like this game and would like it to be around for as long as possible, and it would be able to do that much more effectively if the devs would pull their heads from their collective asses and either make the content so ti can be done with lag or spruce up the netcode so the lag isn't so much of a problem for people who are computer illiterate.
This discussion has been closed.