Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

☆═━┈ Mabinogi Q&A! ┈━═☆

ElfyElfy
Mabinogi Rep: 1,780
in General Chat
Hello everyone! (๑´▽`๑) ✿ I hope you're doing well.
I've been on hiatus on and off through-out the years, and I've never really involved myself much in the forums.
So I wanted to ask some questions that you might enjoy sharing with others.
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––୨୧࿐
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ How long have you been playing Mabinogi?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ How did you come across the game?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ In all your days of playing Mabinogi, what is the one thing that you love the most about this game?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ What is your favorite event?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ What events would you like to see in the game?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ Who is your favorite NPC? Why?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ What is your favorite talent?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ What is your favorite race?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ What talents would you like to see in the future?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ What races would you like to see in the future?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ What server do you play on?
˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ What content would you love to see come out for Mabinogi?
courtneyy

Comments

• KingofrunesKingofrunes
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    edited August 15, 2018
    I guess I've had my account for 10 years but quit for 2 years so I guess over 8 years would be an accurate number

Advertised on Basilmarket. I was playing Maplestory at the time. Was instantly in love with it after watching the first trailer for the game and thinking, this reminds me of runescape.

˚₊· ͟͟͞➳❥ In all your days of playing Mabinogi, what is the one thing that you love the most about this game?
    Cooking and Music hands down. Those have always and always be my 2 favorite things.

Manus Potion Event. Nom nom nom tasty potions

Konosuba Crossover please :O

This is a hard one to choose. There's so many good NPCs. For now I'll say Talvish. I just love how coy he is. He's also pretty handsome. There's just a certain air to him that I just love.

Magic and Chain. Then again, regardless of MMO I will always pick magic. I just really like magic. Magic is Everything. Chains are also fun and pack a good punch

Humans, jack of all trades, master of none.

Please no more talents, we have enough thanks D:

Drawves, Gnomes, or maybe even some Fairy creatures

Mari

A really good dungeon revamp that makes the hour running them worthwhile. Maybe do away with the RNG passes and guarantee a pass at the end of each run
  • MizukiHayamaMizukiHayama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,730
    Should have added your answers as well :).

Not sure exactly (I do remember being around moongates only at night thingy, personal shops just for VIP tho), been on and off a lot until last year; Since then I have been playing everyday, learning and training when I have the time ^^.
    I had an online Lithuanian friend which introduced me to the EU server a whiiiiile back (Ah, if I remember correctly elfs and giants weren't a thing in EU yet when I started)
    Most of everything, the fact that it does not restrict you to a single class like most MMOs
    Hmm, hard one here. I personally like both AFK and non AFK events because I play the game if I feel like it or AFK around so either is good. The Non AFK ones give me an incentive to do something that day if I'm not feeling in the mood.
    I've heard of Doki Doki a lot, was not around for that one, I'd like to give it a try~ at least for that flight.
    Anju I think. She is an adorable Clutz. And to be honest every character in G19-21. The new guy (cannot spell his name) not as much as the rest simply cause I have not yet to interact a bunch and learn what his dealio is. Hope to see him around later on :).
    Hard one again. I have mostly used Chain and want to better myself in Bard, getting new titles and things to increase my Effects.
    Well...I'm human so I'll go with that, though all have their strongs. Human is more in the middle.
    Saw someone mention Necromancer once in Suggestions, that sounds interesting <3.
    To be honest, more people. I am not mad at gachas or the content; Just, would like more people to enjoy it and play it for more than 5 minutes before saying they hate the Graphic or the Combat style. (Tried getting ~3 people into it, only one stayed)
    Alexina
    Not sure. I like seeing just what comes around and be all excited :D
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    1. Since 2010
    2. Introduced by friends
    3. Finding places to relax, lore, food. Life skills.
    4. Doki Doki island
    5. Moar Doki Doki or Nekojima
    6. Can't play favs, there are several I like/
    7. Cooking
    8. Equally liked including fomors
    9. There are infinite possibilities for talents still out there.
    10. Dwarves
    11. Mari
    12. More Celtic lore.
  • PanPan
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,165
    edited August 16, 2018
    1. '08.
    2. MapleStory.
    3. Havoc from exploits.
    4. Liar Game Event.
    5. New ones.
    6. Alissa.
    7. Puppetry.
    8. Elf.
    9. Something game-breaking.
    10. None.
    11. Alexina.
    12. Surprise me.
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    edited August 15, 2018
    I forget the year exactly but since late G3. I remember horses had just been released and they were all the rage having mounts you could ride on to get around quickly.

