Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can't connect FTP or server to busy?

MashiMotoMashiMoto
Mabinogi Rep: 520
in Technical Support
Trying to patch my game but it won't let me?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    If your trying to run the game through the launcher, try direct launching the mabinogi.exe. This was a problem for some people after the last update and how they got it to update.
    MashiMoto
  • MashiMotoMashiMoto
    I'm launching directly through mabinogi.exe but it always gives me the same ftp error.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Have you added all relevant exe's as exceptions in your anti-virus, firewall and DEP? Sometimes routers will 'glitch' and block such communication for no reason. A reset is all it would need to correct it (if your router allows exceptions it's worth adding them for all needed exe's too). Also windows can and will increase your PC's security settings without notifying you. Resetting your security level back to the default level in the security tab in your internet options may fix your problem.
  • MashiMotoMashiMoto
    Would the relevant exes be the client.exe and mabinogi.exe, or would i have to include the guards too
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited January 2, 2017
    If possible, I would just include the Mabinogi folder to your exceptions if it's your anti-virus.

However, what you could try since you're doing it directly from the .exe file is to try loading it from the launcher. Once it's updated in the launcher, it should have updated the .exe file as well. Had this issue a while back when the .exe file had a corrupted update patch while the launcher somehow didn't?
  • WertherWerther
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I am having this same problem and I have been with him for days. I made a thread to consult it, but they last an eternity accepting it, I mention it here.

The launcher says "Can not connect FTP" and then "an error occurred while extracting". Does anyone know how to fix it?