Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Re:zero boardgame ticket box.

Comments

• TetosanTetosan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,035
    Opalthira wrote: »
    Why bother complaining about the event then if you're not getting gold from it?
    There are 17 titles you get 30 tickets
    You can obtain 3 titles from the events
    So thats 13/17 titles plus a puck.
    On top of the luck of getting the perm coupon from rng boxes (which one person on one server has gotten 3 of)
    Makes it so you can buy everything from this event even with the cap...
    What are you complaining about?

This event is being completely fair.

We're complaining that it's BS to have the Event give Items you can't actually use. If they wanted to limit it to 1 Ticket per day, they should've made the Board harder to complete or any wins past the 1st a day gives a Random Box instead of a Ticket Box you can't use.

If they wanted to make Items harder to obtain they could've just raised the Ticket price a lot.
    I don't complain about not being able to get something out of the Event, i'm complaining about a 2x2 Item wasting Inventory Space but you know the minute you destroy them, Nexon is going to pull up something that would've made them useful.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited August 15, 2018
    On top of the luck of getting the perm coupon from rng boxes (which one person on one server has gotten 3 of)

Because it is affecting me and maybe I'm a completionist and want 17/17 titles + Perma Puck without relying on RNG. Last I checked, my RNG has been complete crap. Why are you using examples of a few lucky people to justify it for all?
    JazmynMizukiHayama
  • KittyplayKittyplay
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    This is just my assumption of it, but I think it may have to do with a reward/punishment type of thing going on for active players vs. casuals. Active players that log in every day can open the limited 1 ticket per day box, and if they manage to get the perm Puck coupon by nearing the end of the event, they can use the extra 1 ticket per day to exchange for the Lucky boxes. Whereas casuals that are not able to log in every day have to rely on the extra amount of days given in the event in order to get the perm Puck coupon, or rely on RNG of the Lucky boxes if they choose that route. I don't really think it has anything to do with deterring multi-clienters, because they would have made it like how the CP Meowbinogi was (I think the CP version might end up being harsh on high CP lvl players who don't want to skill reset because of dan tests). Again, this is just my guess.
  • KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited August 15, 2018
    Kittyplay wrote: »
    This is just my assumption of it, but I think it may have to do with a reward/punishment type of thing going on for active players vs. casuals. Active players that log in every day can open the limited 1 ticket per day box, and if they manage to get the perm Puck coupon by nearing the end of the event, they can use the extra 1 ticket per day to exchange for the Lucky boxes. Whereas casuals that are not able to log in every day have to rely on the extra amount of days given in the event in order to get the perm Puck coupon, or rely on RNG of the Lucky boxes if they choose that route. I don't really think it has anything to do with deterring multi-clienters, because they would have made it like how the CP Meowbinogi was (I think the CP version might end up being harsh on high CP lvl players who don't want to skill reset because of dan tests). Again, this is just my guess.

That does fall in line with my theory that this is a calculated move on Nexon's part to increase their login and active player rates which is a good KPI to give to investors. So I can see that making sense in that regard.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    You people already complain about prices as it is the prices are fair.
    Yet don't care if people use 10 alts and get 10-100mil for free.
    Basically generating crap tons of gold for no work.
    but w/e
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Tetosan wrote: »

We're complaining that it's BS to have the Event give Items you can't actually use. If they wanted to limit it to 1 Ticket per day, they should've made the Board harder to complete or any wins past the 1st a day gives a Random Box instead of a Ticket Box you can't use.

If they wanted to make Items harder to obtain they could've just raised the Ticket price a lot.
    I don't complain about not being able to get something out of the Event, i'm complaining about a 2x2 Item wasting Inventory Space but you know the minute you destroy them, Nexon is going to pull up something that would've made them useful.

Its a crossover event.
    They never redo crossover events so feel free to delete them.
    Its not like there were 30 threads for the beach event giving out 1-2 Special coins you cant use.
    Delete them when the event is over and forget about them.