Searching for free MMORPGs to play on Google I think.

The classic combat system back when skills loaded.

Hillwen Nightmare.

More newbie-mid level player friendly events that are fun to do. Afk events are fine in between since this game is in a never ending "event" state nowadays, but they shouldn't require a heavy input from the player like the balloon event. Attendance events are my 2nd favorite type of event because it means I get to focus on playing the game instead of "playing" the event.

Meles because of her theme.

Archery.

Human.

Something that doesn't power creep existing talents. Especially not multiple talents and by doing similar things without really adding anything to the game fundamentally. (Staring hardest at Chains, but other talents are guilty of this as well.)

I'd like to see the current races balanced well.

Alexina.

The latest content we've been having is a nice mix between mid and end game goals to work on, as well as QoL fixes/change which I'd like to see more of. I'd also really like to see more bug fixes.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited August 15, 2018

About 8.5y now

Best friend back then showed it to me

Not restricted to one class/skillset

Oof that's a hard one... Ice Fishing Event (nom potions and gems) or Zombie Attack Event (would be boring now though, everyone is too OP)

SKILLS UNCAP, INCLUDING MANA SHIELD!

Lassar, dem red hair *-* so cute

Mage/Chains/Cooking

Giants, although I play elf :<

Mana Shield uncap talent.

Uhhh... None?

Alexina

Mana Shield uncap...
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    Yay a Q&A!

September 2008

I seen an ad for it and thought, "Oh, that looks fun, I'll give it a try." I was going through a phase where I was really into anime art/photoshop.

The never ending cycle of leveling and rebirthing. I feel like I'll never run out of things to do. Also, I have always loved that this game does not restrict you to one skillset like most other MMO's.

I can't just name one because there's so many so my top favorites: Meowbinogi (not this nerf'd crap we have now), Iria Treasure Hunt, 10x exp event (it was a short lived one time thing a few years ago), any of the treasure chest events, Manus Fishing Event, and I thought it was awesome when they did that hot time event where they gave out ducats+gold in chests as well as someone won like 50/100m I think it was?

Any of the ones listed above. Pretty much all that motivates me to play is waiting around for good events.

Edern. No real reason why, I just like Bangor and Edern is who I like to repair with.

Any life skill talent. The main reason I kept playing mabi was for the life skills.

Humans.

That's a hard question. Really I just wish the combat skills that we have now would lose their CDs. I sort of miss the way skills were in g1 minus losing health to windmill that was awful. As for a specific talent, I don't have any ideas especially after seeing the G22 Apocalypse sneak peeks.

I would love to see Gnomes or Dwarves. I love tiny creatures. (looking through other comments before I even post this, it looks like a few others want this too!)

Tarlach

My major hope is that Nexon revamps service SOON. I seen in KR they have adv play attached to the bank tabs now from what I can tell. I get sick of logging in each character everyday just for a chance at dyes, bank coupons, and full restores. Everything else I just toss. Oh, and let's not forget housing has gone down the pooper, so I look forward to a fresh revamp for that too!
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited August 15, 2018
    Hi, Elfy. I'm Fluorette.

I've been playing since a little before the Pioneers of Iria came out. Unfortunately, I don't remember when that was exactly, but it was probably around 8 years ago.

Surprisingly enough, I actually don't remember. I think my sister and I were playing Maplestory and I decided to give Mabinogi a try.

Definitely the lore and story content. It's what keeps me playing... and dreaming.

↳ Hard to say since I've only started playing again almost 2 years ago (therefore I'm sure I missed a lot of good ones), but I really liked the Capture the Watermelon one since it encouraged you to be actively running. I usually ended up being the underdog on the losing team.

