Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

EU Lag issues with Dan test

SpyxersSpyxers
Mabinogi Rep: 730
edited August 25, 2017 in Help
Hey everyone,

Anybody else in EU who's having problems passing the Dan advancement tests? Stuck in Dan 3 Combat Mastery for a while (Need SS), I've never really complained about internet at all while playing Mabinogi, but this is ridiculous.

I saw a guy trying the test, living in NA with decent internet. Even he was struggling a bit. But let alone people in EU... I'm just wondering if I'm the only one trying to keep my mind sane after trying over and over, rubber-banding and slow skill casting all over the map. I have decent internet, and like I said, I never complain. But these Dan tests while living in EU...
It's just really hard to do everything with the latency. :/

Does anybody have any tips for Combat Mastery advancement test? I head smashing was the best thing to do (Hoping for crits as well) or WMing if there are 3+ mobs at least.

Comments

• SpyxersSpyxers
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Hardmuscle wrote: »
    I'm not in Europe ... but ... have you disabled Nagle's Algorithm?

~ Wikipedia: "This algorithm interacts badly with TCP delayed acknowledgments, a feature introduced into TCP at roughly the same time in the early 1980s, but by a different group. With both algorithms enabled, applications that do two successive writes to a TCP connection, followed by a read that will not be fulfilled until after the data from the second write has reached the destination, experience a constant delay of up to 500 milliseconds, the "ACK delay" (kill it, kill it with fire). For this reason, TCP implementations usually provide applications with an interface to disable the Nagle algorithm." ~ Mabinogi does not disable this (like most modern online games do); we have to do it manually or live with it.
    If you're comfortable using regedit; instructions are here: http://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Lag#Disabling_Nagle.27s_Algorithm

Yeah, I definitely did before. Thanks for mentioning though.
    [Deleted User]
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    edited August 25, 2017
    I'm afraid there doesn't seem to be any reliable method of doing these more difficult dan tests in the EU region (or anywhere, if you just have a bad connection to the server.)

I would simply suggest perseverance, but not everyone's in-game gold wallet can handle 15 attempts.

The system of having multiple levels of "pass." when you effectively require the highest level of pass to actually pass is a poorly conceived design. The way it should work (And the way I thought it would work, given the descriptions I saw when looking at KR translations) was that getting SS would expedite the process of getting Dan 3, for example, 6 days if you can only get A, 3-4 if you could get S, and 2 if you were able to get SS. This is the /only/ way the tiered success system makes sense.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    I'm on the other side of the world - New Zealand, about as distant from California as Europe is - and can't do the more time-sensitive tests either. As far as I'm concerned, they're just another gold sink.