Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Attendance Event

Comments

• EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    NekoLily wrote: »
    TheNyanCat wrote: »
    The game does warn you about getting your stamp early but the announcement could have done a much better job of explaining things.

It doesn't warn you if you login and press the Get Stamp after a few seconds. This is why almost anyone that hit BEFORE the 1 hour mark has only 5 points. No warns for a few seconds/minutes

How few is "a few seconds"?

I clicked it as soon as my client loaded and received a warning at 16 seconds. It asks you if you want to forsake the higher level rewards. It's not very clearly-worded, but there is a warning.

xjbRP.png

If your game loads faster than that I want your pc *m*

Unrelated note: This is the account I use to spy play on other servers. Apparently the timer and points are cross-server, so Eralea of Tarlach and Eralea of Ruairi share a timer and attendance board. Not really important, I just thought it was neat.
    KingEphy
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    Now. My boyfriend tried to do this one too before the 7am PST timing and got the 1st day stamp. But now he can't have anything as "the second day" didn't have the timer starting.
    If the reset was already in effect, then why it counted as day one?
    Eralea wrote: »

I clicked it as soon as my client loaded and received a warning at 16 seconds. It asks you if you want to forsake the higher level rewards. It's not very clearly-worded, but there is a warning.

-imgcut-

I did not get any warning. Zero. Just a stamp and nothing more. I assume because the timer didn't even start as it was costantly 00:00:00
  • LidrsterLidrster
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,830
    I did not get any warning. Zero. Just a stamp and nothing more. I assume because the timer didn't even start as it was costantly 00:00:00

I didn't get any warning, nor did my gf, even if it was several minutes after login.
    And obviously, we both got 5 points.
  • MiunaMiuna
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,705
    Now. My boyfriend tried to do this one too before the 7am PST timing and got the 1st day stamp. But now he can't have anything as "the second day" didn't have the timer starting.
    If the reset was already in effect, then why it counted as day one?

-imgcut-

Good thing NekoLily is trying to explain it but it's sad that you guys don't believe anything just because it wasn't your case.
    I took few minutes to get the stamp (as I went to get fresh water while my character was loading) and there was NO warning, ZERO, NADA, NOTHING. If it's different for others why not assuming it was because your timer actually moved instead of thinking be lying so we don't look like dumbs who didn't read a warning and just pressed ok ok ok or something of the like?
  • DingigraphiDingigraphi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,935
    The only issue i have with this event would be the whole waiting thing. Yesterday i clicked that button not knowing i would get more points. now i know it talked about a better reward. But the issue with that is Not many people want to wait an hour just to claim there points. Wether i like it or not im doing this event for that pet >.<
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 25, 2017

Same here. Mine constantly said 00:00:00 as well. To be honest I thought I had to click the collect button to start the sequence. I thought it would then start ticking and I would get a prize at the listed intervals.

Don't get me wrong, I don't care (for myself) as I don't need any of the prizes. In fact, I recently went through and deleted pets just for less chaos. I just want people to know they aren't alone.
  • EraleaEralea
    You never said the timer wasn't working at all, just that "it doesn't warn you if you press the Get Stamp after a few seconds".

But yeah that's a pretty crap glitch if the timer itself wasn't moving... if that's the case, I suspect that it wouldn't have mattered how long you logged in since it wasn't even tracking your time.
  • NekoLilyNekoLily
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,335
    You never said the timer wasn't working at all, just that "it doesn't warn you if you press the Get Stamp after a few seconds".

But yeah that's a pretty crap glitch if the timer itself wasn't moving... if that's the case, I suspect that it wouldn't have mattered how long you logged in since it wasn't even tracking your time.

How can I say if something doesn't work if I don't know how it should work?

It was something that I could see as not working after the reset happened and I logged in again (and seeing how it should work, aka seeing the timer counting the seconds - something that I did not see yesterday), before that I only knew the warning button didn't even appear and, as you can see on the thread, I'm not the only one that did not receive any warnings, with not everyone stating the "broken" timer.
  • EraleaEralea
    Yeh fair enough. It's not like we can see each other's screens or read each other's minds, so the only thing anyone can go by is whatever info the other person provides. It's good that your event is working now.

Putting the glitches aside, I am so in love with how this event was executed I don't even care if I don't get a pet. It's so fantastic that the timer doesn't reset when my internet disconnects (the cause of much frustration in previous afk events). It starts itself again after midnight instead of requiring me to relog to reset it. And I don't have to choose between my characters, I can play and claim the stamp on any of them.

I wonder if there are any other events where they can safely nix the main character requirement.
  • BlortadBlortad
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,490
    Can we PLEASE get confirmation from a gm on whether spending my points will make me unable to get the scooter or not, this is not even remotely clear.
  • YokkaichiYokkaichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,145
    Blortad wrote: »
    Can we PLEASE get confirmation from a gm on whether spending my points will make me unable to get the scooter or not, this is not even remotely clear.

It's already been confirmed in this thread that spending attendance points will not affect the overall points you've gained toward the scooter.
  • YukiTsukiYukiTsuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Is anyone else having trouble with their attendance button that opens the attendance window?. My friend Seppen and I went AFK while we waited for the hour to go past by leaving our computers on and when we came back both our clients had dropped out to the login screen and now when either of us click the button it does nothing, no window popping up, nothing.
  • EdethaEdetha
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,625
    Any chance for an extension on this event? I'm evacuating for a hurricane in under ten hours, and I'm not sure if I'll have internet for a while.
    Bhujerba
  • YukiTsukiYukiTsuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    Seems we hadn't gotten the latest patch because we both had not closed our clients :P
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    I think he wants the pet. You can buy the pet later when shop has the pet adoption medal, but who knows how long it'll be before then.
    [Deleted User]
  • LeiliciaLeilicia
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,220
    Yeah of course, evacuating for that is always first.
    [Deleted User]
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited September 12, 2017
    @Edetha They extended it. Good going Nexon. I know you Floridians and other have tougher things to do than play video games, but there was no obligation, and I think we all, regardless of location, appreciate the thought, thanks @Saygo

Edit: I meant the entire team.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Awesome Nexon. This works out in my favor too even though I live up north. :p
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    So, does the upgrade stones expire, or?
  • ShouKShouK
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,735
    TNinja wrote: »
    So, does the upgrade stones expire, or?
    Can confirm it doesn't expire.