I'm not sure. Possibly something along the lines of the Little Orphan Alyn event where you actually learn to bond with an event NPC.

I like quite a number of NPCs, so it would be hard to pick a favorite. I think almost everyone does their job playing a part or bringing something to the table.

I'm not sure if I have a favorite talent. Every Talent I've used has become part of the normal routine and therefore mellowed out, although I still do enjoy them somewhat.

I think all the races revealed in game so far bring interesting lore to the table, therefore I have no favorite.

No comment. Whatever is carried by the wind will be carried by the wind, and I'm fine with that.

As far as playable races go? When I was far younger, I for some reason thought mermaids would come after Elves and Giants... but I see why that's not feasible, hehe. I'm not really worried about this, so whatever comes, comes. Now, for races as part of the lore? I don't believe the story has tapped into the Nemedians, so it would be pretty interesting to see Mabinogi's twist on them.

I play on the Mari server.

I would personally love to see more storyline content come out for Mabinogi. I've noticed that devCat has gotten better with handling it in a number of aspects, so I imagine the story will only get better from here.
  • violetkittvioletkitt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,670
    Milfena or Milly
    For about ten years now, wasn't given a beta key when this game was released so I had to wait a few months til then ^_^
    I was downloading Maplestory and Nexon was introducing their new game "Mabinogi". The Lorna and Pan Guide videos were the best and have soo much heart and nostalgia
    I've mainly played for the social aspect of the game, then have left due to drama. I now play the game for solely the game only, but I'll be social from time to time.
    Doki Doki Island
    More Server based events where you join other players to complete events.
    Kaour, Moody but cares deeply for his friends and others. Has a soft side that's nice to see from time to time
    My all-time favorite Talents are Magic, Bard, and Chain Blade.
    Elven Race, the beautiful squishies
    Nexon, you've given us sythes. Please give us a Talent for them
    Nekos/Furries
    Mari Server
    Please for the love of god Nexon! The Option for Elves to have a darker skin tone would be great.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited August 16, 2018
    Since closed beta, so over 10 years.

Was searching for a new game to play with my brother and happened across an advertisement for the upcoming game. Eventually my brother quit Mabi for Eve Online when that started up but I played both for a time.

The skill system. Training and ranking skills was a unique accomplishment which balanced actually using the skill and leveling up pretty well (at least for a few years).

The liar event was pretty awesome because it gave out the marquez pierce outfit I had wanted for a long time. It wasn't exactly fun though. The amazing race is another one I'll never forget since it never really came back past 2008.

Events with more story and options to them. Most events are just "go do a thing." While I love free stuff like reforges, it would be cool if they added more event depth. Oh and anime events. More of those.

Arenen because he's hot. Simon because he's fabulous. Ferghus because he'll destroy you.

Archery has a special place in my heart, though it's pretty obsolete for humans. Chains are extraordinarily fun to use so I'll say that.

Out of the three, humans. Though I do wish we had more of a faction system in the game, I'd much rather side with the fomors (albeit that's not a race).

A real defender talent that utilizes shield skills.

A playable fomorian race would be interesting, otherwise I think the community would probably jump at some animal-human hybrid race(s).

Ruairi

Spirit weapon revamp

courtneyy
  • YuechiiYuechii
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,045
    "....Just call me Yue....not you...."

10 Years I believe :o

Was getting into playing Maplestory and saw the beta for Mabinogi, Lorna and Pan tutorials pulled me in

I suppose being your own character and being able to do whatever you wanna do!~

Halloween Party Event!! LOVE HOW SPOOKY IT WAS~ MUAHAHAHAHAAA!!!

Waterballon/Pillowfights PvP events!!

<3 Caswyn <3 Gotta love the guy despite his crude attitude, He's just a big loveable dork~

I love bard class!! A golden classic that always brings players together old or new alike!

Elves~ Fear our cute ears!!

I think it'll be best for Talents we have now to be improved instead n.n;

Mermaids.. u.u

Mari Server!!

Mermaids....or an outfit for it... [COUGH]
    violetkitt
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    8 years, something like that anyway.

