Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Oops I was wrong.

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
edited August 23, 2018 in General Chat
My bad these new stance are perm XD
  1. This makes ya sad too?11 votes
    1. Yes....
       9% (1 vote)
    2. Yessss........
       91% (10 votes)

Comments

• ArdawnArdawn
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Are there not permanent versions in the gacha?
  • AlshianAlshian
    Yea its perm i looked at it wrong.
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    It doesn't make me sad. Why would you make the poll biased?
    ArdawnGreta
  • AlshianAlshian
    Hinotama wrote: »
    It doesn't make me sad. Why would you make the poll biased?

cus the thread used to be a disappointment for my foolishness for jumping the gun to quickly to find out its not the 60 day version of stances.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Still disappointed. Could have been a nice pose revamp update instead of this hot garbage gacha.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    At least they're somewhat common. Though people aren't selling them yet (hoarding instead)
  • AlshianAlshian
    Greta wrote: »
    Still disappointed. Could have been a nice pose revamp update instead of this hot garbage gacha.

Least id have a freedom to go classic or a totem version of the stance, but yea it would be nice.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870

Can people not be glad about something for once? Being aggressively bitter is getting old.
    MizukiHayama
  • HinotamaHinotama
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,420
    Sebastian wrote: »

Can people not be glad about something for once? Being aggressively bitter is getting old.

Didn't you know? No one can be happy about a gacha when it has nice stuff in it. It is against the rules.
    SebastianKtty
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 23, 2018
    Hinotama wrote: »

Didn't you know? No one can be happy about a gacha when it has nice stuff in it. It is against the rules.

It's bitter because this is something very new that we didn't have before and it's in gacha, also it's slightly unfinished. Why make them work as totems/chairs? Kind of inconvenient in my opinion.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    It's bitter because this is something very new that we didn't have before and it's in gacha, also it's slightly unfinished. Why make them work as totems/chairs? Kind of inconvenient in my opinion.
    I'm fairly certain that overseas versions had these stance cards in gachas as well. Pray tell, what would you put these in as? An accessory slot item that costs 50 thousand gold to repair? I much prefer them as a totem because they save my money.
    SebastianTwelieMizukiHayamaMaia
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 23, 2018
    Buffalos wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain that overseas versions had these stance cards in gachas as well. Pray tell, what would you put these in as? An accessory slot item that costs 50 thousand gold to repair? I much prefer them as a totem because they save my money.

Make them obtainable in some missions? Or maybe as a loot that could come from any dungeon or anywhere else? Also why crappy cards? Could have made an activate button or something in Character Info. So much possibilities to make this better, but i guess they were too lazy and tried to save some money/time.
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited August 23, 2018

Make them obtainable in some missions? Or maybe as a loot that could come from any dungeon or anywhere else? Also why crappy cards? Could have an activate button or something in your Character Info. So much possibilities to make this better, but i guess they were too lazy and tried to save some money/time.

How does the specifics about how it's activated save them money? Also, it's foolish to think that after everything that's happened in terms of new items this year, that these would be obtainable in a MISSION. It's sad, but we should expect it.
  • BuffalosBuffalos
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,795
    edited August 23, 2018
    Make them obtainable in some missions? Or maybe as a loot that could come from any dungeon or anywhere else? Also why crappy cards? Could have made an activate button or something in Character Info. So much possibilities to make this better, but i guess they were too lazy and tried to save some money/time.
    Aside for the impossibility of Korea making a cosmetic item be obtainable ingame for a free-to-play, your suggestion of a character info switch would basically boil down to another hidden character equipment window where you could no longer retrieve the item to possibly resell/transfer later. It's a 1x1 item. If you seriously cannot be bothered to make a slot for it like you have for every other totem in the game, you probably shouldn't be buying/using it.
    SebastianMizukiHayama
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 23, 2018
    Aside for the impossibility of Korea making a cosmetic item be obtainable ingame for a free-to-play, your suggestion of a character info switch would basically boil down to another hidden character equipment window where you could no longer retrieve the item to possibly resell/transfer later. It's a 1x1 item. If you seriously cannot be bothered to make a slot for it like you have for every other totem in the game, you probably shouldn't be buying/using it.

Yeah, well that's why i said to make it obtainable permanently from somewhere such as dungeon. But never mind this, i'll decide whenever to buy it or not if they won't be ridiculously overpriced lol. Thanks for reacting to my thoughts and ideas in a civil and respected manner though, unlike someone else. :)
  • IAAWIAAW
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,285
    I actually remember thinking about suggesting stance cards as a Dressing Room unlock before I even knew about them, although the idea focused more on stances with your hands empty than alternate stances with equipped weapons.

Kind of annoying that they are gacha only; can't wait for people to be selling those at 5m a pop.
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    IAAW wrote: »
    I actually remember thinking about suggesting stance cards as a Dressing Room unlock before I even knew about them, although the idea focused more on stances with your hands empty than alternate stances with equipped weapons.

Kind of annoying that they are gacha only; can't wait for people to be selling those at 5m a pop.

Oh yeah! I remember that. It did sound really nice and all, maybe that's why i felt disappointed when this happened. The prices are reallllyyyy random in at this moment, at least in Alexina.
  • GTCvActiumGTCvActium
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,125

This is fine, this is EXACTLY what should be put into the gacha. I have nothing against this at ALL. Though my only recommendation is that these be permanent items sold on their own from the cash shop rather than gacha, but this is still acceptable. Remember, these are 100% cosmetic with no impact on the game, player styles or offer any advantages other than being cool.
    MizukiHayamaSebastianBuffalosGretaIrvynHellkaizerCallanthe
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Nope, I agree. It could of been an update. Soon storyline content will be gacha. Gacha everything!
    Greta
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited August 24, 2018
    Gaea wrote: »

Nope, I agree. It could of been an update. Soon storyline content will be gacha. Gacha everything!

If it was an update, I'd assume that it would forcefully push the new animations on everyone, and some people may prefer the old stances to the new. Personally I dislike the twin sword one. It's better to have the choice present, even if behind gacha, than no choice at all. Luckily the stances are dropping significantly in price, at least on Alexina.

The only thing from this gacha I would argue that shouldn't be a gacha item are the titles. Now THAT should be something added to the game that you can EARN.