Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Karma koin Cards disappearing from store shelves.

FroglordFroglord
Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
in Item/Premium Shop
Lately within the last year I've noticed alot of stores in Canada seem to stop carrying Karma Koin cards. Stores ranging to EBgames aka Gamestop, 7eleven, and most grocery stores seem to not have them as much, or none at all.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 17, 2018
    Lol, pfff. Such thing as Karma Koin doesn't exist in my country. xD That's why i go and buy those online. Good, fast and trusted website Offgamers sell them in 10$ and even up to 100$, both Global and Canadian cards.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I have not really noticed if the number of Karma Koin cards have decreased in the US or not but I will take a closer look next time I visit a store that usually sells them. buying them online may look like a little bit of scam cause you are buying a random code online that you get emailed to you and you are just expected to trust the seller that it is real and will work. however it does actually work out quite well as long as you are buying it from a reliable seller and website. payments for just about anything can be done online these days so it makes sense if stores are not selling a product that can be bought much faster online.
    Greta
  • MykahMykah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,740
    I did noticed them suddenly disappearing in Canada around March I think? And they got replaced by some other game card instead o:
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    edited August 17, 2018
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I have not really noticed if the number of Karma Koin cards have decreased in the US or not but I will take a closer look next time I visit a store that usually sells them.

In the U.S., Rite Aid (if you're familiar with that particular pharmacy) stopped carrying them a few years back. Or at least I haven't been able to find them at any of the locations I've visited in years. Karma Koin still has them listed on their website, though. :/ Hope that was somewhat useful.
  • NurylonNurylon
    Mabinogi Rep: 590
    edited August 17, 2018
    I only see Karma Koin at Fred Meyer's grocery store anymore (in Washington).
    Offgamers looks pretty cool! I'd never seen an online seller that didn't charge like 72 bucks for a 50 dollar card or something super stupid like that, so I'd just absolutely cut it as an option to look at. I don't really understand the price discrepancy with Global/CA though, since I don't know what's to stop everyone from just buying and using CA equally.
    Alliejane
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 17, 2018
    Nurylon wrote: »
    Offgamers looks pretty cool! I'd never seen an online seller that didn't charge like 72 bucks for a 50 dollar card or something super stupid like that, so I'd just absolutely cut it as an option to look at. I don't really understand the price discrepancy with Global/CA though, since I don't know what's to stop everyone from just buying and using CA equally.

Lol that's weird. What website is that? So overpriced lol.
  • ISniffGlueISniffGlue
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I noticed this too, I went through 3 different 7-11's and 2 different London Drugs and they don't stock them anymore. I've been seeing it for years and wanted to buy them recently cause of the event partners but nope. I bought them from online through Offgamers (Official Online Karma Koin Distributor) cause it was on sale. Just a warning though, $10 Canadian coin is 7800k nx
  • QuianaQuiana
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    A helpful thing for you all, Paypal has their 'gift card' system which allows you to buy Karma Koin cards now online as a prepaid code.
    Berryswirl
  • KiruahKiruah
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    Since they dont sell them here i buy them from PCgamesupply they have them for gloabal, US and canada.
    sofar always had working codes and got them emailed in a few min after payment processed.
  • ParrotzParrotz
    Mabinogi Rep: 350
    Walgreens still carries the karma koin cards :P shamefully not much stores sell them .-.
  • AlliejaneAlliejane
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,155
    Nurylon wrote: »

Oooh do i spy another washingtonian :o
  • WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    edited September 15, 2018
    When I talked to the Gamestop people, they said that they still stock them. Strangely enough, though, their computers told them they were "in stock" when in reality they didn't have any left.
  • DrognakDrognak
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,165
    edited September 15, 2018
    Have to plug PC Game Supply like someone above. They don't overcharge for the cost of the card and never had any bad codes from them.
  • GretaGreta
    edited September 16, 2018
    Drognak wrote: »
    Have to plug PC Game Supply like someone above. They don't overcharge for the cost of the card and never had any bad codes from them.

Offgamers is a good website too. They even have promo sales which help you to save like a couple of dollars.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    In Canada, EBgames, Shoppers drug mart, walmart and all Stores under the Loblaws name still carry Karma Koin cards.
    Berryswirl
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited September 19, 2018
    Back when they were still called Nexon Cards (in Los Angeles, US area), I was able to buy some at a supermarket. After the name change to Karma Koin, I've only received 1 as a gift. Every store I go to and I look at the card section, it does not exist.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    edited September 19, 2018
    ?? Well I'm not sure.. With more and more businesses going to online feedback...you would think...but a lot of times they have you visit and reply and they never do anything. Still worth a shot....

karmakoin.com/

If you look at the FAQ....You can request they re-instate the cards. Best of luck. karmakoin.com/faqs

You would think with a vast list of games you can use it on that ppl would buy more of them. Not sure anymore since quite a handful still use Paypal and such? -shrugs-
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    I'm from the U.S. and I get mine at Walgreens.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I surprisingly found some at a Ralphs over the weekend.
    But I wonder for Canada, can the ongoing trade dispute with the US cause vendors to decrease their inventories of Karma Koin?
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    Walmart/Walgreens/CVS sells them still.
    Where I'm currently located, we have 2 walmarts, though only one of the walmarts sells em'... :c