Friend at school

That it's classless, and I can max everything

Prob cat bingo, or the star chip one anything I can farm really.

GM content streams, where our gms or upcoming cm just plays through the game

Cichol, because he blew up the prophets. I really found them annoying.

Alchemy, it's a shame it's terrible without erg and reforges.

Elf. Giants look gimpy.

Polearms, Actual spellswords, proper cleric

None, but I might quit if we ever got a "furry" race. After playing ESO and GW2, and the amount of 18+ rp done in public disgusted me. Didn't help that the self identified furries in my guild constantly talked about how hot their wolf or whatever was. It's a shame because I think the Khajit, and Argonains are an interesting race, but that was ruined.

Ex-Ruairi (because it's dead) Alexina is my home now.

More end-game stuff, harder storylines, more homestead options.
    courtneyy
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Over 10 years
    Web banner.
    Frands.
    Connous beach event. Mojitos!
    Sao and Miku.
    Aer...because I believe she is the most prettiest. @_@
    Guns.
    Humans.
    Necromancer.
    Vampires. I dunno.
    Ruairi.
    10 more years.
  • NanocaNanoca
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    - I started within a week of the close of Beta.

- A mix of chance and hype from a now infamous imageboard..

- The sandbox element. There is no "endgame".

- The L-rod treasure hunt event, when Iria first came out.

- Ones that focus on the scale of the world, and exploring it, instead of "AFK and spin to win" lottery stuff.

- Ferghus. For reminding me that "repaired" does not equal "Good As New".

- Archery. Because it is frustrating.

- I started when there was only one, and I am sticking with it.

- Swimming/diving. Something that expands the "world" of the game.

- No particular favorite, as long as the lore fits.

- Mari.

- Another continent, a more open world aspect to existing maps, a bit more love given to crafting.
    Maybe a real uncapping and opening of the homestead concept.
    courtneyy
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    6 years on NA

originally a classmate i played maple with wanted me to play on mabi EU but that wasnt long due computer issues, then later an overseas friend told me Mabi NA now allowed european players so we could finaly play together.

Just running things with my friends, Mabis the best with good friends.

VocaloidBelisha haunted house thing was really fun.

I really like crossover events or ones that have you run with friends and can work together to get the prizes we want.

Shamala, because shes the master of transformation and pretty cool.

hard choice but i really enjoy magic nowdays, my favorite skill was Transformation mastery.

Human is my main. But giants have cool skills.

Something with spear fighting, Lances feel lacking in what i want.

a faery race. tho we already got elves and wings..

Ruairi

Worthwhile dungeons, more lore, Tory Ravine
  • HexatonicHexatonic
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Around 2009 I started, Got my GF at the time to join in 2010(wife now) so 9 years
    I've not a clue, But I was playing Maplestory before this so must have seen it around.
    Skill Mashing. i.e. can learn all the skills on one char and weave them together for cool combos.
    Not really sure. Most Memorable would be the Dragon boat rafting one. It is the event that got me to push my combat skills up to one hit the warriors with WM(before i just did what ever and messed about)
    Not really sure about this one. maybe some kind of old school event where you are to do older things like G7 egg guarding mission. Or A Elf V Giant War game event where you can participate in a War game(skirmish) between elf and giant, either picking up the sword or bow and fighting or using the hard earned life skills to gather mats for the war effort.
    Don't really have a favorite though.
    Combat/ninja
    Giants All the way~
    Hmmm maybe a split of archery from Combat tree and Add in a few skills.
    Formor races with out a doubt. With all the Trouble abound in Erinn and beyond, there has to be a small amount of Formors that don't stand with Chicol
    Alexina
  • NysephirNysephir
    Mabinogi Rep: 860
    edited August 16, 2018
    I get off and on Mabi quite often so I can't say an exact time, but earliest I've played was when dual wielding wasn't a thing. (Or so I was told, it was a long time ago)

Saw my brother play it. He didn't care for it but the aesthetics appealed to me.

I liked that the combat was different and was more methodical, it's quite different now but I still enjoy it with different talents.

