Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pls increase the Pet limit again by more than 50

Comments

• THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    Yes, but only with VIP.
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    You can never have enough characters. You can never have enough pets. And you can certainly never have enough bags.

Wish Nexon would understand this.
  • ShoogShoog
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,535
    Yes please! I'm a pet hoarder and have a couple small inventory bags full of pet whistles that I've collected over the past couple years. I've had to be selective of what pets I want to create since I know I'm very close to the current cap.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited August 10, 2018
    I definitely agree, we've been needing this for a while now. Although I'm not near the cap, I know I'll be there soon enough. There shouldn't even be a cap in the first place.
    Yes, but only with VIP.

Umm.. how about no.
    Every player should have the right to buy characters/pets/partners from Nexon, not restricted by VIP access.
    This in turn will generate more money for Nexon.
    ^ Ok, how about this? Every time we create a pet or character acquired through NX purchase, our max character limit is also increased by one. This way only free characters and pets are limited, and the limit doesn't negatively affect Nexon's income.
    Bronzebreak
  • IAAWIAAW
    edited August 10, 2018
    ^ Ok, how about this? Every time we create a pet or character acquired through NX purchase, our max character limit is also increased by one. This way only free characters and pets are limited, and the limit doesn't negatively affect Nexon's income.

That seems counter-intuitive to me, mostly because it seems like it would be redundant to restrict character slots in that way. Especially in regards to free character slots; you only ever receive six free character cards to begin with with a fresh character, and counting the Elf and Giant-specific support character cards and the three pets you receive for free from beginner quests, that adds up to eleven. If all eight free characters complete Iria: The Saga I for the free Pegasus pet, that amount increases to nineteen. For the amount of character cards that you can receive consistently for free barring any events, nineteen character cards (eleven of them being pets) is a far cry from the 200 character card limit.

While event pets are a thing and are given out pretty consistently, assuming one event pet per registered main character per month, over a year that's only twelve additional free character cards, all of them pets. It would take three years of consistent playtime and participation in events that give out free event pets to even remotely come close to the current limit. I don't think "limiting" free character cards will do anything.

The biggest thing to remember about these types of suggestions (whether it be for more character card slots, a bag tab, etc.) is that they are all primarily suggested by players who are actively paying into Mabinogi and, well... actually kind of need the additional space if they're going to keep giving Nexon more money.
    IAAW wrote: »
    It would take three years of consistent playtime and participation in events that give out free event pets to even remotely come close to the current limit.
    Great! That means limiting free slots to 200 is quite generous for all, and most won't hit the limit for 5 to 8 years. At that point, the limit will encourage them to buy NX pets. Everyone wins!
    IAAW wrote: »
    The biggest thing to remember about these types of suggestions (whether it be for more character card slots, a bag tab, etc.) is that they are all primarily suggested by players who are actively paying into Mabinogi and, well... actually kind of need the additional space if they're going to keep giving Nexon more money.
    I'm not following your logic here. People who buy NX will avoid the character limit. Can you rephrase this point?
  • IAAWIAAW
    I'm not following your logic here. People who buy NX will avoid the character limit. Can you rephrase this point?

I'm sure people who buy NX are also people who like having event pets, so if their event pets get effected by a limit when the rest of their NX-bought pets don't, it may make things frustrating. Granted, I will concede that, as I noted before, this would take a good three years at minimum assuming that NX-bought character cards no longer get effected by a limit. Maybe in the end that would be a first world problem, but I suppose it's still something to think about.
    Hmm, I get you now. The people who buy NX pets are likely to have a bazillion event pets.

Some alternative ideas:
    - Pay money to increase character limit directly.
    - Cheaper or easier pet trading, preferably through VIP.
    - Events only give out 3 pets per year.
  • bobobobo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    edited August 15, 2018
    oh looks like my thread got merged, thanks xD

anyways, I just wanted to add that I've been playing Mabi for 10 years and in the beginning, they did not have too many pets to begin with. When I hit the first pet / character limit, it wasn't so bad because it didn't take them long to increase the cap. However lately now, I've noticed they've been giving away a lot more pets (some useful and some useless) for events. Then you got those pets with various versions and gachapon pets and BAM, you start to reach the cap a lot quicker than you think. Thanks for the free pets but honestly, I probably wouldn't have hit the cap limit so soon if it weren't for all these new changes, which essentially to be honest, are all either cash grabs or ways to make the community active.

If you think it's too much to have more pets, perhaps find ways to make it less congested or something. I think you guys need to start making something like a "collection barn" for pets (like the dressing room lmao) and maybe on top of that, add something like a "pet bank" where we can see all our pets inventories =3= huehue.

but for now, increasing the cap limit / removing the cap would be a nice start.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125
    The pet limit should just be removed at this point. A lot, and I mean A LOT of people selectively buy pets and partners now because of the limit and there are even people that want multiple copies of a certain pet they really really REALLY like. Lifting the limits means the whales would be free to blow their load on multiples of pets they like. Let's face it, the limit was envisioned at a time when people had to pay for rebirths, and pets were cash shop exclusive goods. The limit was more than enough for the designers at the time for what was intended. In this era where events hand out freebies, crossover pets, and even story line pet rewards, the limit is redundant, people can, and will obtain enough character cards to hit the limit.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    How does one track 200 pets?
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 20, 2018
    Can someone tell why there are few threads that got moved from Feedback and Suggestions to General Chat all of sudden? The heck is going on???
    BronzebreakJazmynSherriHellkaizer
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Greta wrote: »
    Can someone tell why there are few threads that got moved from Feedback and Suggestions to General Chat all of sudden? The heck is going on???

I was just about to ask the same thing. What in Erinn is happening..?!
    Jazmyn
    Sherri wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

I was just about to ask the same thing. What in Erinn is happening..?!

1. Ruairi
    2. Ferghus
    3. The Milletian
    4. The End of Erinn is coming
    JazmynSherri
  • JazmynJazmyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,595
    This suggestion ended up in Help.... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Greta
    Jazmyn wrote: »

We'll be fine if Last Post Wins stays in Town Square.

JazmynGreta
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 22, 2018
    Jazmyn wrote: »

We'll be fine if Last Post Wins stays in Town Square.

Nah. Move it to general chat! And move poll of server merge/name change into incomplete category LOL.
    BronzebreakSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited September 17, 2018
    deleted, leaving the forums
  • GretaGreta
    Gaea wrote: »
    Increase it to 500 that way we don't have to worry about it for a long LONG time.

Yeah instead we will have to worry about deadly fps drops when opening Pet Information Tab. It's already unbearable.