Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Back from Hiatus, wish for help please

DarknessEclipsedDarknessEclipsed
Mabinogi Rep: 415
in Alexina Chat
So it has been about 8 months since i was last on Mabi, with MusicQ being the last event i was part of. With the changes that have passed and my lack of knowledge on what i was doing, I have 2 options:

1)Restart a fresh character, allows me a clean slate to work with, but much longer grind.

2)Return to my original character, only ttl 800 or so. She has decent but randomly spread, skills. Off hand i do believe she is high rank bard, master archer, high rank combat, but mixed in about everything else. Do keep in mind these all remain unranked by 'abusing' the new player skill reset.

Either way my plan is to grind out some Life skills, they are useful and provide good stats to AP ratio, but grinding is boring alone and getting some supplies are tricky for a low level. SO...I'm hoping to meet people on this forum or maybe a willing guild to take a player under their 'wing' to turn into a mean lean Life skill machine :3

Any help is appreciated, even simple tips and advice on what my best route is and which character idea is better

Comments

• FutabuFutabu
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    Hi there~ I'm returning as well and I'm not too high leveled, but I've been playing on and off for a decade now. I highly recommend you don't start fresh, unless you want to play as a different race. Since you're ttl 800ish you can still use Duncan's skill resets to start clean and refocus your skills. Don't think of it as abuse, its there to help you experiment and decide what you like best.

Archery is pretty good but because of how it works in the game, it can be unreliable. I recommend cutting out Close Combat and investing those points in magic, if only bolt spells (Ice Bolt recommended) to have a reliable back up in case RNG fails you with archery. Your bard skills should be giving you INT which should make you well prepped for magic. What are your interests in terms of playstyle? I can probably give better advice based on that.

Life skills are very grindy from what I remember, so if you're planning on leveling one, understand that its basically a gold sink. It sounds like you know this, so its probably a good idea to establish a stable source of income beforehand. You can note/add Hosuka in-game, and we can talk/hang out more, I'll be on tonight after 8 EST, or you can let me know your IGN and a time that works for you and we can figure it out. :>
  • DarknessEclipsedDarknessEclipsed
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    I'll send a Friend request later, as for play style I prefer to play backline support. The issue is that on high leveled raids I never see that as an option (I watched never joined) and I feel the healer and support kind of character becomes obsolete once your up to 2-3k TTL because they become mixed class by then and the idea of a role in the normal RPG essence falls off.
  • Clovis15Clovis15
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,780
    I'd honestly suggest you stay with the level 800 character, and just keep plugging forward.