I would say double rainbow because it's more of a passive event and it adds to whatever I'm already doing in game.

More Samhain like events where there's a bit of a story behind it.

Can't say that I have a favorite as I have never put any thoughts into who I like best.

Right now is chains. I like the idea of getting dorcha to use skills with and I enjoy playing around with it.

Playable race would be human because that's what I got used to.
    In general I don't really have a preference.

No particular talent but I would like to see more ace talents that combine other talents together.

I would like to see more Spirits like Aer and Enn

Alexina

I'd like to see balancing on combat. If I'm not spamming chain sweep for aoe it's spamming bash or chain impale for single target. While I personally don't mind getting things done this way it's not exactly the most enjoyable.
    I would also like to see more equipment varieties similar to how you can pick druid staff for straight up damage or guardian staff for less but with the ability to party heal. There's almost no point for me using any other close combat weapons when stuff like crks and divine bastard sword just out right give you crit bonuses (plus bash for crks) albeit only when equipped in pairs.
  • MichiMichi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,845
    1. I played since beta but I took a 1-2 year break. I tend to take some weeks off if I need to be somewhere.
    2. I came across this game through a friend.
    3. I really enjoy socializing, music, and ranking a bunch of skills.
    4. My favorite event is the cat marble event since I could spam for marbles in sms etc.
    5. I would like to see the treasure hunt event, treasure chest event, cat marble event, doki doki is ok, manus potion event, xo event (clouds)
    6. Price he's kinda like a underdog.
    7. It really depends on which mob I'm fighting also the location.
    8. Human
    9. Honestly, I'm down for any talents. Hopefully we get one soon.
    10.Uh, I'm not sure what race. I think what we have is fine but I would like to see an update for elves.
    11.Mari
    12.I would like to see all skills be uncapped. Probably more generations. It would be nice if the growth tab was a permanent feature. I actually want there to be a dungeon revamp... I don't like how the limit is for 4 people now and also getting passes is a pain. At least... maybe sell the advance passes in the npc shop cause I think is kind of ridiculous how we need to run alby basic -> int -> advance -> mangled made into a hardmode pass. I don't mind paying more gold. xD I just kind of miss spamming dungeons without passes being a problem. I would like for RE and SE potions to be more obtainable. :D
  • GakkuriaquaGakkuriaqua
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,870
    Summer 08 :'>

I was trying to avoid maplestory at the time and I found this.

How its not class/race restricted in terms of combat.

Alfie the ghost event

more events like alfie- events that give story

Pierrick - HIS IDLE ANIMATION--

Puppeteer

Human!

A Gardening talent.

hybrid races maybe?

Ruairi

some kind of new mechanic or area like a underwater dungeon etc.
    courtneyy
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    edited August 16, 2018
    How long have you been playing Mabinogi?
    1 year

How did you come across the game?
    Searched "Best anime mmorpgs" on youtube

What do you love the most about this game?
    The slow-paced thoughtful combat.

What is your favorite event?
    Events are all gimmicks. Little Orphan Alyn had a neat story though.

What events would you like to see in the game?
    I like events that change the world temporarily, like the winter event giving us Christmas snow or fairy village event having fairies pop up while you do life skills. I hate events that have you repetitively do event specific stuff. The worst events just give you stuff in exchange for being logged in. That just seems so desperate.

Who is your favorite NPC? Why?
    Lorna is cute. CUTE! <3

What is your favorite talent?
    Martial Arts. There's just something wholesome and down-to-earth about it. It doesn't feel like a fanfic talent like some others...

What is your favorite race?
    GIANTS are best, because they actually look like actual people and not stick figures. I can truly respect and enjoy the human form with giants.

What talents would you like to see in the future?
    I would LOVE to REMOVE talents like Lance and especially Chain.

What races would you like to see in the future?
    None, just differentiate the three races more. Have elves be tiny, humans be taller and stouter, and turn giants into a hairy neanderthal human with wild skin colors.

What server do you play on?
    Alexina

What content would you love to see come out for Mabinogi?
    PLEASE hire experienced programmers to update the core game. Other than that, more Lorna content.