Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Curse you flies

foussiremixfoussiremix
Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
edited August 27, 2017 in Town Square
Do you know how hard it is to take a nap on your couch or playing on your laptop or watching TV when a fly constantly lands on your arms and legs and tries to get in your ear.

Its so horrible.

Even with sticky traps, there are still some left.
Greta[Deleted User]

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 27, 2017
    Do you guys know these fruit flies? I freaking hate them. You come in to grab a fruit, but suddenly a huge cloud of small flies fly away from your fruit bowl. Smh.
    [Deleted User]
  • AtaraxizAtaraxiz
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,910
    I actually haven't seen any this year at all o-o
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    A few of them are hanging out around my computer (where I am the majority of the day). I saw a moth last night, flying around. So fluffy. ^ ^
    I saw a house spider on my wall too, no idea where it went though. Nothing really comes in my room so it might not get much food to eat, so I hope it's okay.
    Other than that,.. I think I have seen a few ants crawling around. The only ant I worry about is carpenter ants, since they eat wood.
    I like watching sugar ants crawl around and eat sugar off the counter, but mom grounds me for doing that.
    Greta
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    Even worse when they like to hang around your face
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    I get flying ants through my window and they just love my TV and monitor screens. Small flying insects are annoying, but it sucks more when they bite back at me.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    I saw a centipede today and tried to rescue it so mom wouldn't kill it, but it got away. :(
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    Greta wrote: »
    Do you guys know these fruit flies? I freaking hate them. You come in to grab a fruit, but suddenly a huge cloud of small flies fly away from your fruit bowl. Smh.

you can easily get rid of fruit flies with soup on apple cider in a small cup. you should also remove all fruit that they flew off. becuase their probably a nice lil comb of babies in their
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    What about that one gun advertised on TV? The one that's apparently made to shoot insects without harming anything else (cause I guess it shoots salt or something)?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    House flies have grown accustomed to humans and are increasingly not afraid and more durable to swatting.
    Fruit flies appear when 1 fly lays eggs on the fruit and the grow from it. Usually when the fruit is overripe and begins to ferment and decay.
    Even if the fruit is still good for eating, you must always wash it to make sure. Also, by putting fruit together in a bowl, they emit chemicals causing everything in that bowl to ripen faster thus causing the faster decay process. You can see this usually with bananas.
    Sherri wrote: »
    I saw a centipede today and tried to rescue it so mom wouldn't kill it, but it got away. :(

Centipede's poison can be deadly if they sting you, also it's an insect that humans and most animals cannot consume. But chickens are immune, so people usually get chickens to take care of centipede infestations.
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I get flying ants through my window and they just love my TV and monitor screens. Small flying insects are annoying, but it sucks more when they bite back at me.

For normal ants, flying ones are usually drones (males), or they could be termites, or if a large number ants suddenly have wings and fly, then there could be an environmental problem nearby.