Because it is affecting me and maybe I'm a completionist and want 17/17 titles + Perma Puck without relying on RNG. Last I checked, my RNG has been complete crap. Why are you using examples of a few lucky people to justify it for all?

Then buy them.
    Otherwise get an alt because its not against ToS.
    Greta
  • TetosanTetosan
    Kittyplay wrote: »

My GF and her Sister really don't play Mabinogi much, they just stay logged in while out, spin the wheel, get the Ticket, then close Mabi till the next day.
    So this assumption, while maybe possible, sounds a bit odd. It's not like you need to actually play the game to get your daily ticket.
  • TetosanTetosan
    You people already complain about prices as it is the prices are fair.
    Yet don't care if people use 10 alts and get 10-100mil for free.
    Basically generating crap tons of gold for no work.
    but w/e
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Its a crossover event.
    They never redo crossover events so feel free to delete them.
    Its not like there were 30 threads for the beach event giving out 1-2 Special coins you cant use.
    Delete them when the event is over and forget about them.

Then buy them.
    Otherwise get an alt because its not against ToS.

I have 3 Theories about you

1. You have a Rare Item from the Event and fear it becoming worthless.

2. You are a stuck up Rich kid who spends 1000$ a month on Gacha and feel threatened by the possibility of others becoming rich in a cheaper way

3. You just like to oppose people.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    edited August 15, 2018
    A) I have no items from the i just heard how people are all gonna buy 60 boxes at the end of the event just to make a retarded amount of profit
    B ) Gacha items have nothing to do with this, as well i the only time i bought anything in mabi in the past 8 months was this gacha
    C) I play the game and understand how it works. Not my fault if people think me explaining things to people is like a personal attack.
    Greta
  • TetosanTetosan
    A) I have no items from the i just heard how people are all gonna buy 60 boxes at the end of the event just to make a retarded amount of profit
    B ) Gacha items have nothing to do with this, as well i the only time i bought anything in mabi in the past 8 months was this gacha
    C) I play the game and understand how it works. Not my fault if people think me explaining things to people is like a personal attack.

Those people are only going to make a profit if luck is on their side and there's not suddenly an influx of the 'rare' items.
    Heck Permanent Pucks already go for 5m. That's like the Cheapest Support Puppet available.

But you're right, they're going to make a bunch of money, Fashionogis aren't the smartest beings alive. They'll overpay for worthless trash.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Those people are only going to make a profit if luck is on their side and there's not suddenly an influx of the 'rare' items.
    Heck Permanent Pucks already go for 5m. That's like the Cheapest Support Puppet available.

But you're right, they're going to make a bunch of money, Fashionogis aren't the smartest beings alive. They'll overpay for worthless trash.

But technically they will profit if they price it at 1 gold since there is no cost to get the boxes.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    I mean Blue prisms were 500k before the masterplan event.
    Then when it started they went up to 5mil.
    Demand = higher prices.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I mean Blue prisms were 500k before the masterplan event.
    Then when it started they went up to 5mil.
    Demand = higher prices.

If demand exceeds supply that this.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305

That's a lot of assumptions, even the rarest stuff from this box is like 4m... at best.

I sold a perm puck ticket for 5m, and one for 8m it's like 3m right now. Day one of gacha's is very lucrative if you know what you're doing, last time battleborn outfits were in gacha I bought several for ~500k each and sold them all off a month later for 2m each. It's pretty easy to make gold, and events like this that encourage making alts don't help.

The only other thing I'd like to discuss is 900m being enough to max out. It definitely isn't enough, with most r7 weapons being well over 100m, even more if they're celtics. Good level 30 echostones are also 80m+ a pop depending on rolls/reforge. Divine weapons are also around 160m to craft, not upgrade, not enchant, not step upgrade, just to craft and if it's awful rolls guess you best be saving to make another one. Gonna do a quick breakdown, assuming you're the luckiest player alive here as well.

