Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Increase Attack Damage

Saunga1Saunga1
Mabinogi Rep: 100
in Help
Hi there, I've recently started playing again after a few 'years' and have thus essentially started training my character from the ground up for the most part. However, one of the things that caused me to walk away the first time was the lack of any real progress in terms of damage output or damage dealing. I'm strictly a close combat type of player, utilizing dual swords.

The more experienced players know that the "combat power" factor plays a heavy role regarding categorizing your enemies and thus training your skills efficiently. (I.E. if combat power is too high, powerful enemies will not be labeled accurately when compared to your character; leaving you getting beaten by a power monster while not being able to properly train your skills because it is labeled as "Strong" instead of "Boss".)

That being said, after much, MUCH, research, I've learned that having skills that are too high ranked in comparison to your character's stats can result in this exact problem (i.e. Rank 1 Sword Mastery but still with low Strength stat resulting in Goblins labeled "weakest" but still strong enough to beat you in 2-3 hits.)

That being said, I started focusing on certain combat skills but only up to a certain rank to prevent accumulating too much combat power. I realize this sounds redundant but my original mentality (which was dump a lot of AP into combat mastery and other combat based skills and little AP across various Life/Magic skills resulted in my game play coming to a 'literal' grinding halt.)

My character stats are as followed (stats in parenthesis are base stats from what I understand):

HP: 195 (136) || MP: 87 (52) || Stamina: 105 (87) || Strength: 184 (121) || Int.: 49 (34) || Dex.: 100 (86) || Will: 101 (92) || Luck:49 (47)

Damage: 109~145 || Magic Attack: 7 || Injury Rate: 9.0 ~ 24.0% || Critical: 24.1% || Balance: 80% || Defense: 32 (30)
Level: 402 (Cumulative) || AP: 567

Skills:

Defense: F || Smash: 9 || Counterattack: 4 || Ranged Attack: F || Windmill: 7 || Final Hit: F || Combat Mastery: E || Critical Hit: F || Assault Slash:F
Sword Mastery: 4 || Heavy Armor Mastery: F || Bow Mastery: F || Dual Wield Mastery: 6

Rest: B || Campfire: F || First Aid: B || Herbalism: B || Potion Making: D || Production Mastery: D

Talent : Senior Warrior

Needless to say some of these may change but for now I posted the stats and (most relative) stats as accurately as possible.

With that, what I'm looking for is advice on how I can start dishing out damage that no longer borders triple digits; I wanna start dealing out damage that's in the 200 ~ 300's LOL. Yes, I know that's gonna require a lot of time and effort, but at this point the lack of progress is leaving my gameplay sorely lacking in the 'fun' department.

So any advice to improve my damage dealing/damage output I'll gladly accept.

P.S. at this point, I'm basically trying to improve certain Life Skills like Herbalism, Potion Making, and (in the future) Black Smithing. But for now, whatever I can do to improve my damage output.

Comments

• MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    If your goal is to get damage in the 200-300's soon then there's an easy fix that won't require combat power. The music skill "Lullaby" will put enemies to sleep and provide a flat damage increase; at rank 1 lullaby will add 300 damage while allowing you to readjust since the monsters will be sleeping. You get a quest to obtain it once you obtain rank F "Playing Instrument" which you get upon equipping any instrument (the lute will be the easiest to obtain). If you also rank "Song" to rank 5 (obtained by equipping a microphone) you can use lullaby without a microphone or instrument.

Some high damage weapons from gachapons sell cheaply since they can't be upgraded like proper late game items so I would recommend buying one of those from the player marketplaces in Belvast or Dunbarton (or the auction or housing systems).

You have a lot of AP though so you could rank up some important skills like Smash and Windmill. Final Hit is a big hitter too, but ranking that up will make your CP go up too. Your total level is under 1000, meaning you can also go to Duncan and ask to reset your skills for free. This will make your skills temporarily go down to F rank I believe but you'll lose any progress on current skill ranks (say for life skills, if you were halfway to rank A you would lose that exp) but you can rank back up to whatever rank you had unlocked and rank-up AP is refunded as well. This can make your CP plummet and training becomes easier.
    Saunga1
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    If you want to hit harder as a warrior, then start by focusing on your warrior skills.

You seem to have left combat mastery and critical hit at low ranks. These are probably the two most important skills in the game in terms of damage and they're easy to rank up too.

Don't worry too much about skill CP, only 2 skills can ever actually directly contribute to your CP at any point int time. Stat CP is what really counts long term and that's most significantly affected by strength and HP. If you want to get noticeably stronger without affecting your CP, better equipment's the way to go, but I don't know how affordable that is for you right now.

Honestly though, not being able to take more than 3 hits from goblins isn't that bad at your level, and familiarising yourself with the game's mechanics will help you improve a lot faster than ranking life skills for stats.
    Saunga1
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Megasoul wrote: »
    "Lullaby" will put enemies to sleep and provide a flat damage increase; at rank 1 lullaby will add 300 damage

I was just gonna say that myself. =b d=
    If you want to pad an extra layer on that though: Support Shot - Lullaby - Whamo!

• OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    Level all of these skills https://wiki.mabinogiworld.com/view/Stats_and_Skills#Strength
    After they are all ranked your strength stat should be around the 774 mark
    Increasing your max damage by 193.
    However you probably won't have enough ap to do so.
    So i highly recommend getting every talent to Expert level.
    Doing this will give you around 4600 ap.
    Making it much easier to work with leveling up skills.
    Also when training skills since you are under 1k TTL you can reset all your skills for free at duncan.
    Which in term will reset your cp to as low as a beginning character making it also super easy to level cp skills.
    JazmynSaunga1
  • Saunga1Saunga1
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    To all those who contributed their time and knowledge. I just wanna say, thank you. I have applied most of what has been provided here and I have seen an incredible difference in my damage output. And that's because I still have a ways to go, such as better equipment and such.

Once again, I thanks all of those who've provided their knowledge to this subject and hope to continually receive further knowledge.

Thanks again!