Enhanced Hillwen x2 = 160m (4m is pretty cheap for gold crystals as well)
    Shining Metal Shard x10 = ~6m
    Medal of Victory x5 = ~3.5m
    Broken Blade x1 = ~5m

Now you've crafted your divine blade with good rolls, and your running current total is 174.5m. Next step, special upgrades.

Red Upgrade x5 = 1m
    Protective Red Upgrade = 3m
    Protective Eweca Red Upgrade = 50m

Again, assume you're super lucky your new total is 228.5m

Enchant time!

Divine Magic Powder x2 = 1.5m
    Enchant Protection x2 = 4m
    Conqueror Enchant x1= 2.5m
    Meteoroid x1 =30m

Only reforging left, 266.5m as a running total, gonna assume you buy 150 reforges to get it to rank 1, and the desired reforge as well (this is extremely unlikely as well) to slap on another 45m (assuming 300k ea)

Hey look, your divine blade is finished (while having the worlds best rng possible) for only 311.5m, which is a little over 1/3rd of your gold. Now about getting to 40k...

A mix of rb/forgetful pots and really good deals on both of them lets say from level 1 you're somehow able to do no where to run elite, and have an unlimited supply of NtR passes as well and each rebirth costs you 3m. (repair fees included, not included, the gear needed to run this). That's 266 rebirths, rounded to 267. In the time it takes you to level, you get 47 rebirths for free, so only 660m on rebirths. 971.5m so far, at a very unreasonable rate of RNG, and buying rb pots.

My point is 900m is an absolute truck load of gold, but it's also assuming you're very lucky, you find buyers, and you have a place to keep that much gold too, but it won't max you out by any means. And the divine blade isn't even erg'd yet either to boot.
  • OpalthiraOpalthira
    900mil was the max profit margin for 5mil sales 180 times its beyond a normal player and its beyond people dedicated enough to do the event on alts.
    (Which isnt hard cause its a 100% afk event).
    A more reason able price might be the 540mil range for 3 mil sales 180 times but that means you have to have a drop everytime.

The numbers are exaggerated because it focuses on maximum drop rate.
    But it doesn't mean that people are not gonna make at least like 30mil from this event or even more especially with 60(x Xalts) boxes.
    This was just me trying to address the concern for uncapping the boxes.
    Hellkaizer
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 15, 2018
    To be honest, I would've liked to see Re:Zero outfit boxes as part of the event's ticket trade.
    But I guess nothing added into the code is just beyond Nexon protocol to even take into consideration.
  • FoxgirlkatieFoxgirlkatie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,055

hmm its not like some of us just want the new event items like the perma puck coupon and maybe the new sword.

hmm us wanting the event items and not money Crazy idea isnt it? who would a Thunk it.
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    As someone who doesn't utilize alt charas, RNG board events like these are my nightmare. Just today alone I've lost spins from landing on spin decrease at least 10 times and then out twice. I barely have time to get the PC set up to afk for puck spins before or after I head to work and I think I've already missed out a day already so my total ticket count is already down. RNG is already such a fickle mistress and this limitation of opening 1 box per day isn't helping some of us.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I don't understand what's the issue here. People can't afford to keep a 2x2 space for a box? Or they are just greedy enough to want open it all? Have no idea...
  • SyaohartSyaohart
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,660
    edited August 15, 2018
    Greta wrote: »
    I don't understand what's the issue here. People can't afford to keep a 2x2 space for a box? Or they are just greedy enough to want open it all? Have no idea...
    Personally, my issue is that I don't think I can get online every single day to open a box so I'm probably going to miss out on a few tickets. Just want to experience this event as much as I can in all possible aspects it allows, including rewards. So yeah it's pretty much greed, but we all have desires so nobody can say they aren't greedy in any way, shape or form.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    I don't really see the problem. Having extra boxes is having something called insurance. Like, in the event you go a day without managing to complete a board, you still have a box or two you can open.

And, obviously, the limit on boxes is to prevent most players from having more than one permanent puppet.

Greta